What's Your Thought on 20-4A This Year

Lions#80

Guest flyonwall12
[quote name="tjcfan08" post="1314419" timestamp="1351586910"]
[quote author=flyonwall12 link=topic=104890.msg1314272#msg1314272 date=1351563262]
I was at the Vidor scrimmage sat. and they are ready for the season. Beat WOS by 50 and were without one of their top 7 players. This team is 8 or 9 deep this year and is easily in the same league as Central. They do not have height but have insane guard play and can jump. The young Jacks was a step behind but it was her first varsity experience and she should regain the her step by district and their press is still getting the quarks out of it. They are already ahead of where they were at the end of last season.
[/quote]

Wowwwww,  Vidor beat WOS in a Scrimmage by 50.....Now that's something to be proud of.... ::).  I sure hope Vidor does a little more than dribble pass half court and jack the ball......Central and Ozen are the top teams here....and looking forward to seeing what Lumberton has as well....
[/quote]

I was just saying how the scrimmage went. Vidor mostly drove the ball and scored in transition. Took the three only when they had to or when wide open. And Vidor last time I checked was only six deep last year and took Central to ot. Now they are nine deep and thanks to some participating in cross country are already better now then last year.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1315008" timestamp="1351632630"]
We'll see where all y'all are at when Vidor gets first or second in district this year. I'll especially be looking for you bluedove.  8)
[/quote] Hmmm? I'll wear my Vidor t-shirt and sit on Ozen's side if Vidor ..............................................?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1315041" timestamp="1351637421"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104890.msg1315008#msg1315008 date=1351632630]
We'll see where all y'all are at when Vidor gets first or second in district this year. I'll especially be looking for you bluedove.  8)
[/quote] Hmmm? I'll wear my Vidor t-shirt and sit on Ozen's side if Vidor ..............................................?
[/quote]
You feeling a little wager bluedove?

Ozen returns: Nekia Jones (G, F, P), Sanquisha Rawls (F, P), Bealoved Brown (G, F), Jerica Bolin (P, F), Makayla Beckett (G, F), Alexandria Moten (F, P)! This team will have experience, height, speed and depth. They will definitely be hard to beat again this year!

[quote name="JRidge" post="1315325" timestamp="1351690142"]
Ozen returns: Nekia Jones (G, F, P), Sanquisha Rawls (F, P), Bealoved Brown (G, F), Jerica Bolin (P, F), Makayla Beckett (G, F), Alexandria Moten (F, P)! This team will have experience, height, speed and depth. They will definitely be hard to beat again this year!
[/quote] It also says a  lot about your program when you have a kid/player already going into high major D-1 (UT)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1315416" timestamp="1351696907"]
[quote author=JRidge link=topic=104890.msg1315325#msg1315325 date=1351690142]
[/quote] It also says a  lot about your program when you have a kid/player already going into high major D-1 (UT)
[/quote]You right about that ;D

Guest flyonwall12
Read from the Beaumont news that Vidor won 75-73. Richmond with two free throws in the final second. I was not able to attend but heard Vidor was down 7 with around two minutes to go. To open the season with a victory over 3A's #7 team in the final second shows that this team will fight. Hope they keep up this intensity all season. Go Pirates!

They ran when they had to last night they broke H-J's press very well and Richmond was a absolute beast scoring in transition last night and Allison Jacks got rolling last night as well. Both girls had to key baskets late in the game the get them back into it. Vidor looked really good last night and will def make some noise this year. H-J also looked really good. They shot the ball well especially early and rebounded the ball well last night as well. They trashed the visiting locker room last night after the game which really dissapointed me but im sure their coach will take the appropriate measures to address that situation.

[quote name="HFfan5" post="1322581" timestamp="1352300620"]
They ran when they had to last night they broke H-J's press very well and Richmond was a absolute beast scoring in transition last night and Allison Jacks got rolling last night as well. Both girls had to key baskets late in the game the get them back into it. Vidor looked really good last night and will def make some noise this year. H-J also looked really good. They shot the ball well especially early and rebounded the ball well last night as well. They trashed the visiting locker room last night after the game which really dissapointed me but im sure their coach will take the appropriate measures to address that situation.
[/quote]
Get outta here with that bs man. They didn't trash the locker room.

Oh I sure did some dumb things in my youth! In all seriousness though I know as a former athlete, we were all held at a higher standard and im sure it is still the same way today and as long as those talented young ladies learn from that mistake then they will be just fine. They looked good last night. They shot the ball well and for as small as they were they made a ton of shots down low.

[quote name="HFfan5" post="1322612" timestamp="1352302146"]
My two cents just to clarify Coach Jacks and Allison told me they did. I never said anything derogatory towards those girls I was just stating what happend.
[/quote]
Let me get this right. Coach jacks and his daughter told you that they trashed the locker room?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1305246" timestamp="1350703809"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=104890.msg1305238#msg1305238 date=1350703598]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104890.msg1305226#msg1305226 date=1350703316]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=104890.msg1305198#msg1305198 date=1350702738]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104890.msg1304980#msg1304980 date=1350699158]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=104890.msg1304953#msg1304953 date=1350698548]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104890.msg1304519#msg1304519 date=1350677830]
Vidor will take district this year with allison and amber jacks leading the way.
[/quote]
Not going to happen...Vidor takes 3rd or 4th behind Ozen and Central for sure.
[/quote]
No way.
[/quote]
Way!,ha...Ozen 30 something and 1 team returning seriously ticked off over playoff loss and Central returning strong core including one of the best guards in the state.  Vidor has the spunk but not the horsepower to overcome those two.  Liv will be a force too to reckon with.
[/quote]
who does ozen have coming back?
[/quote]
Quite a bit, but one that matters most...UT commit, Nekia Jones.
[/quote]
Okay. I'll give you that one. Ozen will give us a run for our money for the dc but really? Central? They lost there star man. They will be good but not as good as last year.
[/quote]  lost what star?  Malena Washington retunior year..  She lead a young Jaguar team as a junior.