2013 20-4A Predictions

[quote name="bigdog" post="1352867" timestamp="1355150367"]
Nederland will be in the running again,  and I think PNG will be back in contention next year.  The other two will probably be Ozen and possibly LCM or Vidor.
[/quote]
Gotta agree. Nederland will be in the mix again for DC. The JV QB was pretty good and I hear they had another kid as backup on Varsity that was pretty good, so they should be solid once again.
PNG will be young with a bunch of Sophomores and a few Freshman (possibly) and Juniors who got PT this year, but much more talented than 2012. Youth could take some time to catch up to speed of the game on Friday nights.
Vidor will chug along. They will not be the Pirates of the past two years, but they will not be the Vidor of old either. I expect them to compete for a spot.
Ozen had a very talented group of Freshman and JV. Nelson should be able to have them competing.
LCM will return a good QB, but not sure what else they return. Will the loss of Sezar impact them as greatly as one might expect? Besides they had an outstanding HS QB a few years back and didn't make the playoffs.
Central without Mitchell? With Washington??
Livingston had a very good JV. I think they compete for a DC soon, but youth will take some lumps much like PNG next year.
This leaves Lumberton. Hey the Lumberton Freshman team will be good next year! Or maybe not as many of them may be on Varsity.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1353071" timestamp="1355172821"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=107324.msg1353066#msg1353066 date=1355172571]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=107324.msg1353062#msg1353062 date=1355172323]
ned, png, vidor, ozen. not in that order though  ;)
[/quote]

What order? :D
[/quote] :-X
[/quote]

Your no fun Mr B  :P >:( :)

Nederland has been a fine DC for the last 2 yrs but its time to relinquish the throne.

PN-G
Ned
Vidor
Livingston

I see ned png and vidor as the top three teams. Until i august of next year i'm not gonna say which one will be on top. Ned always has a great team and there jv and freshman did good this year. Vidor's attitude has changed from the top down to the 1st graders. They believe they can win now and they believe in there program and that is a huge thing. They will not be the door mat no longer. Not to mention even though we lost montana we have his brothers and cousins coming up lol along with a few coaches kids. IMO when this years freshman hit there junior year vidor will get that all illusive dc. But that's just my opinion lol. PNG will be solid. I can't see brandon faircloth having two bad years in a row and especially since there freshman ran the squad this year. They may be young but they will be a force to be reckoned with. I see livingston sneaking into the 4th spot.

[quote name="indianforever" post="1353072" timestamp="1355172904"]
1. PNG
2. Ozen
3. Ned
4. Vidor
[/quote]
Nederland has better Juniors and Sophmores(By a mile) and PNG has better Freshman. I believe that Ned will still be above PNG and the rest of the district
1. Ned
2. Ozen
3. PNG
4. Vidor or Livingston

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1353062" timestamp="1355172323"]
ned, png, vidor, ozen. not in that order though  ;)
[/quote]

I don't know what order it will be in, but I think those are your four playoff teams. Only other possibility I see is Livingston replacing one of the four.

As of now.... 8) ;D

[quote name="ram0524" post="1353116" timestamp="1355176932"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=107324.msg1353072#msg1353072 date=1355172904]
1. PNG
2. Ozen
3. Ned
4. Vidor
[/quote]
Nederland has better Juniors and Sophmores(By a mile) and PNG has better Freshman. I believe that Ned will still be above PNG and the rest of the district
1. Ned
2. Ozen
3. PNG
4. Vidor or Livingston
[/quote]

Nederland, PN-G and Livingstons JV were 6-1 this year, sharing the District Champion title for sub varsity. I think it will be a strong district in 2013.

Nederland has both running backs, 5 lineman that started at one time, Kimler at wr, and contreras at te(9 starters on offense) malveaux, Washington, Johnson on Dline, seay at LB, and Kimler at safety(5 starters on defense).    A few other sophomores (barton, mayfield, stewart)with playing time and lots of varsity experience, JV that lost one game, and a strong freshman team as well.    I expect Nederland to reign strong again as district champs and with development could push deep in the playoffs again.     
1.Nederland
2.PNG
3.Vidor
4.LCM

[quote name="dogbite" post="1353205" timestamp="1355187350"]
Nederland has both running backs, 5 lineman that started at one time, Kimler at wr, and contreras at te(9 starters on offense) malveaux, Washington, Johnson on Dline, seay at LB, and Kimler at safety(5 starters on defense).    A few other sophomores (barton, mayfield, stewart)with playing time and lots of varsity experience, JV that lost one game, and a strong freshman team as well.    I expect Nederland to reign strong again as district champs and with development could push deep in the playoffs again.     
1.Nederland
2.PNG
3.Vidor
4.LCM
[/quote]

Seay is actually a Safety that comes up for run support, we run a 4-2-5. I was talking to him today and he said he wants to stay at safety and let Mayfield, Stewart, and Hughes (JV)be the LB next year. Either way though we have alot of talent returning and will make a run next year.

Seay is a cross between linebacker and safety.  Not that it matters but he's what we used to call a bandit basically.    But who knows where he ends up, maybe evEn offense.    Point that matters is we have lots of talent and Neumann and staff will get them in the correct positions after evaluations and position battles.   

With the players Vidor is losing, I think competing for the 4th playoff slot is about the best we can hope for in 2013.  A 6-4 season would be a successful one for the Pirates IMO.  Will probably have quite a few players from this year's 8-2 freshman team on varsity next year.
Nederland will remain strong, PNG should rebound, Livingston seems to always be in the mix and  LCM should be competitive again as well.  Ozen and Central are always capable of making some noise.  Lumberton can only get better.
1. Nederland should be the overwhelming favorite here, but unlike this year, there is no clear cut #2 so I think the other 3 spots are up for grabs between Livingston, LCM, Vidor, Ozen, PNG.  (Central could be in the mix is well, Lumberton rebuilding).

[quote name="GoBigBlue1997" post="1353324" timestamp="1355196901"]
I have heard from many including Centrals Freshman Coach that Sage is the best QB in Nederland right now.  They said as a Freshman, he could throw and run.  Any thoughts that he may play QB next year.  I know Monte is really high on Preston.  Where does Krautz play next year... wr? cb?
[/quote]

Perhaps, he is a outstanding QB. Just he'd rather be playing safety. If they need him to play QB he would, but he will not just volunteer for it. He is more of the spread qb, not the under center hand off the Hopkins type. He would fit in perfectly if he played 4 years ago.

Nederland takes the district title next season again, whether undefeated or not.

Next, I would put
Livingston
Central
and leave the 4th spot up for grabs....

I would rank PNG in there only if issues with defense are addressed adequately, which I am not so sure of.  Central is the wildcard, overall, talent will carry that team next season, regardless of coaching.  Central could really have a good season in 2013 if the right moves are made.

Vidor will be good but I don't see the football talent coming back to compete for district title; however, Vidor could grab the last playoff spot.  Great coaching and desire will do a lot for this team in 2013.

Don't count Ozen out or even LCM.  Lumberton, I believe will still struggle again in 2013. 

[quote name="GoBigBlue1997" post="1353324" timestamp="1355196901"]
I have heard from many including Centrals Freshman Coach that Sage is the best QB in Nederland right now.  They said as a Freshman, he could throw and run.  Any thoughts that he may play QB next year.  I know Monte is really high on Preston.  Where does Krautz play next year... wr? cb?
[/quote]

Central's Subvarsity Coach thought that Seay Quarterbacked game on JV this season against them...., one of those coaches were in my office recently where I told them that Seay was on defense on varsity, not the JV Qb this season against Central.  You know all those whi+e boys look like alike.... :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder