SUMMER CREEK vs VIDOR --> GAME ANALYSIS

DemDAWGS!

FIRST, I must say Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the Vidor players and fans.  You have just witnessed the GREATEST SHOW ON TURF!  WE are the can't stop, won't stop ...yes, the UNSTOPPABLE SC Bulldogs.

I did my share of trash talking on a pre-game thread, but I must give it up to the Vidor Pirates for their play.  They are every bit as tough and scrappy as their fans said.

1) TURNOVERS killed Vidor. SC made you pay for each one.  Take away the turnovers and the SC receiver drops and this game would have been close.  Probably 58-45 SC wins.

2) I told you Vidor fans before the game that you have a ONE DIMENSIONAL offense.  If this team could effectively pass, you'd be really, really dangerous.  A passing game would force teams to respect the pass and leave the DB's back instead of playing so close to the line of scrimmage.

3) On what planet does the Vidor coach think he could play SC's receivers in man coverage?  I mean really?  We had the discussion before the game.  There was even a news article on it ("Vidor Defensive Backs must have a Big Game").  Vidor got TORCHED all game long.  There was NO STOPPING the SC passing game other than our own dropped balls.  Vidor is a well coached team, but your coach really hurt your chances by dangling your slow undersized corners out there on an island.

4) I have two sons that played in the game and they said the Vidor players used the [b]N WORD[/b] all night long.  The refs even laughed about it.  >:(  THIS IS CLEARLY WRONG AND UNACCEPTABLE!  So is Vidor really what Vidor is about?  Is Vidor teaching their kids to use racial insults?  THIS MUST STOP.  I DO NOT RESPECT THE VIDOR FOOTBALL PROGRAM BECAUSE OF THIS HORRIBLE DISPLAY.

5) Last but not least, [b]Y'ALL GOT YOUR A** WHOOPED![/b]  You can thank SC for putting the highest scoring total on Vidor this season.  This is the best team you've seen and it showed.

WE ARE THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF! 

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1334383" timestamp="1353133781"]
That horrible incident you are referring to DID NOT HAPPEN IN VIDOR, it was in Jasper....get your facts straight before you go spewing lies about a coummunity!
[/quote]

I was about to say the same thing. Apparently the dawgs daddy and this goon can't take the good game and the fill of crow we are eating tonight.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1334363" timestamp="1353133408"]
FIRST, I must say Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the Vidor players and fans.  You have just witnessed the GREATEST SHOW ON TURF!  WE are the can't stop, won't stop ...yes, the UNSTOPPABLE SC Bulldogs.

I did my share of trash talking on a pre-game thread, but I must give it up to the Vidor Pirates for their play.  They are every bit as tough and scrappy as their fans said.

1) TURNOVERS killed Vidor. SC made you pay for each one.  Take away the turnovers and the SC receiver drops and this game would have been close.  Probably 58-45 SC wins.

2) I told you Vidor fans before the game that you have a ONE DIMENSIONAL offense.  If this team could effectively pass, you'd be really, really dangerous.  A passing game would force teams to respect the pass and leave the DB's back instead of playing so close to the line of scrimmage.

3) On what planet does the Vidor coach think he could play SC's receivers in man coverage?  I mean really?  We had the discussion before the game.  There was even a news article on it ("Vidor Defensive Backs must have a Big Game").  Vidor got TORCHED all game long.  There was NO STOPPING the SC passing game other than our own dropped balls.  Vidor is a well coached team, but your coach really hurt your chances by dangling your slow undersized corners out there on an island.

4) I have two sons that played in the game and they said the Vidor players used the [b]N WORD[/b] all night long.  The refs even laughed about it.  >:(  THIS IS CLEARLY WRONG AND UNACCEPTABLE!  Vidor already has a very bad reputation behind the dragging of an African-American man behind a pick-up truck to his DEATH.  So is Vidor really as horrible as your reputation suggests?  Is Vidor teaching their kids to use racial insults?  THIS MUST STOP.  I DO NOT RESPECT THE VIDOR FOOTBALL PROGRAM BECAUSE OF THIS HORRIBLE DISPLAY.

5) Last but not least, [b]Y'ALL GOT YOUR A** WHOOPED![/b]  You can thank SC for putting the highest scoring total on Vidor this season.  This is the best team you've seen and it showed.

[/quote]

Dude you are going to make it hard to root for your team with that talk. Please display some class. You could have left the last half of your post off and been fine.

You guys are good and moving on, enjoy the ride!

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1334363" timestamp="1353133408"]

4) I have two sons that played in the game and they said the Vidor players used the [b]N WORD[/b] all night long.  The refs even laughed about it.  >:(  THIS IS CLEARLY WRONG AND UNACCEPTABLE!  Vidor already has a very bad reputation behind the dragging of an African-American man behind a pick-up truck to his DEATH.  So is Vidor really as horrible as your reputation suggests?  Is Vidor teaching their kids to use racial insults?  THIS MUST STOP.  I DO NOT RESPECT THE VIDOR FOOTBALL PROGRAM BECAUSE OF THIS HORRIBLE DISPLAY.

[/quote]
I agree with most of your points here dawgs except for #4, for some reason Vidor does have this bad rep for the dragging, as you are not the only person to think this, while being completely ignorant to the facts. It did not happen in Vidor Texas, it happened in Jasper Texas, a 50/50 black/white town. There is a movie about it, the title is Jasper, Texas look it up.

"On what planet does the Vidor coach think he could play SC's receivers in man coverage?  I mean really?  We had the discussion before the game.  There was even a news article on it ("Vidor Defensive Backs must have a Big Game").  Vidor got TORCHED all game long.  There was NO STOPPING the SC passing game other than our own dropped balls.  Vidor is a well coached team, but your coach really hurt your chances by dangling your slow undersized corners out there on an island.?"

That is the statement of the night! SC's receivers had no problem getting open all night long, and score at will. Vidor's pass coverage was pretty much non-existant.

And why would a QB who is great at the run game, even attempt to pass? Many said earlier in the week, that if Vidor got behind, it would be tough to catch up, because the run takes up so much clock. That is what we saw tonight.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1334397" timestamp="1353134096"]
"A Good Game" does not include using racial insults.  That's a BAD GAME and your response suggests you think this is acceptable on the field.  It is not.
[/quote]

[b]IF[b][/b][/b] that was said then of course it is wrong and I can assure you the parents of the players wouldn't tolerate it. Sad thing is some people start throwing out accusations based off what somebody else says and others run with it

"A Good Game" does not include using racial insults.  That's a BAD GAME and your response suggests you think this is acceptable on the field.  It is not.
[/quote]

What I said and meant was what I posted, nothing more. Rise above and let your team's play do the talking, which they have proved : They are speaking volumes! I hope the other is not true, I have never heard anything like that from the Vidor crew before. Good luck to your Dawgs!

[/quote]
your right, it's not acceptable. but you only here what your told. my son also plays and i won't post what he says goes on on the field because this is not the place for it. so drop it. streets are two ways and you are just trying to stip up bs for whatever reason.
be happy for the win and move on.

What it boils down to is the fact we all call BS.  It's very easy to throw someone under the bus because of their past many many moon shines ago. All this is is each persons word against the other because of course our children tell the truth and never stoop so low as to lie on someone

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1334409" timestamp="1353134457"]
RISE ABOVE BEING CALLED "N*GGERS ...REALLY?  I can see rising above regular trash talk, but that talk crosses the line and some kids should have been ejected.  At the very least, the team should have got a warning.  THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE OR SOMETHING TO BLOW OFF.
[/quote]

All the info I have on the subject is hear say. I have no idea. I would take it up with their coach and their administration. Serving that up in here does no one no good. It is just going to get threads like this shutdown. This is not the venue for a race discussion. No one in their right mind would approve of that.

I will not continue this discussion anymore in here. Good luck the rest of the way.