VIDOR AT BEAUMONT CENTRAL BROADCAST/VIDOR WINS 40-21!

WOSgrad

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1306147" timestamp="1350795245"]
hey, BG. i enjoyed sitting with you in the second half. nice to have someone unbiased to enjoy the game with. let me know if your coming to the liv game and i'll get you a ticket. infact, i already have one for ya.
[/quote] Same here man.  8)

First off i'd like to thank Trocket for the pre-game meal and into the Butch, wish i could have sat with you and liltex but im afraid of heights.

Secondly, Montana is the best football player in SETX, period, not a doubt in my mind after tonight. He's the MVP of 20-4A.

Now, this was the absolute worst officiating job in a football game that i have witnessed since those Midland refs tried to mess Abilene Cooper over in a game in 2010 versus Odessa Permian. Awful, and im being nice by saying that because i dont want to get banned. For the folks who were there, you know exactly what im getting at.  ;)

As far as Vidor goes: That rushing attack is un-real. These guys really do not have to attempt a pass, they can just run the freaking ball and play smart on D and beat you senseless. Whoever said Vidor couldnt beat Central because of the speed factor---YOU WERE 100% WRONG, Vidor has some burners of their own. Only 2 knocks on Vidor: I wished they passed more, a few plays the WR was wide-opened, dont know where the Central CB was. The other thing, leave your scoreboard operator in Vidor, he tried to give Central extra time at the end of the 1st half. LOL  ;D

As far as Central goes: Soulja, you were 100% dead on about the coaching and decision making, and imma leave it at that. Central o-line is really just plain bad IMO, every play on offense it seem to have 2-3 Vidor defenders in R. Mitchell face, it seriously looked like the left side of the o-line was just letting ppl thru, i saw no adjustment to keep that middle guy occupied. I'll say this also, if R.Mitchell had the coaching that WB provided to its QBs when Stump was there, Mitchell would be one of the top QBs in Region 3 as far as Senior QBs. If it wasnt for him tonight Jags would have gotten blown out the water before halftime.

Oh, one more thing on Central, one of your CBs looked lost out there about 70% of the plays on D, just a heads up for Livingston, it would behoove him to get right before next week.

Overall good Homecoming game (other than the refs making it 3 hours long smdh).

Oh, Central band is great, they were loud all night long.  8)

(PSA: there were several mid-county people at this game on Vidor side tonight (specifically NEDERLAND) ;))

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="daddy23" post="1306142" timestamp="1350794771"]
I didn't think the refs were 1 sided, just not very good.  And even though they called 50 penalties, they lost control of the game.

Mitchell, QB, for Central really impressed me.  He was amazing at almost all aspects of the game!  His WRs made some big plays,but they also had some bad drops.  The rest of the support on offense could use some help.  I think Cental remains a tough matchup every week.  Kudos to the Jags on a hard fought game.

Congrats to the whole Pirate team.  It takes a whole team to win a game and lots of different kids made big plays tonight.  But I can't believe that ai just watched Quirante score 6 TDs, and it didn't even seem too surprising.  Amazing, he is, too watch!

Go Pirates!
[/quote] great post.

Shows What good gameplanning and coaching can do.  # 23 IS the stay on both defense and offense.  Those guys find a way to make it work at after play.  Coming into this game, you can tell what those guys worked on leading to this game.  They were going to have everyone watching our QB.  When he scrambled, they closed down the middle, and knowing they could because of our horrible I
O-line play (this was in the scouting report).  They were going to bring pressure at Mitchell because if he is rushed, he'll be less effective on the long play (scouting report).  They know we'd run the option play 15 times and they knew they could blow it up in the backfield because they were discipline (scouting report).  They knew that on offense, their o-line could punk us all night (scouting report) and that we could not tackle well (arm tackles and bad angles to fly to the football) (do you get my point?).  And on top of that, they knew our special teams coverage is trash when every game we let teams return in the middle of the field to advance all the way into our territory (HELLO?!). 

I a very out of touch older Jag fan at the beginning of this game,' Last year Vidor held back because of the fallen Matthew Thomas.  This year, their unrestrained.  That came true.  Then he mad another asinine comment.  He said Quirante  runs a 4.5 In a 40.  I shook my head and said, 'sir, no one on that field with the exception of 2 players non on vidor's  team, runs a 4.5.  This gentleman defended our staff and credited the kids for this poor performance.  So you know I are him  up like yesterday's lunch.  Smh

All and all, just like I've been saying, we can take losses to Nederland and Vidor and still make the playoffs by beating Livingston and LC-M.  It starts now, Jags.  Btw, 1 of 2 good things can happen this year.  We  make can make the playoffs and make this season a success or miss the playoffs for a second consecutive year then after that, _______ is _______. 

You may be able to make the playoffs by just beating LCM, but both those 2 wins would make you a lock.  Vidor fans should all be rooting for the Jags from here on out.  We want the #1 seed in Div2.  But we have to beat Livingston to make that happen.  Good luck to the Jags!

[quote name="baddog" post="1306245" timestamp="1350826042"]
Haven't read the whole thread. Any Quirante (sp.) stats.

BTW, great victory for Vidor. Looks as though everyone likes playing at Da Butch. Nice stadium indeed.
[/quote] I would prefer the opposing team to NOT line playing  at our house.  ;D

[quote name="daddy23" post="1306242" timestamp="1350824858"]
You may be able to make the playoffs by just beating LCM, but both those 2 wins would make you a lock.  [b]Vidor fans should all be rooting for the Jags from here on out.[/b]  We want the #1 seed in Div2.  But we have to beat Livingston to make that happen.  Good luck to the Jags!
[/quote]

That is the truth.  Vidor would avoid a 1st round matchup with Dayton or Summer Creek if Central can make the playoffs.

1              2                3              4            Total
Vidor            13            13              0              14            40
Central          0              14              0              7              21

Scoring summary
VID -- Montana Quirante 38-yard run (Michael Tamayo kick), 5:51, 1st.
VID -- Montana Quirante 20-yard run (kick failed), 2:28, 1st.
VID -- Montana Quirante 21-yard run (pass failed), 7:44, 2nd.
BCT -- Robert Mitchell 3-yard run (Xavier Morris kick), 6:49, 2nd.
VID -- Montana Quirante 14-yard run (Michael Tamayo kick), 1:27, 2nd.
BCT -- Robert Mitchell 1-yard run (Xavier Morris kick), 0:20, 2nd.
BCT -- Robert Mitchell 25-yard run (Xavier Morris kick), 10:21, 4th.
VID -- Montana Quirante 1-yard run (Michael Tamayo kick), 6:57, 4th.
VID -- Montana Quirante 18-yard run (Michael Tamayo kick), 1:37, 4th.

Team Stats

Vidor                              Central
Total yards                      436                                  218
First downs                      18                                    16
Rushes/Yds                    46/413                              28/35
Average rush                    8.98                                1.25
Comp/Atts                      2/4/1                              13/31/1
Pass yards                        23                                  183
Comp pct                        50                                  41.94
Fumbles/Lost                    1/1                                  1/0
Penalties-yards              13-119                              14-115

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1306425" timestamp="1350846506"]
Central shouldnt be running the spread 80% of the time with the kind of O-Line they have. They aint built for the spread offense. Down-field blocking, not pass protection is their best out.
[/quote]

I totally agree, I can't remember a single time that they even tried to run up the middle.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1306425" timestamp="1350846506"]
Central shouldnt be running the spread 80% of the time with the kind of O-Line they have. They aint built for the spread offense. Down-field blocking, not pass protection is their best out.
[/quote] I agree.  We used to line up in the I-formation and have a pretty salty fb, but I hadn't seen him in weeks.

The only comment I will make about that game is, it was the worst officiated game I have ever seen, on any level.  I realize all officials miss calls, but there were a couple of guys out there that had to be watching a different game than the one on the field and the ring leader was the head official in the white hat.  Im glad somebody finally told him to quit calling out the number of the player who was flagged...these are high school players and that isnt supposed to happen at that level. 

[quote name="texas2step4u" post="1306625" timestamp="1350865495"]
The only comment I will make about that game is, it was the worst officiated game I have ever seen, on any level.  I realize all officials miss calls, but there were a couple of guys out there that had to be watching a different game than the one on the field and the ring leader was the head official in the white hat. [b] Im glad somebody finally told him to quit calling out the number of the player who was flagged...these are high school players and that isnt supposed to happen at that level. [/b]
[/quote] He probably was one of the Replacement Refs the NFL had, seriously.

Good job Pirates! Forget the refs and play ball. Get ready for next week. Also, just wanted to say we had some Nederland fans sit with us at the game and they were pretty cool to sit with. You guys are welcome at our games any time. Good luck Central.

[quote name="liltex" post="1306157" timestamp="1350795765"]
Great sat of all day & half the night hs fb.Enjoyed the company tonight w/da Vidor fans were great,Trocket & I enjoyed the company.Here's your gm Stats:Vidor 18 1st dwns- 436 tot yds-46 rushes=413 yds pass 2/4/1 int=23 yds 1 punt fumbles 1/1 penalties 13=119?were does the odd 9 come from?Montana leading rusher 23=248=6 tds      *Central 16 1st dwns-218 tot yds-rush 28=35 yds pass 13/31/1 int=183 yds  5 punts 1/0 fumbles  penalties=14=115 yds  Total penalties=27=234 yds made for a longgggggggggg game ;) 8)
[/quote]

Sat just a couple rows in front of you, was on front row of upper deck. Needless to say my nephew has permanently banned me from his games. By far his worst game ever 9 carries for 41 yards. So no more long trips to Texas will just listen if its broadcasted and keep track on SETXSports.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    julianhudges
    Newest Member
    julianhudges