PNG @ Lumberton

oldcoach

I don't know what you mean by riff raff, but as someone that graduated from PNG and now has younger kids in Lumberton, I went and watched my first Lumberton Varsity Volleyball game and I dont think I could have picked a better game to go watch. The ladies on the court for both teams gave it everything they had. I am a fan of these Lumberton ladies and will be attending the playoff games if my schedule allows me to. Lumberton from my understanding is a yound team. The student body for Lumberton was in full force like I have never seen before at a HS Volleyball game. It was nice to see so many kids from the student body attend a Volleyball game. I'm sure you probably heard the students were acting up, but all that I saw was the student body fully engaged and cheering very loud. There was some booing of one young lady for PNG that I believe used to attend Lumberton, so I'm sure people took that the wrong way. I did see a PNG parent or fan come across the court after the game pointing and shaking his finger at somebody but dont know what that was about. It was a very intense and hard fought battle that could have easily went Lumberton's way. Great game to both teams and Good Luck in the playoffs to both teams. 

Booing a young lady from PNG that used to go to Lumberton and "people might have taken it the wrong way...."  :o  Not from either of these schools but where was Administration....Sounds like a lack of class right here....Congrat's to PNG for staying focused and getting the WIN!!!

Haters gonna hate.
My daughter doesn't go to either school but has played with and against girls from both schools.  Competition that matters is a GOOD thing.  I do believe booing a former student is uncalled for.  Got to remember you're dealing with 15-18 year olds.
At our game last night the opposing students were yelling out our girls boyfriends names when they came up to serve.  I thought that was creative and hilarious!
It was probably the best thing they could come up with......while they were taking a 3-0 loss. ;)
Here's hoping that Lumberton and PNG meet again soon in the playoffs.

There was some booing of one young lady for PNG that I believe used to attend Lumberton, so I'm sure people took that the wrong way. I did see a PNG parent or fan come across the court after the game pointing and shaking his finger at somebody but dont know what that was about. It was a very intense and hard fought battle that could have easily went Lumberton's way. Great game to both teams and Good Luck in the playoffs to both teams[color=red][/color]

Sounds like classless riff raff to me from lumberton to me.

As a mom who has had her kid harassed by a team at their gym by their student body, I can tell you it is not cool, but somehow it is allowed and considered "funny".  There is a lot of water under this bridge with the kids and this player, but from a parent's perspective, knowing what all the issues are, my heart went out to her and her mom/family.  However, did I think she was singled out and harassed by the crowd the entire game? No. I thought the player played well and didn't really let it show that they bothered her. She played as well as I have ever seen her play even when she was a Lady Raider.  Kuddos to her.

The majority of the student body that was in attendance were there to support their Lady Raiders and the lone senior for her Senior Night. The Volleyball program has not made the playoffs since the 1990s, and this is a very exciting time. And of course anytime any team is playing an undefeated team, they have a target on them. Everyone wants to be the one to take them down, or at least make them work hard for that win. Last night's game was the most exciting game of the season, and the crowd was the wildest it's been all season (close to second to the Ozen game).

The Lady Rockanoos played with the passion that has made them remain undefeated during district play. They never gave up, even when they were down two games to start with. This team should go far in the playoffs. Great coach, great kids, lots of talent.

The Lady Raiders wanted that win more than any other win this season. They wanted it for them. They wanted it for their new coach. They wanted it for their senior. They left everything they had on that court last night. It just wasn't enough. 

This Raider team is young, and I can't wait to see what they will do in the future. Keep up the hard work, and enjoy the ride, ladies!

[quote name="raidermom01" post="1308775" timestamp="1351105658"]
As a mom who has had her kid harassed by a team at their gym by their student body, I can tell you it is not cool, but somehow it is allowed and considered "funny".  There is a lot of water under this bridge with the kids and this player, but from a parent's perspective, knowing what all the issues are, my heart went out to her and her mom/family.  However, did I think she was singled out and harassed by the crowd the entire game? No. I thought the player played well and didn't really let it show that they bothered her. She played as well as I have ever seen her play even when she was a Lady Raider.  Kuddos to her.

The majority of the student body that was in attendance were there to support their Lady Raiders and the lone senior for her Senior Night. The Volleyball program has not made the playoffs since the 1990s, and this is a very exciting time. And of course anytime any team is playing an undefeated team, they have a target on them. Everyone wants to be the one to take them down, or at least make them work hard for that win. Last night's game was the most exciting game of the season, and the crowd was the wildest it's been all season (close to second to the Ozen game).

The Lady Rockanoos played with the passion that has made them remain undefeated during district play. They never gave up, even when they were down two games to start with. This team should go far in the playoffs. Great coach, great kids, lots of talent.

The Lady Raiders wanted that win more than any other win this season. They wanted it for them. They wanted it for their new coach. They wanted it for their senior. They left everything they had on that court last night. It just wasn't enough. 

This Raider team is young, and I can't wait to see what they will do in the future. Keep up the hard work, and enjoy the ride, ladies!
[/quote]

Great post. 

Sounds like the Lady Raiders are going to be contenders for years to come!  Congrats on that!  Wishing you success throughout the playoffs! GO 20-4A!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder