Dayton Sonic Special One-n-Done Blizard 52 cents

bh89-2

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Matt" post="1338772" timestamp="1353541463"]
That is what I heard last year, Dayton going to be loaded with talent, if that was the case it seems coaching is the issue, if I'm in charge of the hiring and firing at Dayton I tell Stewart to make up his mind, either coach or retire we don't need a part time AD making more than most teachers. If you want to walk the sidelines during a game, put a headset on and get to it, if not time it's time to move on.
With the money being wasted on a HC and part time AD you might find a decent coach, and I can say that because I'm a taxpayer in DISD
[/quote]
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) MOST WONT SAY IT BUT MOST AGREE  ;) ;) ;D ;D

This is pathetic. Most of you guys post anything you want to say all hiding behind your user name. Don't come on here and tell us you don't like Stewart, his AD activities, or any of his coaches - Coach doesn't hide or shrink from anybody. He's easy to find. Find him and tell him - if you dare. Otherwise shut the hell up.

[quote name="Mike George" post="1338853" timestamp="1353555432"]
This is pathetic. Most of you guys post anything you want to say all hiding behind your user name. Don't come on here and tell us you don't like Stewart, his AD activities, or any of his coaches - Coach doesn't hide or shrink from anybody. He's easy to find. Find him and tell him - if you dare. Otherwise shut the heck up.
[/quote]who said they didnt like stewart? Stewart was a good coach but I feel he made a bad descision on appointing a long time friend as head coach. Daytons play on the field was horrible particulary late in the season. The offense was terrible which was obvious considering dayton only managed 3 offensive tds in the last 3 games. One of those tds was a fluke against bh and another came when sc had subs in. I think stewart wasnt happy with the coaching or he wouldnt have been on the sidelines chewing his coaching staff out on a regular basis. I would love for him to take over and if not get someone who can and watch the game like everybody else.

That is what I heard last year, Dayton going to be loaded with talent, if that was the case it seems coaching is the issue, if I'm in charge of the hiring and firing at Dayton I tell Stewart to make up his mind, either coach or retire we don't need a part time AD making more than most teachers. If you want to walk the sidelines during a game, put a headset on and get to it, if not time it's time to move on.
With the money being wasted on a HC and part time AD you might find a decent coach, and I can say that because I'm a taxpayer in DISD
[/quote]

Jerry Stewart put this town on the map.  He accomplished more on those sidelines, that you say he shouldn't be on, than any other coach that came before him.    He's won more playoff games than the rest of the coaches in dayton's history combined.  His record speaks for itself.  Numerous kids have been given opportunities to attend college that wouldn't have been otherwise possible without coach stewart.  The financial windfall for the athletic department is a direct result of coach stewart.  He restored a sense of pride to a town that was sorely lacking, yet you flap your gums on a message board about how he shouldn't be on the sidelines of the house that he built.  Please.

You're right about one thing.  Coaching is the issue, but don't direct that at Jerry Stewart. You may or may not have noticed, but he's not coaching anymore.  I'd love to see Coach Stewart put a head set back on.  However it's laughable at best for someone like you that has probably contributed a fraction of what coach stewart has contributed to this community to start making demands. 

I'm sure you were in the stands for the wins, so maybe you should just say thanks and move on.

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1338826" timestamp="1353550045"]
[quote author=Matt link=topic=106437.msg1338772#msg1338772 date=1353541463]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Brandon, you're better than that

Everybody seems to have an opinion, on what Stewart should and shouldn't be doing. If he walks the sidelines so what. He is the AD. He goes the the basketball games, baseball games, softball games, etc.... He is involved that's what his job as AD is. True Dayton's football season went south. I don't know why.. Does it really matter now? It is what it is... I told someone the other day. Stewart has that special something when it comes to the kids. They (the kids) have the up most respect for Stewart. Something that the other coaches don't seem to have completely from the kids((IMO)). [b]Not the coaches fault[/b]. It's hard to fill Stewart's shoes... IMO the wheels were falling off due to lack of team leadership as a group.. The WHOLE team, not just one or two. *steps off soapbox*

On my website...
"The Broncos made a choice in December of 2010 of who would back up senior QB Andres Herrera in 2011. That choice would haunt the Broncos during the 2012 season. Inconsistent QB play terminates the Bronco season in a three game offensive slide into oblivion. The Broncos return five sophomore "real deal" athletes for the 2013 season, and will be a force to be reckoned with."

Dayton made a choice of QB two years ago, and it didn't pan out.  QB play was why the offense became non existent in the last three games.  The future is bright with the Broncos.  Those sophomores are the real deal, and they just suffered their first two losses ever since putting on pads for Dayton ISD.  The Broncos will be back in the playoffs in 2013, and I don't think we will be spectators on Thanksgiving weekend.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1338926" timestamp="1353589642"]
On my website...
"The Broncos made a choice in December of 2010 of who would back up senior QB Andres Herrera in 2011. That choice would haunt the Broncos during the 2012 season. Inconsistent QB play terminates the Bronco season in a three game offensive slide into oblivion. The Broncos return five sophomore "real deal" athletes for the 2013 season, and will be a force to be reckoned with."

Dayton made a choice of QB two years ago, and it didn't pan out.  QB play was why the offense became non existent in the last three games.  The future is bright with the Broncos.  Those sophomores are the real deal, and they just suffered their first two losses ever since putting on pads for Dayton ISD.  The Broncos will be back in the playoffs in 2013, and I don't think we will be spectators on Thanksgiving weekend.
[/quote]

I hate to bust any over-inflated ballons, but Dayton really is not loaded with talent and they absolutely do NOT have a team full of special athletes.  There are going to be more "Sonic Blizzards" to eat next year, so get your spoons.  BH will be district champs next year so order the shirts now........ ;) ;)

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1339277" timestamp="1353644910"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=106437.msg1338926#msg1338926 date=1353589642]
On my website...

[/quote]

I hate to bust any over-inflated ballons, but Dayton really is not loaded with talent and they absolutely do NOT have a team full of special athletes.  There are going to be more "Sonic Blizzards" to eat next year, so get your spoons.  BH will be district champs next year so order the shirts now........ ;) ;)
[/quote] You say that every year Smoken baby - maybe your just playing odds and you might get lucky one year  ;)  Good luck tomorrow ! :)

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1338780" timestamp="1353542703"]
Plenty of truth by matt. Most people feel that way but wont say it.
[/quote]

Plenty of respect from the peanut gallery, I see.  All you Monday morning quarterbacks need to kill the blasphemy.

7-42 in the 5 seasons before Stewart arrived...17 straight playoff appearances, multiple district/area/regional titles and a state championship appearance.  I was there when the era started and remembered being embarassed to wear my letterman jacket until my junior year when Stewart took us to the dist 19-4a championship in the fall of 96.

I dont care if Big Stew wants to build a giant chair and sit behind the goalpost like the Lincoln Monument...he's earned it and is still acting AD...

Ps, as far as pay...I wouldnt throw stones there...I, more than anyone, think teachers are under-paid...but Stew has earned his tenure with the sheer amounts of revenue the program has brought in over the years.

No one thought this way until two weeks ago...we were 9-0 going into the showdown for the dist championship, no one was on here calling for Stew to vacate the sidelines then

You guys are the most fairweather fans I've ever seen...you would have never made it when Sherman/Fain/Van Zandt were here...

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1339277" timestamp="1353644910"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=106437.msg1338926#msg1338926 date=1353589642]
On my website...

[/quote]

[/quote]just be gald that texas likes high school football so much they let 4th place teams make the playoffs. When I played bh would be sitting home.

[quote name="Mike Latorice" post="1338873" timestamp="1353558062"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=106437.msg1338826#msg1338826 date=1353550045]
[quote author=Matt link=topic=106437.msg1338772#msg1338772 date=1353541463]
If you want to walk the sidelines during a game, put a headset on and get to it
[/quote]
[/quote]

Brandon, you're better than that
[/quote]
I JUST REALLY JUST SAW THE SIDELINES COMMENT. MY BAD. BELIEVE ME I DONT WANT BIG STU GOIN ANYWHERE. I'M JUST SAYIN THAT IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE IS SECOND GUESSING THE HC ABILITY WHEN THERE IS SOMEONE ELSE CALLING OUT THE O AND D FROM THE SIDELINES. I COULD CARE LESS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE TO ANYONE ON THIS FORUM BUT BELIEVE ME THE "KIDS" SEE IT AND THEY START SECOND GUESSING THE HC ALSO. BIG STU DESERVES THE RIGHT TO DO WHAT HE WANTS WITH THE PROGRAM HE BUILT BUT I IF THE HC IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONE "IN CONTROL" SHOULDNT HIS VOICE BE THE ONE HOLLERING THE PLAYS ON THE SIDELINE? I LOVE DA BRONX AND WILL ALWAYS BACK THEM BUT IF YOU DO NOT AGREE THERE WAS SOME "PLAY CALLING" ISSUES THEN WE MUST NOT OF BEEN WATCHING THE SAME TEAM.  ???

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1339361" timestamp="1353683237"]
[quote author=ragarm55 link=topic=106437.msg1339356#msg1339356 date=1353682488]
And so would Dayton, BH and Crosby...
[/quote]i didny play that long ago. You must be old. I dont remember just one team making the playoffs.
[/quote]
In the 80's, and back, only the District Winner moved on...Then...Little League Rules, and $$$, started to come into being.

[quote name="ragarm55" post="1339383" timestamp="1353687500"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=106437.msg1339361#msg1339361 date=1353683237]
[quote author=ragarm55 link=topic=106437.msg1339356#msg1339356 date=1353682488]
And so would Dayton, BH and Crosby...
[/quote]i didny play that long ago. You must be old. I dont remember just one team making the playoffs.
[/quote]
In the 80's, and back, only the District Winner moved on...Then...Little League Rules, and $$$, started to come into being.
[/quote]yeah everyones a winner now. I think they added the 4th spot in 4a around 2007 or 08.

I think that this is for AD and HC to work out butwe deside because we see something happen during the game on sidelines we know everything. They will work their  problems out.  Now i will be a dayton fan WIN OR LOSE AGREE WITH DESISIONS OR NOT its all about the kids .learning teamwork overcoming and accomplishingtask. Now go ahead and bash all you want .Dayton has been a really spoiled town as for as football and our highschool team has not lost any respect from anyone of our oppoinents. they will always bring their a game when they play us.noone can say otherwise even the mighty SC know that.But some of the fans from every team are getting out of hand.

[/quote]

I think you are few facts short there Matt. Why don't you go up to the school and have a talk with Coach Stewart about it. I'm sure he will hear you out, I don't think he is afraid of any criticism.

I'm pretty sure he'll never read your comments here so if you want to be heard you'll need go see him with your concerns. As far as the Taxpayer comment goes you can go up the admin building and find out just how much of your tax money is being paid to CS.

By the way, thanks to Coach Stewart and his support for the booster club Dayton went at least 10 years + without any change in the Athletic budget.