Down Year

Guest Reservations46
[quote name="indianforever" post="1335220" timestamp="1353189855"]
i think it has been a big down year for most of setx....other than a few teams in the area most teams were a lot less talented than previous years
[/quote]

Agree

i think it has been a big down year for most of setx....other than a few teams in the area most teams were a lot less talented than previous years
[/quote]

Ummm.. The only 20-4A team still playing is not having a down year. In fact, I think this is the best overall Nederland team in the Neumann era.

[quote name="jake94" post="1335333" timestamp="1353192953"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=106438.msg1335220#msg1335220 date=1353189855]
[/quote]

Ummm.. The only 20-4A team still playing is not having a down year. In fact, I think this is the best overall Nederland team in the Neumann era.
[/quote]
Have to agree.  Nederland has good chance to advance far and WOS is legit champ contender.

CAN someone , Please, show PNG fans the "EXIT"  from the Football Forum.......heck, I'll try....

[b][size=18pt]PNG Football Posters:  PLEASE EXIT FOOOTBALL AND  MOOOOOOVE  TO THE BASKETBALL FORUMS............    ::)[/size][/b]

[move][size=14pt]Of course, I am joking....just in case you don't get my sense of humor .........

(and no Indians were hurt in making of this request........so please hold your messages,
my inbox thanks you ;)[/size][/move]

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1335471" timestamp="1353197417"]
CAN someone , Please, show PNG fans the "EXIT"  from the Football Forum.......heck, I'll try....

[b][size=18pt]PNG Football Posters:  PLEASE EXIT FOOOTBALL AND  MOOOOOOVE  TO THE BASKETBALL FORUMS............    ::)[/size][/b]

[move][size=14pt]Of course, I am joking....just in case you don't get my sense of humor .........

(and no Indians were hurt in making of this request........so please hold your messages,
my inbox thanks you ;)[/size][/move]
[/quote]
LOL

Guest Reservations46
[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1335490" timestamp="1353198524"]
[quote author=Reservations46 link=topic=106438.msg1335482#msg1335482 date=1353197950]
You're something else '87, almost as good as Smoking Baby...almost  ;D
[/quote]

nah,,,not even close, sb is funny  :D  .....board wouldn't be as 1/2 as much fun w/o sb here........ ;)
[/quote]

No doubt!

Guest Reservations46
[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1335497" timestamp="1353198824"]
I have even wondered can they (and we all "know" who "they" are)

get a smiley face with a bib and pacificer, maybe even a little bonnet.......we could just use that when referring to sb........wish someone would find one....... :-\
[/quote]

Ha! Good stuff...

BTW......Png

[move][font=andale mono][b][size=14pt]The world of football does not revolve around the reservation......I know your kindergarten teacher told you that  but welcome to reality....still a lot of talent in SE Texas[/size][/b]...........[/font][/move]

[size=14pt]Come follow you some Dogs......unless you have already "exited" the football forum and moved to the basketball forum.....in that case, I guess, you're not reading this and good luck in basketball would even do me any good......oh well.....[/size]

[/quote]

I don't think so, Nederland looks really good! Vidor looked good just ran into SC, WOS Defense is down? Ec is doing well, Big D is doing well, Silsbee looked good.
Where did this come from?

[quote name="captainclaude" post="1335684" timestamp="1353208528"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=106438.msg1335220#msg1335220 date=1353189855]
[/quote]

I don't think so, Nederland looks really good! Vidor looked good just ran into SC, WOS Defense is down? Ec is doing well, Big D is doing well, Silsbee looked good.
Where did this come from?
[/quote]

From a couple of traditional powers rebuilding this year.

This had nothing to do with 19-4A. We said this pre-district. Question for you BH. Was last years Eagle team better than this years Eagle team? Don't base it on the playoff win. Answer is no. Last years BH team was very good, but lost to our fourth place finisher. This year they blasted our 3rd place team. 19-4A is better at the top this year with SC, but SC may be the only one left standing after this week.

[/quote]
I do not agree at all. Maybe PNG being down thats your perspective but there are many teams having great years and will be playing late in the playoffs. Just cause they are not the big schools except for Nederland, does not mean a down year.

Let's make one thing very clear, our SETX coverage area isn't just 20-4A.  ::)

I disagree about our area being down. We still have several teams in the playoffs and quite a few of them will make deep runs in the playoffs, I predict.

Now, if you want to re-word the thread as 20-4A was down this year, then I can agree with that statement.

[quote name="badndn" post="1336027" timestamp="1353251200"]
This had nothing to do with 19-4A. We said this pre-district. Question for you BH. Was last years Eagle team better than this years Eagle team? Don't base it on the playoff win. Answer is no. Last years BH team was very good, but lost to our fourth place finisher. This year they blasted our 3rd place team. 19-4A is better at the top this year with SC, but SC may be the only one left standing after this week.
[/quote]
No maybe not.
But the Defense may end up being better but who knows. I'll get blasted for this but Ozen was not a typical 4th place team. They took your district champion to the wire in a game that went 44-40 or close to that. They beat the 19 4a champion (BH) 40-37 with the game ending on a tough but catchable TD pass that would have made it 44-40. The play was not made. They beat the undefeated Cubs loaded with D1 talent in the second round.

If Trey Green is healthy the whole year, they're not the 4th place team.
But all of this yap is just yap, like trying to make excuses for 19-4A winning the district battle this year.
None of it really matters.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder