Deweyville at New Waverly Game Thread/Deweyville wins 40-19!

WOSgrad

[quote name="89falcon" post="1318872" timestamp="1351983260"]
[quote author=king link=topic=105623.msg1318485#msg1318485 date=1351954339]
See how much of a difference coaching makes....
[/quote]
See how much of a difference a talented sophmore class becoming a talented junior class makes? When they become seniors they will be better, then after that DV will take a step back and it will not matter who the coach is.
[/quote] will not matter who the coach is ok sure.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/quote]
See how much of a difference a talented sophmore class becoming a talented junior class makes? When they become seniors they will be better, then after that DV will take a step back and it will not matter who the coach is.
[/quote]slow learner

[/quote]
[/quote]

The MVP of the team is our line, I agree that the Junior class is a bunch of awesome kids, I coached most of them and i still hold a close relationship with them.
Last years team was as good or better and we got beat by NW 56 to 7, let me tell you coaching is the difference bottom line, we have Mc Daniels we get ripped again, PERIOD!!
Babin is the best thing that has happened to us in a long time. GIVE THE MAN the credit he deserves.
There are 24 spots on a team a kicker a punter 11 offense 11 defense of those 24 spots on the team there are 15 seniors 2 sophmore's and 7 juniors acording to my math that is 8% soph, 29% junior and 63% senior starters.
Also there are only 4 kids off of the Jr. High team you mentioned and two of them during there eighth grade run were suppose to be in High school, the (running backs), it is not hard to dominate when you are 15.
These are great kids but the fact that they won district is the reason they are winning and don't need a coach? Come On!
Mcdainels first year here we had the biggest line in 2A (FACT) and a group that won district not only in Jr. High but JV also, and they could not buy a win against a good team. The kids are great but they have been and yes talent in a couple of years will fall land then it will pick up again as it does anywhere I agree, but lets stay focused on the fact that we have an awesome coach and support him because I promise you it does not matter whose kids are out there they won't be sucessful without coaching.
Deweyville went years until Bickham came without going to the playoffs and he brought us twice, think back at the coaching before he got here, remember the talent after him and the horrible games we had to endure and let's thank God we got Babin and for our talented kids in all the grades.

[quote name="~Kville_Kats~" post="1320837" timestamp="1352142819"]
Good Lucki Deweyville.....!!  :) ;)
[/quote]
Thks, and good luck to the Kats.  Great post Claude, this is a TEAM made up of a few different classes that are all playing with confidence and getting better every week.  They have bought into Coach Babin's program of hard work and preparation = success.  Coach Babin inherited some really good individual talent and molded them into a Team.  Putting players in their proper positions on the field helped out tremendously. Those that follow the Pirates know what I am talking about. If you are a team first player you sacrifice your individual wants for the Team's needs and it has really paid off for the Pirates this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder