Nederland 9-1 vs Dayton 9-1 Bi-District who you got?

who wins  

308 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

• Nederland
    • Dayton

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1330954" timestamp="1352957267"]
Little Comparison Cuz I'm Bored.

I think that Nederland will stop Dayton's running Game and win because of it.

Lets compare... Cougars lost to both teams.

Vs. Nederland they had 25 rushes for 53 yards
Vs. Dayton they had 42 rushes for 288 Yards
Vs. Nederland ypc 2.12
Vs. Dayton ypc 6.86

Lets Compare rushing offenses vs the Cougs Defense.
vs. Nederland 46/208
vs dayton 36/149
vs nederland 4.52 ypc
vs dayton 4.14 ypc.

Difference.

Nederland had a 2.4 Positive ratio
Dayton had a -2.72 Ratio.

Meaning you should expect the differential to be 5+ in the Offense to Defense YPC.

Simply put Nederland is going to run up and down and Dayton is going to have to throw the ball to win. or they will try and run it and get destroyed.

Either way i see Nederland Winning. If dayton tries to run the ball, they won't go anywhere and if they try and pass it the line won't be able to prevent the pass rush.

The Broncos only chance at a win is a couple turnovers on the nederland side of the football field, and there defense playing at an extremely high level. I think Nederland gets an early TD then it's ground and pound from there, making it extremely difficult on the Broncos. If it stays close perhaps Carrancao will win one for Dayton, I just expect Nederland to win both line sof scrimmage and dominate this game physically. on route to a 14 point win.
[/quote]I don't think you can use our Ned game for much. We maybe ran 20% of what we run now. First time those kids had heard those plays called in a game situation. Austin only got the ball 12 times and Riordan asked Aston not to run. The first designed play where the qb could run wasn't called until the first district game with BH. We had a bad game against Dayton, but other than that the defense has gotten solid and I don't think Ned could put up those 200 rushing yards on us now. Even still with that they only put up 21 points and basically got shutout the last three quarters once the D adjusted. I agree with the rest of you assessment though, I've been saying all year that Dayton can't stop the run but the Brono fans tell me "who cares, we're winning, or we give up those yards late." Hopkins isn't the game breaker Walter is but he's bigger and great at finding 5 or 6 yards. Dayton only really ran the ball on us as far as decent teams go, but nearly half of their 130 something yard total came on one run from McBride in the 2nd quarter. I still think Dayton has a chance if they can get the passing game going but I'm not sure Ned's d-line will give Chambers time enough.

[quote name="liltex" post="1330989" timestamp="1352983298"]
How many teams have Ned faced w/a Carranco type kicker(none in 20-4a)=poor field position all night,12,000 + fans bout to see 1 of the great ones-Go Broncos
[/quote]Dayton has to get into field goal range first Tex. Y'all only got there once against SC. Ned's defense isn't as good but y'all only crossed the 50 like three times on SC.

[quote name="liltex" post="1331024" timestamp="1352986674"]
Rugby style(coach has abandoned=60 yd punts vs Sc after ::) ;)
[/quote]

agreed, when Carranco just punts the "regular" he is very consistent. The one he kicked at crunch time against BH, wind aided or not was a bomb!

Carranco missed a 43 yarder this year just short into a stiff wind and a 53 yarder last year against BH. The punting was a bad game, but there's no shame in those FG's being a little short.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1331026" timestamp="1352986943"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=106064.msg1330954#msg1330954 date=1352957267]

Vs. Nederland ypc 2.12
Vs. Dayton ypc 6.86

vs. Nederland 46/208
vs dayton 36/149
vs nederland 4.52 ypc
vs dayton 4.14 ypc.

Difference.

Meaning you should expect the differential to be 5+ in the Offense to Defense YPC.

Simply put Nederland is going to run up and down and Dayton is going to have to throw the ball to win. or they will try and run it and get destroyed.

Either way i see Nederland Winning. If dayton tries to run the ball, they won't go anywhere and if they try and pass it the line won't be able to prevent the pass rush.

The Broncos only chance at a win is a couple turnovers on the nederland side of the football field, and there defense playing at an extremely high level. I think Nederland gets an early TD then it's ground and pound from there, making it extremely difficult on the Broncos. If it stays close perhaps Carrancao will win one for Dayton, I just expect Nederland to win both line sof scrimmage and dominate this game physically. on route to a 14 point win.
[/quote]I don't think you can use our Ned game for much. We maybe ran 20% of what we run now. First time those kids had heard those plays called in a game situation. Austin only got the ball 12 times and Riordan asked Aston not to run. The first designed play where the qb could run wasn't called until the first district game with BH. We had a bad game against Dayton, [b]but other than that the defense has gotten solid[/b] and I don't think Ned could put up those 200 rushing yards on us now. Even still with that the only put up 21 points and basically got shutout the last three quarters once the D adjusted. I agree with the rest of you assessment though, I've been saying all year that Dayton can't stop the run but the Brono fans tell me "who cares, we're winning, or we give up those yards late." Hopkins isn't the game breaker Walter is but he's bigger and great at finding 5 or 6 yards. Dayton only really ran the ball on us as far as decent teams go, but nearly half of their 130 something yard total came on one run from McBride in the 2nd quarter. I still think Dayton has a chance if they can get the passing game going but I'm not sure Ned's d-line will give Chambers time enough.
[/quote]

oh..... so now your defense has gotten salty......

I remember you saying before our game that your D would shut us down like they had everyone else in the 2nd half of games. But instead the "worst offense in the district" torched you multiple times. You're entitled to your opinion, but don't do the same thing that you rip others for.

And.... if dayton's run D is so bad, Bh should've been able to muster something up right? I mean that's their expertise....

[quote name="liltex" post="1330989" timestamp="1352983298"]
How many teams have Ned faced w/a Carranco type kicker(none in 20-4a)=poor field position all night,12,000 + fans bout to see 1 of the great ones-Go Broncos
[/quote]

Depends on which foot he brings.  He was BH's best special teams player....... ;D ;D

[quote name="dayton" post="1331031" timestamp="1352987252"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106064.msg1331026#msg1331026 date=1352986943]

Vs. Nederland ypc 2.12
Vs. Dayton ypc 6.86

vs. Nederland 46/208
vs dayton 36/149
vs nederland 4.52 ypc
vs dayton 4.14 ypc.

Difference.

[/quote]I don't think you can use our Ned game for much. We maybe ran 20% of what we run now. First time those kids had heard those plays called in a game situation. Austin only got the ball 12 times and Riordan asked Aston not to run. The first designed play where the qb could run wasn't called until the first district game with BH. We had a bad game against Dayton, [b]but other than that the defense has gotten solid[/b] and I don't think Ned could put up those 200 rushing yards on us now. Even still with that the only put up 21 points and basically got shutout the last three quarters once the D adjusted. I agree with the rest of you assessment though, I've been saying all year that Dayton can't stop the run but the Brono fans tell me "who cares, we're winning, or we give up those yards late." Hopkins isn't the game breaker Walter is but he's bigger and great at finding 5 or 6 yards. Dayton only really ran the ball on us as far as decent teams go, but nearly half of their 130 something yard total came on one run from McBride in the 2nd quarter. I still think Dayton has a chance if they can get the passing game going but I'm not sure Ned's d-line will give Chambers time enough.
[/quote]

I remember you saying before our game that your D would shut us down like they had everyone else in the 2nd half of games. But instead the "worst offense in the district" torched you multiple times. You're entitled to your opinion, but don't do the same thing that you rip others for.

And.... if dayton's run D is so bad, Bh should've been able to muster something up right? I mean that's their expertise....
[/quote]

Daytons Run D against BH may have something to do with BH's running game being limited. Once Denny went out all we did is run up the middle and you had no worries of a Pass or an option. However I do think the Dayton Run Defense is pretty good and they will not have to worry about a Sharp like QB in this game. If Dayton can get the head on straight they will compete in this game, if not Nederland will control the clock and pound out a win.

Guest IamWhoIam
[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1331062" timestamp="1352989421"]
Nederland had a starting offensive lineman go down in practice yesterday with a knee injury as is most likely out for the playoffs. MRI today, so hopefully it won't be as bad as first thought.
[/quote] What grade is he in? Hate it if he is a senior. Will be believing it's nothing bad.

[quote name="IamWhoIam" post="1331069" timestamp="1352989657"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=106064.msg1331062#msg1331062 date=1352989421]
Nederland had a starting offensive lineman go down in practice yesterday with a knee injury as is most likely out for the playoffs. MRI today, so hopefully it won't be as bad as first thought.
[/quote] What grade is he in? Hate it if he is a senior. Will be believing it's nothing bad.
[/quote]

He's only a sophomore, but he has started every game I believe and has had a great season. 

Guest IamWhoIam
[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1331076" timestamp="1352989910"]
[quote author=IamWhoIam link=topic=106064.msg1331069#msg1331069 date=1352989657]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=106064.msg1331062#msg1331062 date=1352989421]
[/quote]

He's only a sophomore, but he has started every game I believe and has had a great season.
[/quote] Oh thats great. He has plenty HS football to go.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1331059" timestamp="1352989271"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=106064.msg1331031#msg1331031 date=1352987252]

[/quote]

Daytons Run D against BH may have something to do with BH's running game being limited. Once Denny went out all we did is run up the middle and you had no worries of a Pass or an option. However I do think the Dayton Run Defense is pretty good and they will not have to worry about a Sharp like QB in this game. If Dayton can get the head on straight they will compete in this game, if not Nederland will control the clock and pound out a win.
[/quote]

That's really all I'm driving at.... I know that not having Denny changes things, but to insinuate that someone will just run all over us in that respect is reaching.... although, I should expect that from a Crosby fan.

[quote name="dayton" post="1331031" timestamp="1352987252"]

Vs. Nederland ypc 2.12
Vs. Dayton ypc 6.86

vs. Nederland 46/208
vs dayton 36/149
vs nederland 4.52 ypc
vs dayton 4.14 ypc.

Difference.

[/quote]

I remember you saying before our game that your D would shut us down like they had everyone else in the 2nd half of games. You're entitled to your opinion, but don't do the same thing that you rip others for.
[/quote]The only difference is, since I said our defense has gotten solid we haven't given up more than 246 total yards in a game. That's a lot different than getting beat by 38 after saying that. We've only given up over 200 total yards once since SC, that means I wasn't saying our D was salty after giving up 300+ yards to CE King and KP. Your stats didn't support your statement, mine do. When BH said their D got salty after giving up almost 500 yards to Crosby you agreed they had fixed it because they held y'all under 200 total yards, I was telling you then Dayton offense just sucked. Yeah,y'all threw it over our head and Riordan didn't make the DC adjust or help the guy y'all were picking on but we had y'all before that crap started happening. We were up 13-7 after the first with a dropped td and had you backed up in your own endzone on a 3rd and 35. If not for that 96 yards prayer from the back of the endzone your down 20 to 7 and in a deep hole against our type of O. Good in-game adjustment by the Broncos though, but we still threw and ran for a bunch on what was supposed to be a salty D. We averaged 450+ ypg on playoff teams in the district, I was just saying Dayton had been hit or miss but were getting breaks all season like the drops vs Elkins and no Denny for BH. I still hope y'all win man, we done playing so I don't start hating y'all again until August but your literally showing up to a dogfight with a limping horse.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1331092" timestamp="1352990605"]

Vs. Nederland ypc 2.12
Vs. Dayton ypc 6.86

vs. Nederland 46/208
vs dayton 36/149
vs nederland 4.52 ypc
vs dayton 4.14 ypc.

Difference.

[/quote]

I remember you saying before our game that your D would shut us down like they had everyone else in the 2nd half of games. You're entitled to your opinion, but don't do the same thing that you rip others for.
[/quote]The only difference is, since I said our defense has gotten solid we haven't given up more than 246 total yards in a game. That's a lot different than getting beat by 38 after saying that. We've only given up over 200 total yards once since SC, that means I wasn't saying our D was salty after giving up 300+ yards to CE King and KP. Your stats didn't support your statement, mine do. When BH said their D got salty after giving up almost 500 yards to Crosby you agreed they had fixed it because they held y'all under 200 total yards, I was telling you then Dayton offense just sucked. Yeah,y'all threw it over our head and Riordan didn't make the DC adjust or help the guy y'all were picking on but we had y'all before that crap started happening. We were up 13-7 after the first with a dropped td and had you backed up in your own endzone on a 3rd and 35. If not for that 96 yards prayer from the back of the endzone your down 20 to 7 and in a deep hole against our type of O. Good in-game adjustment by the Broncos though, but we still threw and ran for a bunch on what was supposed to be a salty D. We averaged 450+ ypg on playoff teams in the district, I was just saying Dayton had been hit or miss but were getting breaks all season like the drops vs Elkins and no Denny for BH. I still hope y'all win man, we done playing so I don't start hating y'all again until August but your literally showing up to a dogfight with a limping horse.
[/quote]

You had us...... Crosby does the same crap every year. At some point, those mistakes are a part of your identity. So..... you had nothing.

How much did your  cougs put up in 2nd half on dayton? You were down 17-7 at the half against bh and hammered them the second half and said you'd do it to us too. didn't happen. What's up with wanting to take away the big plays... i guess if it helps your numbers look good. That wasn't a desperation heave. Chambers was cool back there and the play was called because they knew it would work.... like you said, in game adjustments.

BH has put up better numbers against their common opponents since playing you, so, their defense has gotten better. You just refuse to see that. It's not all about what they did to us.

I hope Crosby wins too and am not saying our defense is the best, but our run defense isn't bad.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1331093" timestamp="1352991025"]
Guys when ya'll do these stats thing, Please take out Porter, New Caney, and Humble. They were absolutely horrible. CEK, KP, BH, Crosby, Dayton, and SC games are the only ones that would really compare to football games.
[/quote]

Dayton vs CEK, KP, BH, CRO, SC - 1761 yds allowed    91 pts allowed

Crosby vs CEK, KP, BH, DAY, SC - 1763 yds allowed    131 pts allowed

[quote name="dayton" post="1331091" timestamp="1352990538"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=106064.msg1331059#msg1331059 date=1352989271]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's really all I'm driving at.... I know that not having Denny changes things, but to insinuate that someone will just run all over us in that respect is reaching.... although, I should expect that from a Crosby fan.
[/quote]

Yeah no way Nederland is just going to run over Dayton! This will be a good game, not sure what happend last week, but that was last week! Good luck to the Bronco's not going to make this game as Crosby's is closer, so I will be rooting you guys on from Galena Park ;D

[quote name="dayton" post="1331111" timestamp="1352991842"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=106064.msg1331093#msg1331093 date=1352991025]
Guys when ya'll do these stats thing, Please take out Porter, New Caney, and Humble. They were absolutely horrible. CEK, KP, BH, Crosby, Dayton, and SC games are the only ones that would really compare to football games.
[/quote]

[/quote]Good research, Dayton is trending down while Crosby is trending up though. The point disparity comes from the KP and Dayton games. The yards we gave up came from playoff teams, if BH had their qb you would have given more yards than Crosby. Y'all gave up 650 yards to KP and King, they didn't have 400 combined on us. Number are what the numbers are but I would take Crosby's defense and definitely offense over Dayton's right now. 

[quote name="cougar14" post="1331122" timestamp="1352992938"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=106064.msg1331111#msg1331111 date=1352991842]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=106064.msg1331093#msg1331093 date=1352991025]
[/quote]

[/quote]Good research, Dayton is trending down while Crosby is trending up though. The point disparity comes from the KP and Dayton games. The yards we gave up came from playoff teams, if BH had their qb you would have given more yards than Crosby. Y'all gave up 650 yards to KP and King, they didn't have 400 combined on us. Number are what the numbers are but I would take Crosby's defense and definitely offense over Dayton's right now.
[/quote]

I threw out some general numbers and didn't even comment on them.... but since you brought it up...  you played the best teams in the district first... no wonder you're trending up. You played a close game against KP and we didn't .... we played reserves against KP and you didn't.  You fail to recognize those things when they don't benefit your argument. I really wasn't making a case either way with those numbers but posted them because of TradinupBH's post about leaving out the bottom teams.

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1331032" timestamp="1352987329"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=106064.msg1330989#msg1330989 date=1352983298]
[/quote]

Depends on which foot he brings.  He was BH's best special teams player....... ;D ;D
[/quote]
Nederland has a pretty good kicker as well...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder