Dallas Triple A Academy a budding 1A basketball power, but is it fair?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1342270" timestamp="1353870819"]
I know Tim and those guys. Good people and a very good basketball program put in place. McCLure is serious about academics as much as he is about basketball. The school probably needs to compete in 3-A division. They have several potential D-1 players in the loop.
[/quote]

Why should they be competing with schools that dont get students in the same manner?

It appears that recruiting will soon be the norm and soon will be accepted. Someone needs to catch it before it gets out of hand. If a team recruits, then they should be in a unique division like Private Schools have. This 1A team nearly beat a 5A team last week. I believe it was Clear Springs by two points? That should not happen under normal circumstances.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1342312" timestamp="1353876365"]
C'mon guys, let them enter 3-A. Better competition. King McClure (2015) is already being groomed as a future McDonald All American  ;)
[/quote]

then if the "grooming" is a priority, put them in their own private league or in 5-a where they can get really "groomed"

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1342340" timestamp="1353879611"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=106742.msg1342312#msg1342312 date=1353876365]
C'mon guys, let them enter 3-A. Better competition. King McClure (2015) is already being groomed as a future McDonald All American  ;)
[/quote]

then if the "grooming" is a priority, put them in their own private league or [b]in 5-a where they can get really "groomed"[/b]
[/quote]

I agree. These type schools should be made to play in highest classification in area, not lowest.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder