Where' s Port Arthur Memorial fans ?

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="1336643" timestamp="1353287917"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106477.msg1336626#msg1336626 date=1353286892]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=106477.msg1336623#msg1336623 date=1353286460]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106477.msg1336613#msg1336613 date=1353285293]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=106477.msg1336611#msg1336611 date=1353285148]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106477.msg1336596#msg1336596 date=1353284342]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=106477.msg1336592#msg1336592 date=1353284042]
[color=navy][b]Perhaps you're being a bit short sited on their ability to succeed on the 5A level for whatever reason? You can have disdain for what a few posters may have said but to lump them into a cocky fan base entirely is unwarranted IMO. When you excel and exceed expectations on a routine basis winning becomes 2nd nature and great teams fan bases don't lower their expectations and rightly so. If you can't beat'em...try to emulate the things they've done to take your program to the next level? I will say this with no hesitation...LT is on another level and you can say whatever you'd like about them but there are only a hand full of teams in the State that have an authentic shot to bring home a title on any given year and they are in fact part of that elite few![/b][/color]
[/quote] welp, agree to disagree, i know what i saw this spring/summer, maybe they're a lil bit humbled now.  8)
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Na, their team as a whole isn't humbled with a loss and I'd bet they'll chalk it up as a "L", learn from it and be in the thick of it again as a state title contender next year. I wouldn't bet against them and I'll put them up against anyone next year to thrive against and I don't even know what they have coming back? I wouldn't do that with many teams with good conscious, would you?[/b][/color]
[/quote]I would with SLC, Katy and Steele cause they have had alot of recent success lately speaking in terms of 5A.  8)
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]There's no debating with ya fella...you simply don't like them and your minds made up...good luck with that mind set. My question was to make a point not to question other teams capabilities. If you noticed I said "many teams" so the presumption of other teams falling into that category is already a given thus YES they too have elite status. You simply think because they are up from 4A they have something to prove on the 5A level to be considered legit? Really....4A to 5A isn't a big deal whatsoever with 2 divisions and after they win on the 5A level what's next for them to conquer...6A? How many titles or appearances does PAM have in the finals and how long have they been in 5A? Hmmmmm?[/b][/color]
[/quote]Who said i didnt like them? [b]I dont like Katy[/b] but i dont go around boasting about it LOL. Are you mad cause i dont share the same opinion as you and others? If so then sorry not sorry, its a message board, you're gonna see alot of opinions you dont like.  ;)

BTW, didnt know this was a [b]debate[/b], that totally went above my head and others.  ;D
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]If it wasn't a debate then why the need to agree to disagree? Also, thanks for informing me of how a BB works because after all this is my first rodeo. ;) Why would I be mad on what your opinion is? :o I have no dog in the fight but I give credit where it's due and I don't minimize teams legitimacy as a program based on what classification they are/were in to give them their due. I'm quite sure you guys can schedule them for a preseason game and see how legit they are or aren't? I've been to the show 10 times with 5 titles so I'm a pretty happy & content fan from LM. ;D[/b][/color]
[/quote] *claps hands* ;D Thats good for you, you should be proud.  8)

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="1336647" timestamp="1353288141"]
[color=navy][b]My smites went up -20 points on this thread alone...did I hit a nerve....awwwwwwwwwwwww![/b][/color]
[/quote]i guess others didnt like your comments, they were just opinions to me.  8)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1336651" timestamp="1353288288"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=106477.msg1336647#msg1336647 date=1353288141]
[color=navy][b]My smites went up -20 points on this thread alone...did I hit a nerve....awwwwwwwwwwwww![/b][/color]
[/quote]i guess others didnt like your comments, they were just opinions to me.  8)
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]It's to be expected when you don't agree with a hand full of homers here but I consider them compliments and hold my - smites as a trophy of sorts so it's okdokey pokey![/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="1336656" timestamp="1353288520"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106477.msg1336651#msg1336651 date=1353288288]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=106477.msg1336647#msg1336647 date=1353288141]
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]It's to be expected when you don't agree with a hand full of homers here but I consider them compliments and hold my - smites as a trophy of sorts so it's okdokey pokey![/b][/color]
[/quote] same here  ;)

Now this thread was made to say what??? All this hatred I see towards Memorial and still no reason to hate on them they represent SETX every year in a very fashionable and respectable way. Get off the Titans's "hang-lows" and root for them and ALL of the area teams.

Proud Alum. Here

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1336828" timestamp="1353297620"]
[quote author=songone link=topic=106477.msg1336788#msg1336788 date=1353293778]
Mr. Buddy Garrity, why do have "beat Manvel" under your PAM Titans Helmet?
[/quote]a reminder for next year  8)
[/quote]Ok... MBG I don't know if you were at the game, but PAM is a very good team and a few turnovers changed the outcome in the 2nd quarter.  PAM is a very good team and had the best secondary Manvel has seen in 5 years of football.  I hope the kids represent well on the next level and those returning work hard, stay healthy and focused.  Be proud of those kids and that team.

to the loser that started this thread, obviously,you wasn't at the game to see the hard hits PAM's defense was giving Manvel. PAM had not one,not two,but three KEY defensive starters to go out before the game was played.on the first play of the game,and at halftime. not saying PAM would have won if these players were playing,but the chances of them winning would have been greater. you calling mgb jealous,everyone on this thread talking negative about PAM was butt hurt over them being the BEST team in this area. before anyone open those sewer traps,put PAM in 4a and NO TEAM would be spared on this board. playing local teams is something that has to be done due to budgets,other teams being available etc....hmmm...pam's predistrict and district was softer last year and they made it to the semi's so all this talk about the schedule didn't help them is crap! we gave our congrats to MANVEL AND WISHED THEM LUCK..see game thread. i guess we supposed to stick around and complain and cry?? smh...

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1336194" timestamp="1353260493"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106477.msg1336187#msg1336187 date=1353260291]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=106477.msg1336184#msg1336184 date=1353260205]
BTW, pre-district doesnt prepare you for the playoffs 

It appears 21-5a doesn't either. ;D
[/quote]agree to disagree  8)
[/quote]

Ya'll were like Vidor this year. Both are quality teams, but you drew the short straw and ran into very good teams first round. Happens, and now you know why BH has been one and done the last several years. BH had to face teams first round that were HOT at that time. Central Beat us and went deep, PNG beat us, and gave Manvel a good game, and Ozen beat us. I think all 3 went atleast to the 3rd round. PAM will bounce back next year.
[/quote] Great post!

[quote name="songone" post="1336886" timestamp="1353323836"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106477.msg1336828#msg1336828 date=1353297620]
[quote author=songone link=topic=106477.msg1336788#msg1336788 date=1353293778]
Mr. Buddy Garrity, why do have "beat Manvel" under your PAM Titans Helmet?
[/quote]a reminder for next year  8)
[/quote]Ok... MBG I don't know if you were at the game, but PAM is a very good team and a few turnovers changed the outcome in the 2nd quarter.  PAM is a very good team and had the best secondary Manvel has seen in 5 years of football.  I hope the kids represent well on the next level and those returning work hard, stay healthy and focused.  Be proud of those kids and that team.
[/quote] 8) +1

I as a Memorial fan with zero bias will say that the non district schedule can and will get beefed up in the future. Although, the non district schedule had nothing to do with finishing 8-2 overall and 4-2 in district with loses coming to Laporte and NorthShore. Each game came down to the last drive so there is nothing to be ashame of. Vidor and Port Arthur years were mirror images of each other. I know that Vidor could at least win two playoff games if it's avoids Summer Creek in the first round. Memorial would of done the saome thing had it avoid Manvel in the first round. So there is no harm in losing to good well coached football teams.

Pt Arthur and Vidor are good teams they have been in the last two years but lets look before then , and  i love this site its really a good site but some times you guys get upset over little things and UNDERSTAND its enough room for every one to do good, and i'm for most of your teams, some history i do rememeber when BEAUMONT had 16 players in the pros at the same time and if you need to know we only lost 7 games in 10 years and won state in football and won state 3 years in a row in another sport when i played so winning is fun and some of you guys thing youre the only ones that know how but lets give credit where credit is due TITANS can't compare to LA MARQUE nor could lincoln or tj in fotball

[quote name="understand" post="1338691" timestamp="1353529638"]
Pt Arthur and Vidor are good teams they have been in the last two years but lets look before then , and  i love this site its really a good site but some times you guys get upset over little things and UNDERSTAND its enough room for every one to do good, and i'm for most of your teams, some history i do rememeber when BEAUMONT had 16 players in the pros at the same time and if you need to know we only lost 7 games in 10 years and won state in football and won state 3 years in a row in another sport when i played so winning is fun and some of you guys thing youre the only ones that know how but lets give credit where credit is due TITANS can't compare to LA MARQUE nor could lincoln or tj in fotball
[/quote]

I wasn't gonna waste my time but since my Titans are done for the year I guess I have to waste my time somehow. <clears throat> PAM, Vidor and La Marque are on three different levels of play, so you are correct. THEY DO NOT COMPARE! You say the past two years,(PAM & Vidor) well you've obviously forgotten 2010. (3 rds) This whole thread of yours was made to say what? What is/was your point? PAM and Vidor both lost to TWO very good football teams this season. In fact, the very same La Marque team you "dare to compare" against PAM and Vidor to lost to Manvel JUST LAST SEASON! how before you get on the "oh you're just upset" kick, NO, IM NOT! Its football! HIGH SCHOOL at that. ANYTHING is possible on any given Friday/Saturday! So in a nutshell I've wasted approximately 5-10 minutes of my time, and for what what? I could've spent that time teaching you something about those two programs, but I really feel as is you wouldn't "UNDERSTAND" and it would simply be a "THE MORE I TEACH YOU, THE DUMBER I GET" sort of thing! In closing, GO YE MIGHTY TITANS and KICK BUTT PIRATES!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86