West Hardin at Colmesneil Game Thread/Colmesneil wins 28-12!!

WOSgrad

Guest incognito123
[quote name="D WADE" post="1312412" timestamp="1351371145"]
Im pretty sure WH and colmisniel arent very scared of iola. Im not saying either of these teams will beat them but they will be in the game until the 4th quarter. Iola barely lost to H-D and H-D is an average team compared to some of the teams WH AND colmisniel have faced this year
[/quote]

You are obviously misinformed. Hd is better than average. They are the best team in this district hands down. They will win in the playoffs. Write it down.

[quote name="D WADE" post="1312412" timestamp="1351371145"]
Im pretty sure WH and colmisniel arent very scared of iola. Im not saying either of these teams will beat them but they will be in the game until the 4th quarter. Iola barely lost to H-D and H-D is an average team compared to some of the teams WH AND colmisniel have faced this year
[/quote]

HD is not average in any way. Colmesneil and West Hardin have gotten their only wins of the season against Burkeville, Sabine Pass and Evadale who are a combined 4-19 on the season. HD and Colmesneil only have one common opponent and that is Lovelady. The Lions beat Colmesneil by 30 points in Colmesneil. HD beat Lovelady at their place. Lovelady also beat West Hardin in Saratoga. HD and West Hardin have both played Hardin ad well. HD beat the Hornets by three TD's and yet Hardin beat West Hardin 40-12. I'm just saying.... the only decent team either team has played, it was over at halftime. They will find out soon how real HD (and Iola for that matter) is very soon.

I understand h-d is the best team in the district, and you do seem to be a very logical h-d fan.  h-d is definitely better than they were last year but you cant honestly think they are above average. I think kountze is a little below average small school team. Kountze isnt even going to make the playoffs in their district and they beat the bobcats. Every h-d team from about 2002- 2008 would have beaten this years kountze team and those h-d teams were just average. If i'm not mistaken none of those teams won a playoff game. Im all about supporting your team but bobcat 55 gets on here and talks like h-d is going to win state and beat the world, it really makes it hard for fans from other schools to root for the bobcats

I understand where you're coming from. This years' HD team is pretty darn good though with great coaching. I think what coach Finney has done to this program is tremendous. Talent wise, this team is right on par with some of the better 7/8 win HD teams of the recent past. But beyond that, the kids just get it this year. We will see how it goes come playoff time. This is the best Kountze team I've ever seen and don't forget that they beat Shepherd this season that just knocked off Huffman and appears to be a playoff team in 3A. This is also the best Deweyville team I've seen in a long time as well. Don't forget that there is significant enrollment differences as well especially between a 2A-D1 and a 1A.

Something else I got to thinking about as well is who HD's playoff losses have been to recently. Well I did the research and since 2004, the Bobcats have been beaten by Iola, Lovelady, Mart, Normangee twice, and Groveton twice. I find it interesting the HD has beat Normangee, Lovelady, and Iola this season and dominated Groveton but narrowly lost due defensive and special teams scores by the Indians. What I'm getting at is these kids have been playing traditionally tough schools and getting wins against teams that normally beat us. Our pre-district schedule got us battle tested and prepared HD for the playoffs. I think HD makes some noise in Region III playoffs.

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1312729" timestamp="1351388800"]
[quote author=D WADE link=topic=105280.msg1312412#msg1312412 date=1351371145]
[/quote]

HD is not average in any way. Colmesneil and West Hardin have gotten their only wins of the season against Burkeville, Sabine Pass and Evadale who are a combined 4-19 on the season. HD and Colmesneil only have one common opponent and that is Lovelady. The Lions beat Colmesneil by 30 points in Colmesneil. HD beat Lovelady at their place. Lovelady also beat West Hardin in Saratoga. HD and West Hardin have both played Hardin ad well. HD beat the Hornets by three TD's and yet Hardin beat West Hardin 40-12. I'm just saying.... the only decent team either team has played, it was over at halftime. They will find out soon how real HD (and Iola for that matter) is very soon.
[/quote]
Comparing scores wont get you anywhere in 1A high school football. There is no above average team in this district. Colmesneil can pass at a higher level than any team in this district. Hands down. And they have one exceptional running back in Cody Walsh, #44. If HD goes into Colmesneil with the big head like some of their fans display on here, they'll get run out of Taylor field. HD is not above average for a 1A school. Above average is West Sabine, Alto, San Augustine, Cayuga, etc. HD couldn't beat any one of those teams on a normal day. They will beat WH next week and will be in a dog fight with Colmesneil, quite possibly for the district championship.

Guest Chance10
HD is average. Above average teams can mix it up offensively. HD averages like 30 passing yards a game. Granted, they run the ball well, but that can be stopped when you put 9 men in the box. Their offense runs through 22. Stop him, and the game is yours. That's easier said than done, yes, but it's definitely possible. With Colmesneil, stop Walsh, they'll hand it to number 2. Stop number 2, they'll feed their fullback. Stop the run in general, they'll beat you with the right arm of their QB. This team is so balanced, their tough to defend against.

HD is above average and getting better every week. With the new addition of blazing fast 6'4 WR Aaron Mosley, a kid that was very explosive in 3A ball, HD will not have a problem passing now.  ;) Colmesneil needs to worry about Iola. IMO Iola wins by 2 TD'S. HD will be ready for Colmesneil and it will be ugly.  ;) WH is first up, one game at a time, heated rivalries can get crazy. Oh almost forgot, Mosley will be playing FS also, I hope Colmesneil throws it up.  ;D

[quote name="Pawdog61" post="1311548" timestamp="1351310038"]
Really dude shut up everybody's tired of your mouth..your sportsmanship is horrible u think u know everything!!!
[/quote]Your team must have lost  ;D, calm down man Hd is for real this year and soon everyone will see! ;)

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1313708" timestamp="1351524351"]
[quote author=Pawdog61 link=topic=105280.msg1311548#msg1311548 date=1351310038]
Really dude shut up everybody's tired of your mouth..your sportsmanship is horrible u think u know everything!!!
[/quote]Your team must have lost  ;D, calm down man Hd is for real this year and soon everyone will see! ;)
[/quote]

My team won! U must be a know it all from hd yourself...

[quote name="Pawdog61" post="1313989" timestamp="1351542140"]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=105280.msg1313708#msg1313708 date=1351524351]
[quote author=Pawdog61 link=topic=105280.msg1311548#msg1311548 date=1351310038]
[/quote]

My team won! U must be a know it all from hd yourself...
[/quote]Yeah I'm from HD thats why I have a Bronco avatar! ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1313660" timestamp="1351521549"]
HD is above average and getting better every week. With the new addition of blazing fast 6'4 WR Aaron Mosley, a kid that was very explosive in 3A ball, HD will not have a problem passing now.  ;) Colmesneil needs to worry about Iola. IMO Iola wins by 2 TD'S. HD will be ready for Colmesneil and it will be ugly.  ;) WH is first up, one game at a time, heated rivalries can get crazy. Oh almost forgot, Mosley will be playing FS also, I hope Colmesneil throws it up.  ;D
[/quote]
Please. Lol that kid isn't anything special. He's got more speed than the rest of your team, but to be blunt with you, that's not saying much bud. "Blazing fast" definitely does not describe anyone in this district, much less on HD's squad.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1314401" timestamp="1351571490"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=105280.msg1313660#msg1313660 date=1351521549]
[/quote]
Please. Lol that kid isn't anything special. He's got more speed than the rest of your team, but to be blunt with you, that's not saying much bud. "Blazing fast" definitely does not describe anyone in this district, much less on HD's squad.
[/quote]Since you appear to be a little slow I will explain. This Mosley kid was a 3A all-district WR. Mosley was Liberty's top weapon, even as Liberty got blowed out, he would burn 3A defenses for 70 yard TD's. So now Mosley will be facing 1A defenses with an HD team that has the District MVP at tailback in Darrell Lavalais. So... unless your a tennis buff and not a football buff, you would see my point. And yes, blazing speed for Mosley, especially on a 1A scale.  ;) ;D 8)

so, let me get this straight? the best player for HD is a kid from baytown sterling that moved in the summer (along with his brother), and a kid from liberty is moving over at the end of the season when liberty isn't going anywhere and HD is headed into the playoffs?

do i have that right? doesn't sound suspicious at all

[quote name="semperfi96" post="1314487" timestamp="1351602940"]
so, let me get this straight? the best player for HD is a kid from baytown sterling that moved in the summer (along with his brother), and a kid from liberty is moving over at the end of the season when liberty isn't going anywhere and HD is headed into the playoffs?

[/quote]You forgot to mention HD has a terrific English department.  ;D

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1314498" timestamp="1351603710"]
[quote author=semperfi96 link=topic=105280.msg1314487#msg1314487 date=1351602940]

[/quote]You forgot to mention HD has a terrific English department.  ;D
[/quote]
HD is an average team with average speed and an average english dept......lol

[quote name="lightningman" post="1314493" timestamp="1351603586"]
to add to that, if HD has this much "blazing speed" and is so "above average", do yall have hotel reservations for the state championship game already?
[/quote]lol. "This much blazing speed" lol. We are slow my friend. Mosley will be our only 80 yard td threat.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder