#1warrior

[quote name="bulldawg64" post="1344736" timestamp="1354230171"]
if you like the lake area,country living
they have the boys just have to have
someone get a program back going
back in early 80s they had some big ole boys
i remember
[/quote]
The boys arent playing sports. Their athletic program is devoid of talent other than Twine.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1344819" timestamp="1354238573"]
[quote author=bulldawg64 link=topic=106914.msg1344736#msg1344736 date=1354230171]
i remember
[/quote]
The boys arent playing sports. Their athletic program is devoid of talent other than Twine.
[/quote]This is NOT true!  I know most personally and have been watching this bunch boys since they were 5-6 years old.  Hemphill has PLENTY of talent other than Justin.  I could name probably 15 or so kids that could start in football and baseball for most ANY school in East Texas. 

[quote name="STINGER" post="1345025" timestamp="1354283970"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=106914.msg1344819#msg1344819 date=1354238573]
[quote author=bulldawg64 link=topic=106914.msg1344736#msg1344736 date=1354230171]
i remember
[/quote]
[/quote]This is NOT true!  I know most personally and have been watching this bunch boys since they were 5-6 years old.  Hemphill has PLENTY of talent other than Justin.  I could name probably 15 or so kids that could start in football and baseball for most ANY school in East Texas.
[/quote]

Name 5?????????????

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="hawgtuff" post="1345123" timestamp="1354293927"]
I hear finney from HD could turn the program around.
[/quote]

He is not going to Hemphill. He is extremely happy at HD

i remember
[/quote]
[/quote]

According to who??? Just like the other guy said name five??  Bringing Tom Landry back from the dead wouldnt change that place!

i remember
[/quote]
[/quote]

Dude...you are not from Hemphill obviously!! There are barely 15 boys in any of the programs at Hemphill!! Basketball has a total of 13 jv and varsity combined, varsity football had maybe 18 total and most of them HAD to start both ways. Geesh. Your delusional. Baseball has the biggest turn out for players right now. Last time I looked, most of them were JV players moved up as freshman. There are barely any boys in Hemphill  period, but since you know at least 15 of them that can start anywhere in East Texas.....please name them, give them credit and name them. During district games where were these guys? Face it. There is a drought of natural talent here. It can be worked on and improved but you have to have real participation from the kids and not just wanna be out there because they are bored.

[quote name="confucious" post="1345300" timestamp="1354309661"]
[quote author=STINGER link=topic=106914.msg1345025#msg1345025 date=1354283970]
i remember
[/quote]
[/quote]

Dude...you are not from Hemphill obviously!! There are barely 15 boys in any of the programs at Hemphill!! Basketball has a total of 13 jv and varsity combined, varsity football had maybe 18 total and most of them HAD to start both ways. Geesh. Your delusional. Baseball has the biggest turn out for players right now. Last time I looked, most of them were JV players moved up as freshman. There are barely any boys in Hemphill  period, but since you know at least 15 of them that can start anywhere in East Texas.....please name them, give them credit and name them. During district games where were these guys? Face it. There is a drought of natural talent here. It can be worked on and improved but you have to have real participation from the kids and not just wanna be out there because they are bored.
[/quote]Yeah, I probably know the kids there MUCH better than you.  I can promise you that IF I could have the following kids move to my school (which happens to be a consistant playoff school in both football and baseball) they WOULD start somewhere on both teams......  Twine, Bell, Whittington, Harris and Harris, Kreager, Byley, Simmons, Weathered, Weaver, Merchant, Phillips, Bagget.........  How many more????  The kids are there, but the spirit is broken!!

I'm really disappointed that some of you find it ok to get on here and act the way you do, rememeber that these are school age kids you're talking about.

[quote name="confucious" post="1345300" timestamp="1354309661"]
i remember
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]If there are "barely 15 boys in any of the programs at Hemphill" as YOU stated then there is a HUGE problem that extends WAY beyond the kids.  Hemphill is NOT a small 2A school, there should be much more participation than that.  Somebody needs to get their head out of the sand.

[quote name="STINGER" post="1345322" timestamp="1354312204"]
[quote author=confucious link=topic=106914.msg1345300#msg1345300 date=1354309661]
i remember
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, I probably know the kids there MUCH better than you.  I can promise you that IF I could have the following kids move to my school (which happens to be a consistant playoff school in both football and baseball) they WOULD start somewhere on both teams......  Twine, Bell, Whittington, Harris and Harris, Kreager, Byley, Simmons, Weathered, Weaver, Merchant, Phillips, Bagget.........  How many more????  The kids are there, but the spirit is broken!!

I'm really disappointed that some of you find it ok to get on here and act the way you do, rememeber that these are school age kids you're talking about.
[/quote]

I'm not talking bad about those kids... but the ones you just named ARE STARTERS already and the job isnt getting done. And yes the numbers are correct, there is a horrible turnout on boys sports programs in Hemphill. Please.... if you are so close to the info at HHS, give me your opinion why they went 1-9 this year. Since we have starters that can play anywhere in East Texas. I truly hate it has come to this for Hemphill, but most of it is from their own doing.... not allowing transfers for all those years trying to keep unwanteds out has come back to bite them.

[quote name="confucious" post="1345342" timestamp="1354313169"]
[quote author=STINGER link=topic=106914.msg1345322#msg1345322 date=1354312204]
[quote author=confucious link=topic=106914.msg1345300#msg1345300 date=1354309661]
i remember
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not talking bad about those kids... but the ones you just named ARE STARTERS already and the job isnt getting done. And yes the numbers are correct, there is a horrible turnout on boys sports programs in Hemphill. Please.... if you are so close to the info at HHS, give me your opinion why they went 1-9 this year. Since we have starters that can play anywhere in East Texas. I truly hate it has come to this for Hemphill, but most of it is from their own doing.... not allowing transfers for all those years trying to keep unwanteds out has come back to bite them.
[/quote]ZERO confindence is one of the contributing factors, for some odd reason the kids, school, and community have given up on football and they consider Hemphill a "baseball town/school".  I've heard this from adults and kids over and over and over for the past several years.  The athletic ability is there but the mental factor has been demolished!!!  To be successful in either football or baseball it takes athletes they go hand in hand and bleed over from one to another.  It makes no sense to be VERY good in one sport all the way through your lineup and horrible in the other using the same kids.  I do understand that some kids are good at one thing and bad at the other but you can't be as "athletic" as Hemphill is in baseball and have no athletes on the field in football using the same kids.

[quote name="confucious" post="1345342" timestamp="1354313169"]
[quote author=STINGER link=topic=106914.msg1345322#msg1345322 date=1354312204]
i remember
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not talking bad about those kids... but the ones you just named ARE STARTERS already and the job isnt getting done. And yes the numbers are correct, there is a horrible turnout on boys sports programs in Hemphill. Please.... if you are so close to the info at HHS, give me your opinion why they went 1-9 this year. Since we have starters that can play anywhere in East Texas. I truly hate it has come to this for Hemphill, but most of it is from their own doing.... not allowing transfers for all those years [b]trying to keep unwanteds out[/b] has come back to bite them.
[/quote]What does that mean please?

Guest incognito123
[quote name="hawgtuff" post="1345123" timestamp="1354293927"]
I hear finney from HD could turn the program around.
[/quote]

Hey Hey Hey, hands off.  He's happy and we intend to keep him that way.

• 2 weeks later...
Hemphill is not "very good" in any sport. They are decent in baseball and horrible in everything else. This talk about having athletes and players that could start on any team is crazy. The 8th grade group has some talent and that is it. There may be some in the halls but they are not in athletics.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi