STJFL 2012

Stangs92

The league split us into two divisions: big school and small school. Big schools are PNG, Lumberton, Beaumont, Vidor, and Nederland. Small schools are BC, OF, WOS, LC, and Kountze. All 4A schools (except LCM) are Division I, and the 3A and 2A schools (Kountze) are Division II. So...at the end of the year, you have 2 Superbowl champions, one for each division.

[quote name="Bmt Pride" post="1322597" timestamp="1352301297"]
Beaumont can not pull from it's entire city, hence the WEST Beaumont Bulldogs, but it is still considered a big school. I dont really care, just thought i would throw that out there.
[/quote]
Didn't know that. Can you list the elementary schools that consist of your players? I'm just curious

[quote name="bradyb" post="1322603" timestamp="1352301816"]
[quote author=Bmt Pride link=topic=105853.msg1322597#msg1322597 date=1352301297]
Beaumont can not pull from it's entire city, hence the WEST Beaumont Bulldogs, but it is still considered a big school. I dont really care, just thought i would throw that out there.
[/quote]
Didn't know that. Can you list the elementary schools that consist of your players? I'm just curious
[/quote]

[u]Elementary[/u]
5 out of 16
Amelia, Caldwood, Sallie Curtis, Regina Howell, Dishman.

[u]Middle[/u]
3 out of 7
Vincent, Marshall or Odom

[quote name="What Now" post="1322552" timestamp="1352299313"]
Correction, at the current time, it is not LCM.  Little Cypress does not pull kids from Mauriceville, therefore making it smaller than most 3a schools. That is why it is in the small school bracket.
[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up because I really wasn't sure how they wound up in the small school division

[quote name="Bmt Pride" post="1322625" timestamp="1352302695"]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=105853.msg1322603#msg1322603 date=1352301816]
[quote author=Bmt Pride link=topic=105853.msg1322597#msg1322597 date=1352301297]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[u]Elementary[/u]
5 out of 16

[u]Middle[/u]
3 out of 7
[/quote]
That's more than any small school  has

[quote name="One4All" post="1322651" timestamp="1352303680"]
[quote author=Bmt Pride link=topic=105853.msg1322625#msg1322625 date=1352302695]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=105853.msg1322603#msg1322603 date=1352301816]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[u]Elementary[/u]
5 out of 16

[u]Middle[/u]
3 out of 7
[/quote]
That's more than any small school  has
[/quote]

I am aware of that, I wasn't complaining, just making a statement.

Not that it matters, but I still think the stjfl should have left things like they were, larger districts wind up with more teams so the tallent is split, just seems watered down with 6-8(w/flag) super bowl champions in 3 age groups, play the teams in your age gpoup and have one Champion, the old system was fine for a league this size, or take one season and do playoffs big school - small school and then play big against small for the title and see how many big schools win vs how many small schools win and I'll bet it's pretty even.

[quote name="football04" post="1322679" timestamp="1352304966"]
Not that it matters, but I still think the stjfl should have left things like they were, larger districts wind up with more teams so the tallent is split, just seems watered down with 6-8(w/flag) super bowl champions in 3 age groups, play the teams in your age gpoup and have one Champion, the old system was fine for a league this size, or take one season and do playoffs big school - small school and then play big against small for the title and see how many big schools win vs how many small schools win and I'll bet it's pretty even.
[/quote]
agree, big schools split which balances the talent. Besides, WOS (small school) is always in the hunt and not matter if you are big or small, usually the road to the championship goes through WOS. 

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1323175" timestamp="1352343522"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=105853.msg1322679#msg1322679 date=1352304966]
[/quote]
agree, big schools split which balances the talent. Besides, WOS (small school) is always in the hunt and not matter if you are big or small, usually the road to the championship goes through WOS.
[/quote]
Anyone know if WOS is staying in small school division for now on? Or are they moving up?

Let's be honest here folks. In the big schools talent in years past was wasn't spread out evenly at all. Everyone could tell what teams were better than others. Especially when you had three teams with dramatically different records. I think it's great to split the schools. It's more like middle school and high school ball. Just like district matters more than non district. Conference games matter the most here now. I give STJFL props for doing what they did

[quote name="bradyb" post="1323759" timestamp="1352408553"]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=105853.msg1323175#msg1323175 date=1352343522]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=105853.msg1322679#msg1322679 date=1352304966]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Anyone know if WOS is staying in small school division for now on? Or are they moving up?
[/quote]

Does a Little School have the option to play up if they want to? WOS could compete in Big School easily, my opinion.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin