Kirbyville at Woodville Game Thread/Kirbyville wins 51-27!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="goldenarm" post="1311720" timestamp="1351315064"]
Good job by kville!  coaches had a good game plan for us. the only exception was that 4th and 1. Kville kids executed and never let up. welcome back to the playoffs.
[/quote]
Not quite. Point difference goes to Woodville in a three-way tie. Read my other post in the "who makes the playoffs in 10-2A". Maybe thatll help you understand.

Kville now holds the points tiebreaker in the event of a three way tie. Kville is at a +5, Woodville is at 0, and anahauc is at -5. This is per the district points scale. Woodville beat anahauc by 21 then got beat by 24. The maximum points allowed is 21 so this puts Woodville at 0. Anahuac beat kville by 16 but lost to Woodville by 21 thus putting them at the -5. Kville lost to Anahuac by 16 but beat woodville by 24 but could only use 21 of those points which put them at +5. If all three teams end up tied kville will be third place team and advance.

[quote name="wizdiz" post="1311758" timestamp="1351317314"]
Kville now holds the points tiebreaker in the event of a three way tie. Kville is at a +5, Woodville is at 0, and anahauc is at -5. This is per the district points scale. Woodville beat anahauc by 21 then got beat by 24. The maximum points allowed is 21 so this puts Woodville at 0. Anahuac beat kville by 16 but lost to Woodville by 21 thus putting them at the -5. Kville lost to Anahuac by 16 but beat woodville by 24 but could only use 21 of those points which put them at +5. If all three teams end up tied kville will be third place team and advance.
[/quote]
Okay. First, Woodville beat Anahuac 34-7. 27 points. Kville got beat by Anahuac, 32-16. 16 points. Kirbyville beat Woodville by 24. Which leaves Kville 19 points behind Woodville. And Anahuac behind Woodville. Not sure how the district points scale works, but your numbers are off.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1311775" timestamp="1351318153"]
[quote author=wizdiz link=topic=105285.msg1311758#msg1311758 date=1351317314]
[/quote]
Okay. First, Woodville beat Anahuac 34-7. 27 points. Kville got beat by Anahuac, 32-16. 16 points. Kirbyville beat Woodville by 24. Which leaves Kville 19 points behind Woodville. And Anahuac behind Woodville. Not sure how the district points scale works, but your numbers are off.
[/quote]
Even if my numbers are off a little the point was that 21 points was the max points you could y use as far as the tiebreaker goes. Woodville got 21 against anahauc and lost 21 against kville leaving them sitting at 0. Anahauc got 16 against kville and lost 21 aginst woodville leaving them sitting at -5. Kville got 21 against Woodville and lost 16 against Anahauc leaving them sitting at +5. This is how the tiebreaker works. If you dont believe me go ask your head coach, he will tell you the same thing I just did.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1311775" timestamp="1351318153"]
[quote author=wizdiz link=topic=105285.msg1311758#msg1311758 date=1351317314]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Eagles, I am from Woodville and ville shot themselves in the foot. Should not of even had to come down to this. I think Woodville still will make it though!!!

If kville wins out, both anahuac and woodville lose 1 more time, they are in. Whizdiz is right in a 3 way tie kville holds the tie breaker. Point cap is 21.  Woodville and anahuac both still have to play newton or ec.  As far as the 4th and short, too many factors came into play. The wind was a major factor. played a part in field position all night. In my opinion, if you punt there you probably get the same result. Plus that was the only time woodville stopped the cats all night. Had a good play call, woodville just made a play and got a very favorable spot. Up by 1 with 7 minutes left to go in the game, the cats knew what they had to do to get the points in their favor and stepped on the gas.  Great game plan and the deuce (#2 Haywood) was loose. Take it one game at a time. Kville playoffs started last night.

[quote name="bulldog16" post="1311895" timestamp="1351347113"]
If kville wins out, both anahuac and woodville lose 1 more time, they are in. Whizdiz is right in a 3 way tie kville holds the tie breaker. Point cap is 21.  Woodville and anahuac both still have to play newton or ec.  As far as the 4th and short, too many factors came into play. The wind was a major factor. played a part in field position all night. In my opinion, if you punt there you probably get the same result. Plus that was the only time woodville stopped the cats all night. Had a good play call, woodville just made a play and got a very favorable spot. Up by 1 with 7 minutes left to go in the game, the cats knew what they had to do to get the points in their favor and stepped on the gas.  Great game plan and the deuce (#2 Haywood) was loose. Take it one game at a time. Kville playoffs started last night.
[/quote]
With Haywood back the Cats should be in great shape ....now when is Brooks going to return or did he play Friday?

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="mytwocents" post="1312954" timestamp="1351436654"]
Hmmmmm wonder where all the kville haters are at now???  ;D  ::)
[/quote]Not a Kirbyville hater, just a kvillecats hater ;D

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1313068" timestamp="1351450661"]
Kirbyville will win out
Anahuac will lose to E Chambers
Woodville will lose to Newton
three way tie  --  Kirbyville is plus 8 -- Woodville is plus 2 --  Anahuac is minus 11.

thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
[/quote]
You are right on accounts except the points....21 is the cap...Kville is a +5, Woodville is at 0 and Anahuac is at -5...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder