Crosby at Kingwood Park Game Thread/CROSBY WINS 22-21!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1310562" timestamp="1351283181"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=105218.msg1310432#msg1310432 date=1351274490]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105218.msg1310047#msg1310047 date=1351224005]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=105218.msg1309996#msg1309996 date=1351221520]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105218.msg1309977#msg1309977 date=1351220955]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105218.msg1309959#msg1309959 date=1351220430]
how in the world did Crosby beat BH? I really dont get it.  :-\
[/quote]You're not giving KP any credit. This was the biggest game of the season for them and they overachieved for one night. KP won the district last year, they don't suck they're just in a district with wolves. They would make the playoffs in 18,20, NF district, and 24. When you pick up the newspaper in the a.m. and look at the stats, if you didn't attend the game you would say Crosby won.
[/quote]
if I looked at the stats ,I would say kp blew a big opportunity .
[/quote][b]No you wouldn't. If so you would've said the same thing about Crosby in the Vidor game last year[/b]. If you came to this one you would see Crosby drove the ball right down the field after the opening kick to the 3 yard line, got a 10 yard penalty then took it to the 1 yard line,  got another 10 then 5 yard penalty and kicked a fg. They said Aston fumbled inside the 20 when his knee was down and they showed it on the replay screen (at least once they did), KP scored. They said our player touched a punt and KP recovered. Replay shows he didn't though. The td they gave KP one their opening drive of the second half the kid fell out of the endzone and was laying on the ground, the nearest ref signaled incomplete but the umpire came running in and overruled for the td. The KP fans all said "augh", then the ref by the play got overruled and they started cheering. I bet Crosby had over 150 yards in penalties, most of which were extremely questionable. KP got 4 timeouts at the end of the game too, the sidejudge from Crosby's side came running on the field with 3 fingers up when KP called a timeout but the referee held up 2 and waved him off. They tried to give them the game but their kicker missed field goals, ours made his.
[/quote]
uh, yes i would and i did. when a team loses by one point having missed 3 field goals, i call that blowing it. ie: not taking advantage of opportunities. and why are so obsessed with vidor. you always seem to bring them into your conversations. you still mad about last year. can't face the fact that vidor was just the better team and trying to console yourself with stats.

well, here is a fact and not a stat.taking advantage of other teams mistakes is the mark of a good ball team. kp is not a good ball team [b](and you yourself predicted a blowout win for crosby[/b]). vidor is a good football team and took advantage of yalls mistakes and rushed for over 300 yrds to the tune of a 42-20 win and the only reason you are talking smack is you know we will not play this year. Good luck against who ever you get and don't disappear after crosby makes an early playoff exit.
[/quote]Obsession with Vidor? Please, Vidor fan always jump on our threads because Crosbys is one of the two playoff wins (only two) Vidor has since the Cold War. 3 missed fgs equals 9 pts, Crosby had it on the 1 and 3 yardline but got penalized and ended up with 3 pts from all of that. Missing 14 pts is what I would call a wasted opportunity. And as far a first round playoff exits go, YOU HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND ONCE SINCE KENNEDY WAS ASSASSINATED AND WHEN DAYTON OR SUMMER CREEK BOX YOUR FACE IN IN THE FIRST ROUND YOU'LL BE DISAPPEARING . . . . . FROM THE BRACKET THAT IS. My fearless prediction: Vidor get pounded out of the first round by one of 19-4a's top two restarting their 47 year streak, Barbers Hill breaks their 7 year streak of no playoff wins.
[/quote]
no, you always seem to bring up vidor. i made an opinion on your post and YOU brought vidor up. you always bring vidor up. i have a feeling that loss in the playoffs is going to haunt you forever. and i can already hear it now for when crosby gets beat in round one, well, we had better stats.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1310659" timestamp="1351289383"]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105218.msg1310562#msg1310562 date=1351283181]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=105218.msg1310432#msg1310432 date=1351274490]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105218.msg1310047#msg1310047 date=1351224005]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=105218.msg1309996#msg1309996 date=1351221520]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105218.msg1309977#msg1309977 date=1351220955]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105218.msg1309959#msg1309959 date=1351220430]
[/quote]You're not giving KP any credit. This was the biggest game of the season for them and they overachieved for one night. KP won the district last year, they don't suck they're just in a district with wolves. They would make the playoffs in 18,20, NF district, and 24. When you pick up the newspaper in the a.m. and look at the stats, if you didn't attend the game you would say Crosby won.
[/quote]
[/quote][b]No you wouldn't. If so you would've said the same thing about Crosby in the Vidor game last year[/b]. If you came to this one you would see Crosby drove the ball right down the field after the opening kick to the 3 yard line, got a 10 yard penalty then took it to the 1 yard line,  got another 10 then 5 yard penalty and kicked a fg. They said Aston fumbled inside the 20 when his knee was down and they showed it on the replay screen (at least once they did), KP scored. They said our player touched a punt and KP recovered. Replay shows he didn't though. The td they gave KP one their opening drive of the second half the kid fell out of the endzone and was laying on the ground, the nearest ref signaled incomplete but the umpire came running in and overruled for the td. The KP fans all said "augh", then the ref by the play got overruled and they started cheering. I bet Crosby had over 150 yards in penalties, most of which were extremely questionable. KP got 4 timeouts at the end of the game too, the sidejudge from Crosby's side came running on the field with 3 fingers up when KP called a timeout but the referee held up 2 and waved him off. They tried to give them the game but their kicker missed field goals, ours made his.
[/quote]
uh, yes i would and i did. when a team loses by one point having missed 3 field goals, i call that blowing it. ie: not taking advantage of opportunities. and why are so obsessed with vidor. you always seem to bring them into your conversations. you still mad about last year. can't face the fact that vidor was just the better team and trying to console yourself with stats.

well, here is a fact and not a stat.taking advantage of other teams mistakes is the mark of a good ball team. kp is not a good ball team [b](and you yourself predicted a blowout win for crosby[/b]). vidor is a good football team and took advantage of yalls mistakes and rushed for over 300 yrds to the tune of a 42-20 win and the only reason you are talking smack is you know we will not play this year. Good luck against who ever you get and don't disappear after crosby makes an early playoff exit.
[/quote]Obsession with Vidor? Please, Vidor fan always jump on our threads because Crosbys is one of the two playoff wins (only two) Vidor has since the Cold War. 3 missed fgs equals 9 pts, Crosby had it on the 1 and 3 yardline but got penalized and ended up with 3 pts from all of that. Missing 14 pts is what I would call a wasted opportunity. And as far a first round playoff exits go, YOU HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND ONCE SINCE KENNEDY WAS ASSASSINATED AND WHEN DAYTON OR SUMMER CREEK BOX YOUR FACE IN IN THE FIRST ROUND YOU'LL BE DISAPPEARING . . . . . FROM THE BRACKET THAT IS. My fearless prediction: Vidor get pounded out of the first round by one of 19-4a's top two restarting their 47 year streak, Barbers Hill breaks their 7 year streak of no playoff wins.
[/quote]
no, you always seem to bring up vidor. i made an opinion on your post and YOU brought vidor up. you always bring vidor up. i have a feeling that loss in the playoffs is going to haunt you forever. and i can already hear it now for when crosby gets beat in round one, well, we had better stats.
[/quote]

The honest truth is we've had more yards in every game we've played except the Nederland Game, we do have better stats, but the real issues are field position, and turnovers. If the cougs could learn how to catch a punt and when to let one go we'd be a much better football team, conversely if we had a better punter we'd be a better team as well. The cougs have played tough with everyone they've played this year the 2 blowouts have been due to huge mistakes and good opponents making us pay for them.

The our other QB is better would have changed the game people. Crosby has a very good safety that's out for the season previous to this game, if the cougs had there D1 talented Safety in the game maybe you don't score... 

If your going to What if everything. What if the Cougars didn't give you the ball with less than 30 yards to go 3 times? What if the Cougars had ran the ball more? What if the Cougars had not thrown the ball on 2 and 1 on the 1 yard line. What if the Ref had called that third down heave to the endzone in which it appeared the receiver bobbled the ball all the way out of bounds an incomplete pass instead of a TD? What if you had made that field goal, and the cougars where actually trying to score instead of simply run the clock out in the 4th? So play your games but every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and with those one play call in a game this close probably cost your team the game, i'd venture to say it might have been icing your own kicker.

[quote name="hardin01" post="1311677" timestamp="1351313173"]
Crosby found a way to squeeze into that 4th spot.

Hats of to the Cougars
[/quote]With wins over Humble and Porter Crosby can finish no worse than 3rd. BH already has two district losses and still has SC. Even if they win they still tie Crosby and get fourth on a tie-breaker. Crosby most likely will be 6-2 in district, BH will probably be 5-3 but even if they finish at 6-2 like us they still lose on a tie-breaker. Crosby gets the 2nd place D2 team from 20-4a, BH gets first place D2 team.

Guest Red Rocker
[quote name="hardin01" post="1311677" timestamp="1351313173"]
Crosby found a way to squeeze into that 4th spot.

Hats of to the Cougars
[/quote]

Another Hardin success story.......

WOSGrad needs to change the standing the cougars are ahead of the BH eagles in District 19-4a both have 2 losses but Crosby Beat BH meaning as of right now we are ahead.

The only scenario in which Crosby Doesn't get the 3 seed and wins out is.

BH beating SC and Dayton Beating SC leaving 3 teams with 2 district losses meaning itwould come down to a tie breaker between the three schools. most likely SC would win the tiebreaker with the huge numbers they put on Crosby, once that tie is broke the Cougars would more than likely (unless SC gets blown out by BH) still remain the 3rd team in district because once three way is broken it's head to head again. which crosby won vs BH.

so Bh would have to beat SC by 29 Points and then have Dayton beat them as well. which would make them second in district. and SC third and Crosby 4th. This is the only sceario in which Crosby wins out and loses 3rd place.

Most likely you'll have a 0 loss team a 1 loss team a 2 loss team (crosby) and a 3 loss team (BH)

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1311369" timestamp="1351306954"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=105218.msg1310659#msg1310659 date=1351289383]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105218.msg1310562#msg1310562 date=1351283181]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

The honest truth is we've had more yards in every game we've played except the Nederland Game, we do have better stats, but the real issues are field position, and turnovers. If the cougs could learn how to catch a punt and when to let one go we'd be a much better football team, conversely if we had a better punter we'd be a better team as well. The cougs have played tough with everyone they've played this year the 2 blowouts have been due to huge mistakes and good opponents making us pay for them.

The our other QB is better would have changed the game people. Crosby has a very good safety that's out for the season previous to this game, if the cougs had there D1 talented Safety in the game maybe you don't score... 

If your going to What if everything. What if the Cougars didn't give you the ball with less than 30 yards to go 3 times? What if the Cougars had ran the ball more? What if the Cougars had not thrown the ball on 2 and 1 on the 1 yard line. What if the Ref had called that third down heave to the endzone in which it appeared the receiver bobbled the ball all the way out of bounds an incomplete pass instead of a TD? What if you had made that field goal, and the cougars where actually trying to score instead of simply run the clock out in the 4th? So play your games but every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and with those one play call in a game this close probably cost your team the game, i'd venture to say it might have been icing your own kicker.
[/quote]
??? you have me confused with someone else. i'm not from kp and the only thing i have said in referance to this game was kp did't take advantage of crosby mistakes and scoring opportunities. i haven't what if'ed anything.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1312103" timestamp="1351356236"]
WOSGrad needs to change the standing the cougars are ahead of the BH eagles in District 19-4a both have 2 losses but Crosby Beat BH meaning as of right now we are ahead.

BH beating SC and Dayton Beating SC leaving 3 teams with 2 district losses meaning itwould come down to a tie breaker between the three schools. most likely SC would win the tiebreaker with the huge numbers they put on Crosby, once that tie is broke the Cougars would more than likely (unless SC gets blown out by BH) still remain the 3rd team in district because once three way is broken it's head to head again. which crosby won vs BH.

so Bh would have to beat SC by 29 Points and then have Dayton beat them as well. which would make them second in district. and SC third and Crosby 4th. This is the only sceario in which Crosby wins out and loses 3rd place.

Most likely you'll have a 0 loss team a 1 loss team a 2 loss team (crosby) and a 3 loss team (BH)
[/quote]that is not how it works...There is a D1 state playoff and D2 state playoff in each classification(5A, 4A, 3A, etc.).....out of the 4 teams that make playoffs  in 19-4A, they take a 2-D1 and 2-D2... this is determined by enrollment numbers not how you finish in district.. the numbers are on this web site in district standing....there is no 3 seed.... only 1 & 2 seeds in each division.. so you could have two 4A state champs in the same division. Ex. Dayton 4A D1 state champs and Crosby 4A D2 state champs.

if what you are saying did happen.... 3 way tie for 2nd then a tie is rewarded....just means everyone of those finish 2nd..

ex. if BH beats SC and SC beats Dayton... then Dayton(7-1) and SC(7-1) are both co district champs with SC getting the one seed and Dayton getting 2 seed(head to head wins seeding if they have the highest 2 enrollments of the 4 teams in playoffs).

now if there is a tie that will determine who will go to playoffs then it goes to head to head... if 3 way tie, head to head first, then points are the factor to see who goes...

Here is what can happen as of today(I believe Humble plays tonight):
Dayton in
SC in
Crosby = not in yet. they have to win 1 more or a Humble loss
BH- not in yet. they have to win 1 more or a humble loss
KP - has to win last game and hope Humble does not lose
Humble - has to win out and win big to cover points
CE king out
Porter out
NC out

SC and Dayton are in.... they are the D1 schools unless KP gets in... who ever wins the last game will be the 1 seed and loser be 2 seed..

Playoffs for D2 are not final yet.. If Humble loses one more game it make Crosby and BH D2. A Humble loss will eliminate KP as well... they could have a tie with Crosby and BH.. but they lost to both so they would be out.
If crosby wins out they will get the 1 seed D2... period.... that would make the playoff teams Crosby (D2 1 seed) BH (D2 2 seed)
crosby has the head to head against BH even if they beat SC..
Dayton (D1) SC (D1)

I hope I explained it well.... kinda hard to understand I guess... just know if Humble loses 1 more game:
Dayton/SC D1 - seeding based on last game
Crosby/BH D2

[quote name="hitman009" post="1312323" timestamp="1351365925"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=105218.msg1312103#msg1312103 date=1351356236]

[/quote]that is not how it works...There is a D1 state playoff and D2 state playoff in each classification(5A, 4A, 3A, etc.).....out of the 4 teams that make playoffs  in 19-4A, they take a 2-D1 and 2-D2... this is determined by enrollment numbers not how you finish in district.. the numbers are on this web site in district standing....there is no 3 seed.... only 1 & 2 seeds in each division.. so you could have two 4A state champs in the same division. Ex. Dayton 4A D1 state champs and Crosby 4A D2 state champs.

if what you are saying did happen.... 3 way tie for 2nd then a tie is rewarded....just means everyone of those finish 2nd..

ex. if BH beats SC and SC beats Dayton... then Dayton(7-1) and SC(7-1) are both co district champs with SC getting the one seed and Dayton getting 2 seed(head to head wins seeding if they have the highest 2 enrollments of the 4 teams in playoffs).

now if there is a tie that will determine who will go to playoffs then it goes to head to head... if 3 way tie, head to head first, then points are the factor to see who goes...

Here is what can happen as of today(I believe Humble plays tonight):
Dayton in
SC in
Crosby = not in yet. they have to win 1 more or a Humble loss
BH- not in yet. they have to win 1 more or a humble loss
KP - has to win last game and hope Humble does not lose
Humble - has to win out and win big to cover points
CE king out
Porter out
NC out

SC and Dayton are in.... they are the D1 schools unless KP gets in... who ever wins the last game will be the 1 seed and loser be 2 seed..

Playoffs for D2 are not final yet.. If Humble loses one more game it make Crosby and BH D2. A Humble loss will eliminate KP as well... they could have a tie with Crosby and BH.. but they lost to both so they would be out.
If crosby wins out they will get the 1 seed D2... period.... that would make the playoff teams Crosby (D2 1 seed) BH (D2 2 seed)
crosby has the head to head against BH even if they beat SC..
Dayton (D1) SC (D1)

I hope I explained it well.... kinda hard to understand I guess... just know if Humble loses 1 more game:
Dayton/SC D1 - seeding based on last game
Crosby/BH D2

[/quote]
;Dhitman !!!!!!!!!, you alrite by me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder