Special Thanks

[color=blue][size=14pt][font=times new roman]I'd like to send out a special thanks to the coaches and their families for the sacrifices that they make during this time of year.  The coaches spend countless hours away from their spouses and kids in order to bring you excitement on Friday nights.  Due to budget/staff cuts, these coaches are working harder than they have in the past.  Please remember that a few kind words go a long way.

Coaches, thank you for all of your hard work and sacrifices!

Wives and kids, thank you for supporting your husband/father!

"Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you and your relationship with yourself, your family and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didnt let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could. There wasnt one more thing you could've done. Can you live in that moment as best you can, with clear eyes, and love in your heart, with joy in your heart? If you can do that gentleman - you're perfect!" Coach Gary Gaines, Friday Night Lights[/font][/size][/color]

I'm going to school for Kinesiology (coaching & teaching), I'll be graduating in May. I'm volunteering with a middle school right now and I'm only getting a small sample size of the time constraints that coaches have to deal with, and I'm talking about middle school. In high school there is just as more or more chaos! There is simply not enough time in the day for a coach. From what I've experienced as a player and a volunteer coach, I really do believe any word of thanks to a coach makes their day better. 8)

+1 Great post!  A lot of people do not realize how much time that coaches on all levels put in to providing these boys with something they all love to do.  Most people would complain at their own jobs for having to work long hours and not receive enough pay.  Kudos to all of our coaching staff and their families!!!

I agree!  Great post!  I know that our coaches spend hours and hours over and beyond what we would think they do!  Our coaches are at middle school games as well as freshmen, jv and varsity games.  These guys don't always get the thanks that they deserve!  Thanks so much to the coaches and their families for sharing them so much with our kids! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin