Rattlers end great WO-S run

[quote name="Cover 2 Wild Rattler" post="1351635" timestamp="1354950464"]
Okay I just read a post on the other thread with Beaumont Enterprise. I think they make up a lot of lies in their paper they say y'all's coach stated we didn't beat y'all. That the Mustangs beat themselves but Orangeleader states the coach said Wo-s got beat.
[/quote] yeah i caught that also, kinda weird.

[quote name="the-riot07" post="1351653" timestamp="1354957641"]
Wow y'all are never satisfied huh? Your team won the game and is moving on to the next game...so why would it be any of your concern what our coach says after the game??? MOVE ON!!!
[/quote]

Because many people downed Dawson's coach for making a similar statement AFTER Nederland beat them!

[quote name="Cover 2 Wild Rattler" post="1351635" timestamp="1354950464"]
Okay I just read a post on the other thread with Beaumont Enterprise. I think they make up a lot of lies in their paper they say y'all's coach stated we didn't beat y'all. That the Mustangs beat themselves but Orangeleader states the coach said Wo-s got beat.
[/quote]

Why is it lies? What if the coach said both things to two different reporters.

Also, the statements aren't mutually exclusive. You can beat yourself with stupid penalties and turnovers but the other team most certainly beat you.

[quote name="jumpmanfeva" post="1351658" timestamp="1354965356"]
[quote author=the-riot07 link=topic=107273.msg1351653#msg1351653 date=1354957641]
Wow y'all are never satisfied huh? Your team won the game and is moving on to the next game...so why would it be any of your concern what our coach says after the game??? MOVE ON!!!
[/quote]

Because many people downed Dawson's coach for making a similar statement AFTER Nederland beat them!
[/quote]

There is a big difference between we beat ourselves and the best team didn't win.

[quote name="tvc" post="1351666" timestamp="1354970721"]
[quote author=jumpmanfeva link=topic=107273.msg1351658#msg1351658 date=1354965356]
[quote author=the-riot07 link=topic=107273.msg1351653#msg1351653 date=1354957641]
[/quote]

Because many people downed Dawson's coach for making a [b]similar [/b] statement AFTER Nederland beat them!
[/quote]

There is a big difference between we beat ourselves and the best team didn't win.
[/quote]

Note: word in bold... If you aren't giving credit to the team that beat you then there isn't a BIG difference.  And WO-S didn't beat themselves, They were dominated by a better team!  The "best defense in the state" was neutralized with the same speed on the other side of the ball.  The pressure on the qb was neutralized with great blocking, and that highly touted secondary was exposed.  Now they do swarm to the ball like crazy, I must admit.  WO-S did commit TOs, but so did Navasota!  After scoring 3 plays into the game, I knew this defense was not going to be able to contain Navasota.

[quote name="tvc" post="1351666" timestamp="1354970721"]
[quote author=jumpmanfeva link=topic=107273.msg1351658#msg1351658 date=1354965356]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bingo.

[quote name="jumpmanfeva" post="1351735" timestamp="1354980387"]
[quote author=tvc link=topic=107273.msg1351666#msg1351666 date=1354970721]
[/quote]

Because many people downed Dawson's coach for making a [b]similar [/b] statement AFTER Nederland beat them!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Note: word in bold... If you aren't giving credit to the team that beat you then there isn't a BIG difference.  And WO-S didn't beat themselves, They were dominated by a better team!  The "best defense in the state" was neutralized with the same speed on the other side of the ball.  The pressure on the qb was neutralized with great blocking, and that highly touted secondary was exposed.  Now they do swarm to the ball like crazy, I must admit.  WO-S did commit TOs, but so did Navasota!  After scoring 3 plays into the game, I knew this defense was not going to be able to contain Navasota.
[/quote]

The Dawson coach just flat out disrespected Nederland and was a sore loser after that game.  Everything Coach Thompson has said was NOTHING like that.  There is no comparison.  To say that the Mustangs turnovers and penalties (aka "we beat ourselves") contributed to the loss is an accurate statement.  That's not a sore loser mentality and that's not an excuse.  He recognized that "...they just beat us."

I don't know what he said and what he didn't say but I would like to think that since Coach Thompson has been doing this since before I was born, he has a good grasp on what he should say and shouldnt say.  It is funny that when coaches give their scripted responses, everyone dismisses it and says "oh thats just cookie cutter responses or he is saying what he should say....I wonder what he is really thinking".  Well, when one of them says what they are really thinking (at any level HS, College, Pro) people get their feelings hurt.

With or without the penalties and turnovers, Navasota wins....we just made sure there wasn't any suspense.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty