USSSA Tournament Schedule for 2013 season

USSSA will have 6 tournaments for the 2013 season. All tournaments excluding the Super NIT and State tournament will be Free, with the exception of $35 per game for umpires.

1. February 15th - 17th 

2. March  8th - 10th 

3, April 5th - 7th 

4. April 19th - 21st  Super NIT

5. May 10th - 12th 

6. June 28th - 30th  State Championship

For more information on tournament details visit www.gtbaseball.com

to some of us involved in youth baseball its not about making a big profit off the kids.usssa was around long before nations  & niether organization owns the teams.i have the choice to play both & thats how it should be,leave all that bull**t out of it.everyone in this area should want every usssa/nations tournament to get alot of teams,it benefits the whole area in so many positive ways.come on man!if you have to charge over $300 or 400 for tournaments,then the parents & kids are getting screwed fiscally. 

[quote name="kf89" post="1339304" timestamp="1353656547"]
to some of us involved in youth baseball its not about making a big profit off the kids.usssa was around long before nations  & niether organization owns the teams.i have the choice to play both & thats how it should be,leave all that bull**t out of it.everyone in this area should want every usssa/nations tournament to get alot of teams,it benefits the whole area in so many positive ways.come on man!if you have to charge over $300 or 400 for tournaments,then the parents & kids are getting screwed fiscally.
[/quote]

Your team played Nations last year?  Free tournaments are good for teams. My question was simply how will they make it?  Surely they have field fees, and other fees to pay per tournament. I am in noway knocking usssa for putting on free tournaments, just curious as to how much money they will lose doing so. 

I DONT think usssa cares how keith stone feels about them making money .just like nations doesnt care what people think about how they run their business.if i coulda got one of those infamous play nations only team discounts maybe i woulda played nations last year ;D.

[quote name="kf89" post="1342037" timestamp="1353820553"]
I DONT think usssa cares how keith stone feels about them making money .just like nations doesnt care what people think about how they run their business.if i coulda got one of those infamous play nations only team discounts maybe i woulda played nations last year ;D.
[/quote]

You prob did, but were to busy brown nosing the usssa director to realize it.

I can assure you mr hiltz doesnt brown nose anyone....why does this always gotta turn ugly...worry about yourself or your son and who cares about anything else...its about kids baseball why does this always gotta get personal...grow up and let the kids have fun...this is directed to everyone who reads this.....

Well I for one am glad to see USSSA back in SETX.  It just gives our kids more opportunities to play competitively without having to travel to Houston or LA.  My kids played both USSSA and Nations last year, and we'll do the same this year.  Looking forward to another great year.  Now if we could only do something about those outfields, Ford Park would be one of the top complexes in Texas!

[quote name="kf89" post="1343192" timestamp="1353988295"]
the constant obvious brown nosing is from keith stone with nations guys nutz so far down your throat your nose is about 2 inches deep in the brown.keep on smacking your lips trying to start s**t behind  your weak azz computer name thinking you are the smartest/coolest guy on setx youth baseball forum.ive had teams since 2000 when it was only usssa & played both when nations came along.ive had my issues with both,but that want stop me from playing both even when dealing with douch bags like keith stone.Mike Hiltz-usssa & nations baseball loving coach.
[/quote]

The prime example of people who i would [b]NOT[/b] want leading young men. 

Rules that apparently no one follows.........

3) THIS BOARD IS RATED "G"! Watch the language! Remember that [b]there are members of all ages reading these forums.[/b] If there is any doubt in your mind whether a word may be objectionable ... find another word. Obscenity and profanity are good ways to get you banned.

4) Keep it civil! You can make your point much more attractive to others by remaining calm and intelligent. You will be banned for flaming or attacking another member!! We will not tolerate abuse upon another member.

9) Keep to the subject. Post to the section that is most appropriate for the topic being presented.

15) Please do not post unsubstantiated rumors, suspicions or slanderous comments about anyone - this includes non-members of the forums.

• 4 weeks later...
realistically the options laid before everyone is play on the other or both if you arent offered the discount because you play both Nations and Usssa its ok  because if you pay the full price for nations tournaments and play the 1 free Usssa tournament during that month your total price per tournament is going to be about the same where as id you play nations here and drive to Houston to play Usssa your cost per tournament goes up based on gas hotel etc.  I am a first year coach and am new to this situation but i know i speak for my parents we were all a bit caught off guard by the whole situation.  No matter i don't work for either origination i work for the kids on my team and as our object will playing select ball was playing  more tournaments with better competition to push our children and until we all hit the lottery we are all on a budget so the availability to play more tournaments locally is a good thing for everyone even the organizations.  There is more than one car dealership in town and they all seem to be doing just fine financially just like every other business with competition in this town So keep in mind this is for our kids not a competition as to who has the biggest organization.  Lets forget the petty stuff and move forward there is so much more in life to spend our time worrying about than who is playing in what tournament cause to be honest its no one else's business     

Well said Riot Baseball, i agree with you. Im not asking for teams to just play USSSA, and i am not asking teams not to play Nations. I want everyone to play both USSSA and Nations. Everyone is getting the opportunity to play twice the amount of baseball for half the price you have been paying. Select baseball can be very expensive, especially if you are having to pay for tournaments, gas, hotels and food when you are traveling.  We already have one of the nicest facilities in Southeast Texas. Why travel when you don't have to. With the tournaments being free, i think it will bring a lot more teams to Beaumont. Don't some of you get tired of playing the same teams every week. Most of the time you know the outcome of the game before it starts, because you played the same teams so many times. This will bring more teams to Beaumont and i think in the long run it will benefit both organizations. USSSA and Nations are both great organizations, and i think that this is going to be an exciting year for all of us.Don't forget, this is all about our kids having fun and getting to compete at a higher level of baseball. Lets have a great season and Good Luck to all the teams that compete.

• 3 weeks later...
I dont think USSSA is after taking over SETX, they are just giving more chances to play here at home. If you guys would look at the teams that are coming to both event, they are totally different teams. I know I would like for my son to be able to play other talents that are willing to make the drive to Beaumont. Also, I bet there is alot of parents that would like that also. Not just play the same teams all the time. Both guys running there respective organizations are doing a great job by making every weekend possible for our kids to play ball without traveling and paying hotel rooms. Again, this IMO

All Gladiator teams are allowed to play in USSSA tournaments in Beaumomt. We will never turn down any team or organizatiom. I understand there were some issues last year that I had no control over. I can assure you that all of that has been resolved. If anyone has any question or concerns please email me at [email protected] or call me at 409-937-6000.

Brian Tillery

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin