Hull-Daisetta @ Colmesneil

Who wins Friday night?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Friday night?

• Hull-Daisetta Bobcats (6-3 2-0)
    • Colmesneil Bulldogs (5-4 1-1)

Should be a tough hard hitting game this Friday night in Colmesneil. The Bulldogs are coming off a defeat at the hands of the Iola Bulldogs while the Bobcats took care of the West Hardin Oilers. If HD wins, they will be district champions. If Colmesneil wins, it will create a three-way tie for the district championship with HD, Iola, and Colmesneil. HD is clicking on all cylinders and coming in on a 4 game winning streak (outscoring opponents 45-19). Colmesneil has an experienced team with several playmakers who are looking to avenge last year's loss to HD (70-14) and build momentum going into the playoffs. What are your thoughts on the game?

Guest incognito123
HD has a whole mess of running backs that can carry the rock and make opposing defenses pay.  They have a QB who is running Coach Huckaby's scheme so well, he reminds me of watching Huck's son, Corey, run it.  They have a receiver transfer from Liberty who will be eligible for the Colmesneil game who is 6'4 and can run like the wind.  He can also go up and get the jump ball very well.  This is good for HD because it will nutralize the HD QB's accuracy problem by allowing him to just chunk it up and Moseley will go get it.  I haven't even mentioned Darrell Lavalais or his brother, Kentarious Lavalais who is ruling the world on the D Line for HD.  Darrell Lavalais may be HDs best weapon and HD has been able to keep him fresh for D by allowing the other great backs to carry the ball.  Lavalais had 5 carries for over 100 yds against WH.  5 carries!  He is HD's best back and carried it 5 times.  Chris Herman, Colby Espree, Tyler Redmond, Garrett Hickman...all those guys have been getting carries.  Look for HD to smash Colmesneil.  They will overwhelm the Bulldogs and take this district with three straight beatdowns.  HD is for real.  I do not want to talk about the playoffs in this thread.  Boys, if youre reading this, focus on Colmesneil and lets worry about the playoffs next week.  Don't slip up by looking ahead.  One game at a time.  I know Coach Finney is telling you that.  Listen to him. 

This years HD team is special.  They were supposed to be garbage, but a coaching change and a new attitude and disipline has transformed not only this team, but the community who supports them.  HD fans finally believe in the Bobcats again!  HD fans beleive this could be the year that we shock some folks.  HD fans believe in these boys and their coaches.  In a town full of downtrodden families with very little to believe in, this team gives each and every one of them hope.  On Friday nights, when the HD fans watch the Bobcats play good, disciplined, football, for three hours, the fans can forget about problems at work, problems finding work, problems at home, and financial issues, and just watch great football.  HD has cut down on penalties, cut down on turnovers, and cut down on attutide issues with players.  Those things make the town proud.  You boys represent those towns, and your fans love you for it! 

Keep grinding.  One game at a time.  Who's next???  Colmesneil. 

Finney ball is starting to caught fire and just at the right time. To see the fire in the players eyes, to see the heart these young men have, it is amazing. EVERY player would run through a brick wall for Coach Finney. EVERY player believes they can win any game. The community is again on fire for the Hull-Daisetta Bobcats. Little kids are again playing football pick up games every evening at the stadium. Folks in the community are sporting their new HD hats and shirts. The HD pride and school spirit has been rekindled. Players like Dustin Welch, Colby Espree, Dezman Cook and Chris Herman have been dominating and doing whatever it takes to be successful. Garrett Hickman has been running the ball strong and will help take pressure off of Darrell Lavalais. Aaron Mosley at 6'4 with speed will eventually burn enough defenses to clear the box out for Lavalais and company. Colmesneil will not lay down Friday night. The Bulldogs fullback Doug Sanchez is a BEAST! The Colmesneil offense goes through Sanchez's power running then a deep throw to speedster Bryce Raines at WR. Raines has good ball skills and a ton of speed.  HD's power running and playaction to Mosley will be nasty.

HD 42
Colmesneil 14

Colmesneil vs. Hull-Daisetta All-Time Series - 10 games

Hull-Daisetta leads series 9-1 over Colmesneil.

Bulldogs only victory was in 2009, beating the Bobcats 36-20.

HD has outscored Colmesneil 440-109 in all time series. (44-11 average score)

Average score in 9 Bobcat wins: 47-8

Let's get ready to roll baby. Playoffs are right around the corner, but we've got a talented Bulldog team to take care of first. HD NATION!!!!

HD is ready to do work. Coach Finney has their heads right. Very focused team with great chemistry and timing. I am impressed at how well the O-line is blocking. Austin Edmondson has really stepped up and became a leader. It has to be intimidating to look across the line and see DE's Ken Lavalais and Kyle Hopkins at 6'3 260lbs staring at you. Big Thomas Stanley also at 6'3 260lbs is a Latimer look alike. Hope to see Stanley play more defense. Chris Herman has been dominating on defense!! Go Bobcats!

[quote name="knows2much" post="1324283" timestamp="1352469985"]
[quote author=Allamerican32 link=topic=105737.msg1324164#msg1324164 date=1352435113]
I don't think that hull will run over colmesneil.
They'll be surprised. But I mean, hull will probably take the W. I'd take it too if I was [b]recruiting players left and right[/b].
[/quote]

Who was recruited?
[/quote]

I know for sure that one flag girl was recruited. Rumor has it that Ag students are being recruited as well. These kids are being given free tuition, free books, and possibly free (or reduced) lunches as well.  I have also heard that a bus driver was offered money to drive for Daisetta.

[quote name="Bill Dauterive" post="1324406" timestamp="1352477225"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=105737.msg1324283#msg1324283 date=1352469985]
[quote author=Allamerican32 link=topic=105737.msg1324164#msg1324164 date=1352435113]
I don't think that hull will run over colmesneil.
They'll be surprised. But I mean, hull will probably take the W. I'd take it too if I was [b]recruiting players left and right[/b].
[/quote]

Who was recruited?
[/quote]

I know for sure that one flag girl was recruited. Rumor has it that Ag students are being recruited as well. These kids are being given free tuition, free books, and possibly free (or reduced) lunches as well.  I have also heard that a bus driver was offered money to drive for Daisetta.
[/quote]LMAO!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder