Predictions on who will win 38-4a?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1353445" timestamp="1355235138"]
Vidor is returning over half there squad. I think they lost maybe four guys. And that was a team that went four rounds deep into the playoffs. Hence the state ranking we have now. Not trying to sound cocky but everyone else is just playing for second.
[/quote]
stop

I know Nederland will be loaded this year with lots of talent and PNG is looking pretty strong with a lot of talent.  Vidor has been very good the last couple of years but I think they will start declining this year or next.... PNG  is my pick followed by Big Ned and then Vidor.... sorry i just can't admit vidor is better.... (even if the are) :-\ :-\ :-\

[quote name="freelancer1-1" post="1354778" timestamp="1355486435"]
I may be wrong but I think Vidor lost more than 4 starters. It's been a while, but I thought the starting lineup was mostly seniors.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
[/quote]
F...L...1-1, I see that you are a fairly new member with 41 posts.  A quick study for you - believe me that THIS CROWD WILL CORRECT you if you're wrong !!!  Trouble is, the same group will sometimes correct you when you're right. ;D ;D ::)

[quote name="LCM#1" post="1356089" timestamp="1355765436"]
Don't count LC-M out of the hunt. They're young with only one senior returning with that stud keeper. and 6 other starters returning.
[/quote] WAIT!  Let's get this straight - there's a STUD keeper running aroung the LC-M area?  Well, I never! ;D

• 2 weeks later...
Any team in district could argue that they have the 2nd best keeper in district because only the 1st best is officially recognized. And as i have said in previous posts, the usual excuse for Nederland is that they are young and are growing, but will end up coming up short this year. Haven't been around in the area much the past few years so i haven't gotten to see any teams play, but if someone says that PNG is returning a decent team I'd say that they will come out on top because of the new coaching staff there. But that wont come easy, this is a real tough district and there are usually a few teams who surprise and come out strong. Good luck to all!

I'm not sure about "excuses" that Nederland always young. I can say for a fact that last year and this year they are young. They graduated 3 starting seniors last year and had 2 starting juniors. The rest were all sophomores. This year they will start 2 seniors and the rest are either juniors or younger. I think they will be better than last year. Can't say they will win district, but I also can't say that for any of the other teams. My guess would be LCM and then PNG, Nederland, and Vidor in no particular order.  The only thing I can say is that it will be an interesting district battle this year!

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1353445" timestamp="1355235138"]
Vidor is returning over half there squad. I think they lost maybe four guys. And that was a team that went four rounds deep into the playoffs. Hence the state ranking we have now. Not trying to sound cocky but everyone else is just playing for second.
[/quote] Vidor is returning 3 starters.

• 4 weeks later...
Vidor is young but Coach Matt has tested them in pre-district.  Because of the  quality they have competed against, they will be better prepared for tough district games.  Nederland, PNG always top stuff.  Seems like LCM gets better each year too.  Central always has some skill up front - lookout there. 

But, we will all know soon.  Vidor opens district with @Nederland, PNG, and @LCM.  If Vidor wins 2 of these, they will be set.  Game four is Central at home - a must win.  Vidor needs 2 out of first 3. 

I have seen most of these teams play this preseason......IMO... PNG is the best team, and more consistant.... Pretty disappointed in big ned... Most of the other teams have played really well at times and not so well at time... Central, LCM,Vidor,  have looked good at times and not so good at times.... if they get it together this district should be really interesting....

Played Nederland... I was impressed, in that their scorelines are not showing how good they are and they COULD be.  Several really good players.  Defense will be their biggest question mark.  They took it to us and kept the pressure on.  Saw Vidor play and they are  hard working and were missing a couple of players when I saw them.  PnG should have the most talent across the board but have not seen them.  LcM seems to be doing some good things but no clue .  Good Luck in the district race....

[quote name="sharkfutbol" post="1368360" timestamp="1359595492"]
Played Nederland... I was impressed, in that their scorelines are not showing how good they are and they COULD be.  Several really good players.  Defense will be their biggest question mark.  They took it to us and kept the pressure on.  Saw Vidor play and they are  hard working and were missing a couple of players when I saw them.  PnG should have the most talent across the board but have not seen them.  LcM seems to be doing some good things but no clue .  Good Luck in the district race....
[/quote]

Quick question Shark and no disrespect but..... If you havn't seen Png, how can you say they should have the most talant??

The club teams that played each other during the season.  The PnG kids that were playing amongst them seemed to be deeper than other club teams. Unless  when I was told by others the school the club players  attended were not accurate.  I think Nederland could be really good.  And again the PnG players I know of sound or seem to be really good.  Cant wait to see how the first round of district plays out. Problem is nobody will post scores.  Good luck ..

Vidor host PNG boys tonight.  Big game.  PNG has to be favorite to win district so this is an important home match for Coach Matt.

Vidor girls travel to PNG. 

Can someone explain the shootout/ties/scoring rules for me??? 

Why not just award 1 point for a tie and 3 points for a win?  No shootout.  I still do not understanding the system.

Each district decides how they will handle overtime. This year, 38 4A has decided to use overtime and then kicks from the mark (PK's) to decide a winner. They have used several methods over the years, but this is what they decided on this year. I think a point system would be better, but that would have to incorporate goal differential and that, to me, is a hard way to miss the post season if you come out on the bottom end of it!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin