[b]Users left to make a pick:[/b]

[s]ccswarrior[/s]
bronco.football11
[s]olddadt49[/s]
[s]Toups Graphics[/s]

Picks due by Friday at 5 PM!!
[/quote]
[/quote]

Should Ozen win tomorrow, everyone will advance except for the 2 users who did not pick this week. Looking at 23 at the most, 22 at the least that will be advancing to Week 8!! Starting to think we might have multiple winners in this challenge at the end of Week 10!

Barbers Hill - 0
Crosby - 0
New Caney - 0
Summer Creek - 0
Dayton - 5
Porter - 0
C.E. King - 0
Kingwood - 2
Humble - 0
Nederland - 3
Lumberton - 0
PNG - 0
Ozen - 1
Central - 0
Livingston - 12
LCM - 0
Vidor - 0

I've thought about that but what if someone advances to the playoffs and has picked 7 of the 8 teams from districts 19 & 20-4A and only has 1 more team to pick from? Too many things that could go wrong. On the other hand, when playoffs rolls around I've been thinking about starting a bracket challenge. Similar to the NCAA basketball bracket challenge that everyone does. I was gonna see if people would be interested in that before I started it though

Once all the playoff positions are solidified, just pick who you think will win each game all the way to the state champion. All brackets have to be completed and turned in [b]before[/b] the playoffs start though, no altering brackets during playoffs. You get 10 points for each team you pick that advances to Area, for each team you correctly pick to advance to Regionals you get 20 points, each team picked correctly to get to Quaterfinals is 40 points a piece, each team picked correctly to get to the Semi-Finals is 80 points a piece, each team picked correctly to get to the State Championship is worth 160 points a piece, and finally correctly picking the State Champion is worth 360 points. This would be the scoring format:

Area - ____ out of 320 points
Regionals - ____ out of 320 points
Quarterfinals - ____ out of 320 points
Semi-Finals - ____ out of 320 points
Finals - ____ out of 320 points
State Champion - ____ out of 320 points

Remember, the brackets are [b]completely[/b] filled out [b]before[/b] the playoffs start. This is not a week by week prediction, you fill your bracket out all the way to picking a State Champion. This makes it challenging, if you pick a team to advance to the Semi-Finals and they lose the first game and don't advance to Area you'll miss out on 10 points from Area, 20 points from Regionals, 40 points from Quarterfinals, and 80 points from Semi-Finals. Get the concept? If I can get enough people interested I'll run it on here.

[quote name="BigRed42" post="1305334" timestamp="1350706442"]
Should Ozen win tomorrow, everyone will advance except for the 2 users who did not pick this week. Looking at 23 at the most, 22 at the least that will be advancing to Week 8!! Starting to think we might have[b] multiple winners in this challenge at the end of Week 10[/b]!

Barbers Hill - 0
Crosby - 0
New Caney - 0
Summer Creek - 0
Dayton - 5
Porter - 0
C.E. King - 0
Kingwood - 2
Humble - 0
Nederland - 3
Lumberton - 0
PNG - 0
Ozen - 1
Central - 0
Livingston - 12
LCM - 0
Vidor - 0
[/quote]
TOLD YA CHANGE IT TO WHERE YOU PICK A LOSER EVERY WEEK AND IT WOULD BE HARDER  ;)

Here was my thought. For all the users that make it through Week 10, take all the teams they picked and add up all their records for a total win-loss record. The user with the most losses wins, cause he/she picked the worst teams through out the contest, or in other words the hardest teams to pick. Only problem with this is that if this condition would have been announced at the beginning of this contest, some users strategies might have changed from their current strategies. The guessing the score idea isn't a bad idea either.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1306112" timestamp="1350792090"]
Easy. Just have a tiebreaker for week 10. Everybody still in picks their team for week 10 and then also the score for their game. Out of the people that are correct for their pick, the closest to the actual score can win....
[/quote]
i like this^^^^

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder