Who wins the Willy Ray Smith Award?

JMcShan

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="1330069" timestamp="1352900780"]
actually Newtons best would be Kevin Shorter.. He would be well over 2000 yards rushing if he didn't get pulled before halftime every game of the regular season
[/quote]

Or if he was the only weapon at running back that Newton has. Johnson, Foster, Dean, Hadnot, Elam can all be counted on to tote the rock. That cuts down on stats for any one individual, but sure does do good things for the team.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EagleFan01
you are correct I think the Newton could have multiple 2000 yards rushers if these backs could get more that 10 carries some only get 6 a game and we still put up yard after yard plus we throw the ball so that cuts down on there rushing yards

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1330233" timestamp="1352909648"]
[quote author=EagleFan01 link=topic=106154.msg1330069#msg1330069 date=1352900780]
actually Newtons best would be Kevin Shorter.. He would be well over 2000 yards rushing if he didn't get pulled before halftime every game of the regular season
[/quote]

Or if he was the only weapon at running back that Newton has. Johnson, Foster, Dean, [b]Hadnot[/b], Elam can all be counted on to tote the rock. That cuts down on stats for any one individual, but sure does do good things for the team.
[/quote]

Would he be kin to the Hadnot's from Kirbyville. As in Butch Hadnot. Man he was great when he played.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1331388" timestamp="1353005859"]
[quote author=deep post link=topic=106154.msg1331379#msg1331379 date=1353005470]
But like I said J.Jones Ozen...A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
He's good but no where near the skill of Quirante. Just look at the stats.

Disclaimer: I didn't mean this in a bad way. I'm sure he is a good kid. Jut not the best candadite for the wrs award.
[/quote]

gotta consider the team around him.... plug every good athlete into a great o-line, system, etc. I haven't seen either..... but numbers don't always tell the whole story.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin