VIDOR AT BEAUMONT CENTRAL BROADCAST/VIDOR WINS 40-21!

WOSgrad

[quote name="pirates78" post="1306125" timestamp="1350793396"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=104958.msg1306121#msg1306121 date=1350792836]
I don't think he was biased... He called several holding penalties on central. We have to be smarter than that.
[/quote]

We must've been at two different games.
[/quote]didn't say they were good.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="19bulldog88" post="1306132" timestamp="1350794014"]
[quote author=VidorGrad-88 link=topic=104958.msg1306023#msg1306023 date=1350786170]
It's alot like playing against nederland, you play against the bulldogs and the ref's every game.
[/quote]

You poor baby

[/quote]

I would take the refs from the Ned game over that crew any day of the week.

[quote name="pirate68" post="1306121" timestamp="1350792836"]
I don't think he was biased... He called several holding penalties on central. We have to be smarter than that.
[/quote]

Sorry I disagree, but I do. If he wasn't, then he doesn't need to be officiating high school football. He was personally responsible for 70 plus yards of penalties on us including the sacking the quarteback with ball 15 yard penalty. As head referee he's also responsible for the extra point central shouldn't have on their second score. They don't get a rekick on their penalty. He called back two TDs with holding calls on arunning football team yet jon boy must have been tackled about 10 times while mitchell scrambled around. He killed pirate drives and kept central alive. I really would like to see his stats for the night. Horrible. I try my best not to talk about officiating (other than messin with ned) because I was a soccer ref for 15 years but I can't let this one go. That sort of thing gets kids hurt.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1306111" timestamp="1350792007"]
[quote author=Piratediehard link=topic=104958.msg1306097#msg1306097 date=1350790844]
Quirante 40 jags 21
[/quote)

[b]Quirante 40, head ref 14, jags 7.[/b] That was the most disgusting display of bias by one person I have ever seen. And, I really don't care what anyone thinks about that statement. Those are our kids out there and that stuff infuriates me...it's how kids get hurt just for starters. The game film needs to go to the UIL and at this person needs to go to the kiddie leagues.
[/quote]
you took the words right out of my mouth.(or keyboard)

Flag happy refs. Both sides were affected. Vidor got the win regardless and would've gotten the win even if the refs were completely against them. They were that good on defense. Mitchell was running for his life the whole time. Vidor fans, don't get too greedy.  ;D

I didn't think the refs were 1 sided, just not very good.  And even though they called 50 penalties, they lost control of the game.

Mitchell, QB, for Central really impressed me.  He was amazing at almost all aspects of the game!  His WRs made some big plays,but they also had some bad drops.  The rest of the support on offense could use some help.  I think Cental remains a tough matchup every week.  Kudos to the Jags on a hard fought game.

Congrats to the whole Pirate team.  It takes a whole team to win a game and lots of different kids made big plays tonight.  But I can't believe that ai just watched Quirante score 6 TDs, and it didn't even seem too surprising.  Amazing, he is, too watch!

Go Pirates!

[quote name="pirate68" post="1306121" timestamp="1350792836"]
[/quote]
the first holding call on central came in the third qurter. 3 total for the game. pass interferances called on tipped passes. heck one was knocked in a different direction. not to mention the intentional grounding that he was going to call(the right call)until the central coaches talked him out of it. i could go on. but i wont. it wasn't enough, WE STILL WON inspite of. time to move on.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1306136" timestamp="1350794531"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=104958.msg1306121#msg1306121 date=1350792836]
[/quote]

Sorry I disagree, but I do. If he wasn't, then he doesn't need to be officiating high school football. He was personally responsible for 70 plus yards of penalties on us including the sacking the quarteback with ball 15 yard penalty. As head referee he's also responsible for the extra point central shouldn't have on their second score. They don't get a rekick on their penalty. He called back two TDs with holding calls on arunning football team yet jon boy must have been tackled about 10 times while mitchell scrambled around. He killed pirate drives and kept central alive. I really would like to see his stats for the night. Horrible. I try my best not to talk about officiating (other than messin with ned) because I was a soccer ref for 15 years but I can't let this one go. That sort of thing gets kids hurt.
[/quote]I agree they were bad Rob but on that sack our player got up and leaned over Mitchell and gave a salute.He got called for taunting. Jeff gave the young man an ear full on the sideline

[quote name="PinoNDN" post="1306141" timestamp="1350794727"]
Flag happy refs. Both sides were affected. Vidor got the win regardless and would've gotten the win even if the refs were completely against them. They were that good on defense. Mitchell was running for his life the whole time. Vidor fans, don't get too greedy.  ;D
[/quote]Mitchell was indeed running for his life. He's a great player on a really bad team. If they didn't have him they would not have a lick of offense

Either he knew what he was looking at or he / they shouldn't be officiating. We won the game but that's not the point; if you don't know what you're doing it's even worse. Again, either he / they are doing it on purpose or they have to go...it doesn't teach the kids anthing good. Call it right or get out.

[quote name="daddy23" post="1306142" timestamp="1350794771"]
I didn't think the refs were 1 sided, just not very good.  And even though they called 50 penalties, they lost control of the game.

Mitchell, QB, for Central really impressed me.  He was amazing at almost all aspects of the game!  His WRs made some big plays,but they also had some bad drops.  The rest of the support on offense could use some help.  I think Cental remains a tough matchup every week.  Kudos to the Jags on a hard fought game.

Congrats to the whole Pirate team.  It takes a whole team to win a game and lots of different kids made big plays tonight.  But I can't believe that ai just watched Quirante score 6 TDs, and it didn't even seem too surprising.  Amazing, he is, too watch!

Go Pirates!
[/quote]

Great Post... I agree, not necessarly biased just not very good officiating at all

Great sat of all day & half the night hs fb.Enjoyed the company tonight w/da Vidor fans were great,Trocket & I enjoyed the company.Here's your gm Stats:Vidor 18 1st dwns- 436 tot yds-46 rushes=413 yds pass 2/4/1 int=23 yds 1 punt fumbles 1/1 penalties 13=119?were does the odd 9 come from?Montana leading rusher 23=248=6 tds      *Central 16 1st dwns-218 tot yds-rush 28=35 yds pass 13/31/1 int=183 yds  5 punts 1/0 fumbles  penalties=14=115 yds  Total penalties=27=234 yds made for a longgggggggggg game ;) 8)

TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW!!!! Good win for the Vidor team. Yeah I was there and the refs did get a bit outta hand. With me bein a Jaguar fan. I actually think they threw at least 20 flags in the 3rd quarter alone. Just so the game would get to far outta hand in Vidors favor. The Jags get Tebowed all night. TEBOW OVERLOADED

[quote name="bulldogfan22" post="1306163" timestamp="1350796002"]
Any keep tabs on how long central had possion of the ball in the 3rd quarter? Must have been the longest in history!!
[/quote]
at least 9 minutes on the marathon penalty possesion that kept giving them a first every time we stopped them.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1306167" timestamp="1350796231"]
[quote author=bulldogfan22 link=topic=104958.msg1306163#msg1306163 date=1350796002]
Any keep tabs on how long central had possion of the ball in the 3rd quarter? Must have been the longest in history!!
[/quote]
at least 9 minutes on the marathon penalty possesion that kept giving them a first every time we stopped them.
[/quote]

9 minutes of ball possession and they only netted what, 15...20 yards at most? Great job by the Vidor D.

[quote name="pirates78" post="1306177" timestamp="1350796681"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=104958.msg1306167#msg1306167 date=1350796231]
[quote author=bulldogfan22 link=topic=104958.msg1306163#msg1306163 date=1350796002]
[/quote]
[/quote]

9 minutes of ball possession and they only netted what, 15...20 yards at most? Great job by the Vidor D.
[/quote]
23 yards. yes, defensive domination.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hijove
    Newest Member
    hijove