Anyone make the Jasper Co-op Meeting for Campbell leases

rip2506

[quote name="marshman" post="1306998" timestamp="1350921376"]
Me too.  I've heard that all Campbell leases were going to either MLD or LAMPS next season.
[/quote]

Our lease which is Campbell controlled has been on LAMPS for at least 10yrs.. my understanding is Campbell is going to try to take us all through the progression of MLD to reach Level 3 eventually.

My biggest concern this year was the fact we were all suppose to do camera and spot light surveys this past summer ( late August early Sept) to get a inventory of the herd to set allocations for harvest and I was curious to know who did their homework.

LAMPS is nothing more than using doe permits instead of regular tags, most of the times you get 1 permit per 100acres, in some situtations you get more if thought to need more does taken. It does allow you to take does all season with the permits. One thing you have to worry about when going to MLD is loosing your lease or going UP on lease fees which WILL happen sooner or later...

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="marshman" post="1307997" timestamp="1351009569"]
Have you noticed any difference being on LAMPS?  is the hunting any better or worse and how is the overall herd doing with regards to size/weights?
[/quote]

Not really.... the crazy thing is we receive 11 permits per year and only kill 3 or 4 does each year. We never tag out on does... and it is not because we are not trying and being selective.

As far as our herd goes we have a few  nice deer in my humble opinion
We have one 5.5yr old 9 pt that will score in the mid 130's if given the chance to be killed... he is a smart Old Coot.

but we always kill more bucks than does and it's not by choice it's just what presents more opportunities... If I had to guess and this is not scientific just based on past harvest trends we have more bucks than does per capita. I have only killed one doe on our lease in hunting there for 10years and I only passed on one once and that was last year and that will not happen again. I hunt in the far south end of our lease and I have all the buck pictures in the Summer and my Northern neighbors have all the does.. so guess where my bucks go come Rut.... you guessed it that all haul butt to the North and Central part of our lease.

Sunday morning my friend shot a nice 8pt 15 1/4 inside spread that went 110 to 112 and weighed 158lb live weight and 132 field dressed.. he was a big body deer.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder