21-3A predictions

Texfan

Should probably come down again to OF, HJ, and HF.  I think the district overall will be more competitive than in previous years, so I would not be surprised to see any of the other teams in the mix.  Also if OF and HJ have long runs in the volleyball playoffs they both may have a slow start but should be ok by the time district rolls around.

Hj has lost key starters every year.... the guards they have coming back may be the best group they have had in a good while..

While the race is always open each year,  39-1 in the past 4 years and 30-0 in the last 3 years speaks for itself about replacing key starters.
Don't think volleyball run will affect basketball..

• 2 weeks later...
This district on the girl's side is unable to do well in playoffs and for the life of me I can not figure out why.  Everyone on here talks highly of these players and they have not had near the success that the boys in this district have had.  It is something that is never discussed but if you are Orangefield and HJ(which one 30 straight district games) do not have a regional finals appearance that is hard to believe with all the passionate voices on this board.  Maybe the kids are not as passionate as the adults

It will be HJ AND OF at the top easily.  HF lost significant seniors last year.  Only 1 significant senior and 2 significant juniors for HF are returning and they have no significant size coming back.....maybe some JVers.  And one of those juniors seems to have lost heart for the game.  SO i will say the 3rd spot is up for grabs this year.

Buna should be in hunt. Top 2 teams are what everyone figures, but fight will be for 3rd place. Everyone talking HF and they lost alot I thought. Girls didn't seem to mesh with coach and that group seemed to be HF best chance. We seem to beat the younger grades on a regular basis, with just one or two good players in each class. Heard if not all BB probably shouldn't play in new direction. HF numbers I didn't think would let that work, smaller schools have to try and get the best athletes to be on every sport.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho