Friday Night Prayer

Lord we come to you and ask your guidance and mercy in tonights events. We ask that you keep us all safe in our travels to and from the games. We ask your protection for all the players, fans, coaches, drill teams, bands and all others in the stands and on the fields. We ask that no matter the outcome of tonights events that all will look to you and be thankful for another great season.
IN YOUR NAME WE PRAY
AMEN.

[quote name="bulldog1984" post="1324889" timestamp="1352504274"]
how come most schools in 20 4a say a prayer and mention God or Jesus but Nederland never does ? Are they scared to get fined? its a student that usually leads the prayer so how does the school get in trouble ?
[/quote]

They like following the law perhaps?

The law as set down by the Supreme Court of the United States in Santa Fe v. Doe makes it very clear that such a student led prayer is unconstitutional. Of course you can do it and break the law until someone calls you on it. It is like speeding and not getting caught. If the cops aren't there, there is no proof.

Nederland is merely complying with the law and I think most other schools are doing so also. Maybe no one will every complain but if they do and file a lawsuit, NISD will then be spending money trying to defend what they knew was wrong.

If you feel like praying, you don't need someone else on a loudspeaker to do it for you. I know that I never need that extra assistance.

[quote name="BigDog007" post="1324702" timestamp="1352492892"]
Lord we come to you and ask your guidance and mercy in tonights events. We ask that you keep us all safe in our travels to and from the games. We ask your protection for all the players, fans, coaches, drill teams, bands and all others in the stands and on the fields. We ask that no matter the outcome of tonights events that all will look to you and be thankful for another great season.
IN YOUR NAME WE PRAY
AMEN.
[/quote]
Thanks for the prayer

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder