will Buna make the playoffs??

[quote name="jaybay7" post="1306062" timestamp="1350788952"]
WOS and silsbee are the only teams that are a level above 10-2A. And neither team is above Newton. DJ can out play any one in that 3A district as far as talent goes. FACT.
[/quote]

Disagree with that..Newton can't hang with WOS. In fact, have never beaten WOS. Now, that is not degrading Newton, who just might take it all this year. But don't compare them to WOS (at least not this year).

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1306144" timestamp="1350795048"]
[quote author=jaybay7 link=topic=104911.msg1306062#msg1306062 date=1350788952]
WOS and silsbee are the only teams that are a level above 10-2A. And neither team is above Newton. DJ can out play any one in that 3A district as far as talent goes. FACT.
[/quote]

Disagree with that..Newton can't hang with WOS. In fact, have never beaten WOS. Now, that is not degrading Newton, who just might take it all this year. But don't compare them to WOS (at least not this year).
[/quote]
I agree. Newton can not hang with WOS this year. Maybe in some years, but not this year. And correct on have never beaten them.

[quote name="XDOG" post="1305951" timestamp="1350781214"]
Which is why i wish nothing good this year for Buna. You got on this board talking all kinds of crap of how its no difference. You might have been up 24 on BC but in the end you were down. Thats what counts.  Get it straight yall didnt give BC anything. BC came out second half and TOOK that game from yall. Yall can compete this year. Better hang on to that cause if BC Oranfefield or HF have a really good team like they do often yall will be in serious trouble. Cant believe i let dome of you Buna folks get me upset. Just funny how you down play everyone and act like yalls crap dont stink. Oh by the way cant wait til y'all meet Hayden Guidry this year. We'll see if there's no difference then either. Good luck with that. 8)
[/quote]

Chill out XDOG dont know what got your panties in a wad. For one i didnt "talk all kinds of crap". I dont know what i said that was so offensive?  for two, Dont give me the lame "its the final score that counts" speech. You dont think i know that? and did i even argue it? No. i dont make excuses. I didnt say we gave em anything?  BC won the game. Well deserved. They made 2nd half adjustments and did an excellent job. They did take it from us and they earned it. The point i was making is that we had/have a good shot at making playoffs. Look at the name of this thread! And in 2a we were in the same boat if not worse. thats a FACT. so i dont see how your mad. Third. PLEASE tell me when the last time OF or HF have had a "good" football team? are you serious? and "act like my crap doesnt stink"?  i do believe in the last line i said "Im not saying Buna is great"?? and for the record BC is the school i would give credit to as normally being good. So i really wasnt even referring to you or your school. But they are down this year and is why im saying THIS year its not much of a jump if any for Buna. look at the records

I dont know what i said to hurt your feelings that bad. Everything i said can be backed up by facts. That's why i think its funny people say things like "we knew they wouldnt make playoffs moving up to 3a", or "welcome to 3a." and im talking football only. Basketball and baseball are a step up and will be totally different story. that is a huge step up.

If setx/maxpreps is accurate

2012-13
EC beat OF
EC beat HF
EC Lost to HJ by 1

Newton Beat BC
Newton Beat OF

Buna beat HF
Buna beat HJ
Buna lost to BC by 4

[b](Thats 6 out of 8 for 2a)[/b]

2011-12
EC lost to OF by 3
EC beat HJ

Newton Lost to Silsbee by 1

Buna Beat OF
Buna Beat HF

[b](thats 3 out of 5 for 2a)[/b]

2010-11
EC lost to OF by 1
Beat HJ

Buna Lost to of by 5
Beat HF

[b](thats 2 out of 4 for 2a)[/b]

Proofs in the puddin XDOG. 2a has beaten the majority of the 3a's for the past few years. Even the losses from 2a were by just a few points. You can go back even further and there isnt much difference. I know im not the only one that sees this. How do you argue that?  Newton would have a legit shot at 2nd place in this district. EC would have a legit shot at 3rd. ECBUC and ChampionEagles you agree?

Guess I shouldnt have put words in your mouth. This all stems back to when the news first came out that yall were coming to 3a. ALLLOOOTTTT of Buna people on here was basically downing the 3a competition. Like they were so much better than everyone in 3a except silsbee and wos. I just didnt like all the attitude. Everyone knows Buna is always competitive in every sport. Just didnt need the arrogance.

On a different note: [color=red]Third. PLEASE tell me when the last time OF or HF have had a "good" football team? are you serious? [/color]

Might just offend some peeeps ???

[quote name="Cougar4Life" post="1307024" timestamp="1350922472"]

2012-13
EC beat OF
EC beat HF
EC Lost to HJ by 1

Newton Beat BC
Newton Beat OF

Buna beat HF
Buna beat HJ
Buna lost to BC by 4

2011-12
EC lost to OF by 3
EC beat HJ

Buna Beat OF
Buna Beat HF

2010-11
EC lost to OF by 1
Beat HJ

Buna Lost to of by 5
Beat HF

Proofs in the puddin XDOG. 2a has beaten the majority of the 3a's for the past few years. Even the losses from 2a were by just a few points. You can go back even further and there isnt much difference. I know im not the only one that sees this. How do you argue that?  Newton would have a legit shot at 2nd place in this district. EC would have a legit shot at 3rd. ECBUC and ChampionEagles you agree?
[/quote]

For your 2012-2013 comparison, wouldn't that be 4 out of 8 for 2A???

Buna is 3A now...

BC has over 300 kids more than Buna, they are supposed to have won that game against the Coogs.  Buna, HF, OF and HJ would make a very competitive district year in and year out.  Add Kirbyville, Kountze...oh never mind, this was the old 3A district about 10 years ago when Silsbee and WO-S and BC was 4A.  Maybe the new UIL split will help out with this situation. 

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1307170" timestamp="1350929183"]
[quote author=Cougar4Life link=topic=104911.msg1307024#msg1307024 date=1350922472]

2012-13
EC beat OF
EC beat HF
EC Lost to HJ by 1

Newton Beat BC
Newton Beat OF

Buna beat HF
Buna beat HJ
Buna lost to BC by 4

2011-12
EC lost to OF by 3
EC beat HJ

Buna Beat OF
Buna Beat HF

2010-11
EC lost to OF by 1
Beat HJ

Buna Lost to of by 5
Beat HF

[/quote]

For your 2012-2013 comparison, wouldn't that be 4 out of 8 for 2A???

Buna is 3A now...
[/quote]

lol...uh no actually that would be 4 out of 5. and you get the point, he and i were referring to Buna being the 2a not being able to hang with the 3a's.

XDOG i mean no disrespect i understand what you are saying and i apologize if i offended you or anyone. i meant no harm. By "good" football team im referring to people like WOS, Newton, Silsbee. Good on state level not just competitive in district. Buna doesnt and has never fell into that category. I just said that because i cant remember the last time we lost to HF, and we go back and forth with orangefield.  Is 3a overall tougher every game than 2a? Of course, But when weve played HF, HJ, and OF in the past  years and we have won almost all of them, whats the reason to worry? I didnt really see it as arrogance when the stats prove it. But nonetheless, i apologize.

I didn't see the arrogance on here when Buna moved up to 3a maybe i missed it. I assure you I think most of us are pretty rational and realize this makes things tougher overall. We have respect for this district but we have proven making playoffs in football was no long shot. so just kinda makes me wonder when people make the "3a" comments.

Good luck to your cards sir! Wish them the best except the orangefield game  ;D

[quote name="bruno994" post="1307306" timestamp="1350937046"]
BC has over 300 kids more than Buna, they are supposed to have won that game against the Coogs.  Buna, HF, OF and HJ would make a very competitive district year in and year out.  Add Kirbyville, Kountze...oh never mind, this was the old 3A district about 10 years ago when Silsbee and WO-S and BC was 4A.  Maybe the new UIL split will help out with this situation.
[/quote]

21-3A
[b]West Orange-Stark (686)  [/b] 

Silsbee (822.5)

Bridge City (773)

[b]Buna (478)[/b]

Orangefield (520)

Hardin-Jefferson (570)

Hamshire-Fannett (534)

[color=red]Good luck to your cards sir! Wish them the best except the orangefield game  [color=red][/color][/color]

Had to throw that in there? LOL Hopefully they will move yall back down or should i say stay in 3a while we all move up to the new 4a ( which I think is all dumb) I really dont like the 4 playoff teams and the cutting of the tournaments. Good luck to yall the rest of the season.

[quote name="XDOG" post="1308112" timestamp="1351017322"]
[color=red]Good luck to your cards sir! Wish them the best except the orangefield game  [color=red][/color][/color]

Had to throw that in there? LOL Hopefully they will move yall back down or should i say stay in 3a while we all move up to the new 4a ( which I think is all dumb) I really dont like the 4 playoff teams and the cutting of the tournaments. Good luck to yall the rest of the season.
[/quote]

Trust me...its the only time id be rooting for the bobbycats. lol. Ill take it if it gets us in the playoffs.

[quote name="jaybay7" post="1306062" timestamp="1350788952"]
[/quote]

Still [color=maroon]OPINION[/color]
WOS is deffinately above Newton, Silsbee maybe..

[quote name="bigsoftballfan" post="1307460" timestamp="1350949702"]
[quote author=bruno994 link=topic=104911.msg1307306#msg1307306 date=1350937046]
[/quote]

21-3A
[b]West Orange-Stark (686)  [/b] 

Silsbee (822.5)

Bridge City (773)

[b]Buna (478)[/b]

Orangefield (520)

Hardin-Jefferson (570)

Hamshire-Fannett (534)
[/quote]

Its true... Silsbee has a half of a kid.

A new team moving up to a different classification will most likely struggle first year.

WOS / Silsbee is 2 consistent good teams.
BC is ussually puts a good team out too.
21-3A is not too hard of a district to compete in BUT id deffinately say WOS, OF , SILSBEE, and BC are all challenges.. well maybe not OF so much. but still Silsbee and WOS are two hard teams to play, in any 3a district. I can see Buna getting better.. theyll probally be competing next few years for the 3rd spot in 3a

I saw a comment about EC couldve been 3rd spot in 21-3a.. it wouldnt happen. EC would be atleast 4th or 5th IF they were ever 3A

[quote name="sully" post="1308751" timestamp="1351104293"]

A new team moving up to a different classification will most likely struggle first year.

21-3A is not too hard of a district to compete in BUT id deffinately say WOS, OF , SILSBEE, and BC are all challenges.. well maybe not OF so much. but still Silsbee and WOS are two hard teams to play, in any 3a district. I can see Buna getting better.. theyll probally be competing next few years for the 3rd spot in 3a

I saw a comment about EC couldve been 3rd spot in 21-3a.. it wouldnt happen. EC would be atleast 4th or 5th IF they were ever 3A
[/quote]
Wos and Silsbee are the only Teams in that district that are a step ahead..but WOS is ahead of Silsbee..

[quote name="KingJames123" post="1308803" timestamp="1351107039"]
[quote author=sully link=topic=104911.msg1308751#msg1308751 date=1351104293]

[/quote]
Wos and Silsbee are the only Teams in that district that are a step ahead..but WOS is ahead of Silsbee..
[/quote]
We will see Nov 9th my friend!! go TIGERS!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298