Peewee Week 7 scores

Blah......blah...blah...everyone knows that they brought all the best Players from gold last year to blue this year.  Say what you want about stacked or not but that's football.  60/40 rule is in place but their 60 are all returners.  Keep up the good work and maybe they can keep them all together next year like they did from flag.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LilBobcatMom" post="1300075" timestamp="1350182744"]
From the STJFL Bylaws:

ARTICLE XII: DRAFTING OF TEAMS

SECTION 1:

1        Players shall return to the team from the previous season if they qualify for the same division.
[/quote]

Thank you bobcat mom. So many people have something to say when they have no clue what they are talking about.

I honestly dont understand why everyone tries so hard to bring Bmt B down. Constantly accusing them of wrong doings. Cruel world we live in. Poor kids, i feel sorry for the examples they are being shown by there parents and the world they will have to grow up in.

[quote name="Bmt Pride" post="1300092" timestamp="1350183398"]
[quote author=LilBobcatMom link=topic=104629.msg1300075#msg1300075 date=1350182744]
From the STJFL Bylaws:

SECTION 1:

1        Players shall return to the team from the previous season if they qualify for the same division.
[/quote]

Thank you bobcat mom. So many people have something to say when they have no clue what they are talking about.

I honestly dont understand why everyone tries so hard to bring Bmt B down. Constantly accusing them of wrong doings. Cruel world we live in. Poor kids, i feel sorry for the examples they are being shown by there parents and the world they will have to grow up in.
[/quote]

Not at all trying to 'bring Bmt B down'.  I genuinely think that it sounds like stacking to me.  We have 3 teams in Pee Wee too and all of our returners did not all go back to one team.  Guess it was a league decision.  Can't anyone on here ask a question without hurting Beaumont's feelings?  Come on' now!

[quote name="HouseMama" post="1300100" timestamp="1350183646"]
[quote author=Bmt Pride link=topic=104629.msg1300092#msg1300092 date=1350183398]
[quote author=LilBobcatMom link=topic=104629.msg1300075#msg1300075 date=1350182744]
From the STJFL Bylaws:

SECTION 1:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not at all trying to 'bring Bmt B down'.  I genuinely think that it sounds like stacking to me.  We have 3 teams in Pee Wee too and all of our returners did not all go back to one team.  Guess it was a league decision.  Can't anyone on here ask a question without hurting Beaumont's feelings?  Come on' now!
[/quote]

Well then you seem to be breaking the rules according the STJFL Bylaws if your kids didn't return to their previous team. Why would they be moved to different teams and split up? How did you get away with that?

SECTION 1:

http://www.stjfl.net/bylaws.htm

[quote name="HouseMama" post="1300100" timestamp="1350183646"]
[quote author=Bmt Pride link=topic=104629.msg1300092#msg1300092 date=1350183398]
From the STJFL Bylaws:

SECTION 1:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
It's not about Beaumont's feelings getting hurt, but 75% of the post on this forum is about BMT B.  Ask yourself why is that, everyone is looking for ways to take these kids down.  Since they can't do it on the field, the try to do it behind closed doors.  So get of the gas and just allow these kids to play and win gracefully.  Its not BMT B fault that your teams don't know the rules. SMH!!!!  :o

[quote name="Bmt Pride" post="1300108" timestamp="1350184129"]
Believe me, my feeling are not hurt. The first part of my post was for you housemama. "not knowing what ur talking about". The other part was just a general statement for the pages upon pages of post about the Bmt B team.
[/quote]

No other league creates teams like Beaumont.  You know it's true.  I'm just glad that my child is not on the Bmt Gold team.  That must suck knowing that your kid was not even going to have a chance to be on a team with returners.  All newbies and not able to ever join in on a winning team that has been together since Flag.  Hey - Congrats for having such an awesome team. I am not taking that away from any of the BMT people.  I'm just stating the obvious.  No need for you to be rude Bmt Pride. 

BMT does not have 3 Pee Wee teams, we have 2, just like we did last year so all boys returned to their previous team. There were only 54 kids signed up for Pee Wee so the teams were split 27 and 27. There was no need to expand. [b]More facts[/b]. I'm not sure why I even bother to explain anything to all the know-it-alls on here anyway.  :o Were you at BMT's draft? No. Are you a Board Member for BMT or a parent of a BMT player? No. Are you an STJFL Board Member? No. Then you don't know anything about our draft or teams or why we have 2 or why these kids are on this team and not this one. So think before you accuse BMT of stacking.

[quote name="youthinkyouknow" post="1300112" timestamp="1350184372"]
[quote author=HouseMama link=topic=104629.msg1300100#msg1300100 date=1350183646]
From the STJFL Bylaws:

SECTION 1:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well then you seem to be breaking the rules according the STJFL Bylaws if your kids didn't return to their previous team. Why would they be moved to different teams and split up? How did you get away with that?

SECTION 1:

[/quote]

NOPE!  Not breaking any rules.  Players return to the team they played on the year before..... purple, white, green, black, blue... whatever it was.  Everyone does not go to ONE team. 

[quote name="HouseMama" post="1300125" timestamp="1350184774"]
[quote author=Bmt Pride link=topic=104629.msg1300108#msg1300108 date=1350184129]
Believe me, my feeling are not hurt. The first part of my post was for you housemama. "not knowing what ur talking about". The other part was just a general statement for the pages upon pages of post about the Bmt B team.
[/quote]

No other league creates teams like Beaumont.  You know it's true.  I'm just glad that my child is not on the Bmt Gold team.  That must suck knowing that your kid was not even going to have a chance to be on a team with returners.  All newbies and not able to ever join in on a winning team that has been together since Flag.  Hey - Congrats for having such an awesome team. I am not taking that away from any of the BMT people.  I'm just stating the obvious.  No need for you to be rude Bmt Pride.

HouseMama:  I just want to clear this up for you.  Last year peewee BMT G was the young team, and was expected to struggle, but the team geled, and had a great season.  The BMT B team from last year was the older team, therefore moved up to the JR team this year.  So the BMT G team this year retained the player qualifing player from last year and drafted the rest.  So as you can see nothing out of line was attempted.  So why can't everyone accept the fact this team is legal, and have done nothing wrong.

Thank you for confirming the "handpick" speculation.  "Same group together since flag with the same coach", that about sums it up.  When an expansion team is formed, you can only protect 33% (5 players) of the players on existing teams, the rest should have been available for drafting to the expansion team.  Coaches kids need to be in the 33% of the protected kids.  Read the rules and give up the name calling... 

[quote name="HouseMama" post="1300125" timestamp="1350184774"]
[quote author=Bmt Pride link=topic=104629.msg1300108#msg1300108 date=1350184129]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Talk to PNG-Gray... They are in the same position as BMT-Gold, a young team with very few returns, basically starting over. Last year PNG Gray [b]won the Pee Wee Super Bowl[/b]. This year their record is 1-5 same as BMT-G. How did that happen? Well I could speculate but I won't since I don't know anything about PNG's teams. Things change from year to year and I bet PNG-Gray will be a great team next year. So saying you wouldn't want your kid on the BMT-Gold team is really crappy in my book. A team has to start somewhere and that team is learning and growing strong together so next year when the young ones "return to the team from the previous season" per STJFL Bylaws, they can be great.

[quote name="TGWhite" post="1300149" timestamp="1350185656"]
Thank you for confirming the "handpick" speculation.  "Same group together since flag with the same coach", that about sums it up.  When an expansion team is formed, you can only protect 33% (5 players) of the players on existing teams, the rest should have been available for drafting to the expansion team.  Coaches kids need to be in the 33% of the protected kids.  Read the rules and give up the name calling...
[/quote]

You are so dense... We have never had an expansion team. We had 2 teams last year and 2 teams this year so again the 13 that returned from last year all "return to the team from the previous season". You need to read the rules. The expansion rules do not apply since we did not have an expansion team.

SECTION 1:

[quote name="HouseMama" post="1300136" timestamp="1350185056"]
[quote author=youthinkyouknow link=topic=104629.msg1300112#msg1300112 date=1350184372]
[quote author=HouseMama link=topic=104629.msg1300100#msg1300100 date=1350183646]
From the STJFL Bylaws:

SECTION 1:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

SECTION 1:

[/quote]

NOPE!  Not breaking any rules.  Players return to the team they played on the year before..... purple, white, green, black, blue... whatever it was.  Everyone does not go to ONE team.
[/quote]

Read the rule......It's not that difficult to understand.... Png G last year was all 8 y o, because the coaches basically drafted all 7 y o the year before.  My boy was one of the kids drafted onto Png G last year, as a first year player at 8.  Png G coaches didn't break any rules drafting and neither is Bmt B.  That team was almost all 7 y o last year so all those kids go back to the same team.  Period.  That's the rule.  And another thing about Bmt B, no offense to WOS, but they were the second best team in the league last year.....To be honest, the Png G Bmt B game could have gone either way, it was back and forth all game.  Had we not stopped them on the last play of the game, Bmt B would have been defending champs coming into this year.  They were beating up on teams last year left and right, so it is no surprise they are doing it again this year.  With what I saw with my own eyes last year, I'm not surprised this team put up 75 pts in a game.  And all you parents berating these coaches for scoring that many points, give me a break.  If they put in 2nd and 3rd stringers in, and are still scoring at will, that's just the way it goes.  If it's my son in there that's finally getting his chance to run the ball, I can guarantee you it will not be for the purposes of simply being a tackling dummy until our 4 plays are up and turn the ball over..... just because the other team can't stop us.  Stop hating on this team.  They are the most talented team in the division. To be talking about anything else about this team is simply a waste of time.

[quote name="HouseMama" post="1300070" timestamp="1350182597"]
[quote author=youthinkyouknow link=topic=104629.msg1300040#msg1300040 date=1350180466]
[quote author=TGWhite link=topic=104629.msg1299973#msg1299973 date=1350175814]
I am seeing praise for Bmt B from everybody, including their opponents.  It seems as though they are definitely the best team in the area.  I guess if you handpick a team and reduce the number of teams competing for the high value players then you can indeed create a highly effective team.  Bmt B (6 - 0) and Bmt G (0 - 6) speaks for itself.  Bmt G's coaches must have missed the draft or the tryouts.  Just speculating on what everybody else is thinking...
[/quote]

::) I love people that make themselves look like idiots when they talk about something they know [b]nothing[/b] about.

Last year in Pee Wee, this team consisted of 17 (two 8-year old's and 15 7-year olds) players. 2 players moved up to Junior, leaving the possibility of the 15 players to return as 8 year old's. Of those 15, 13 returned. When kids return, they return to the team they were on the year before, then you draft for new kids. There is no hand picking ding-a-ling. The majority of these kids have played together since first year Flag under the same coaches. That's 4 years they've played together. Also the "high value players" well most of them are the coaches kids, so as long as the coaches stay together, the "high value players/studs" will stay together.

Pee Wee Gold is a brand new team. The head coach and assistant coaches from last year moved up to Junior. There is a new Head Coach and he had to establish practically a whole new team. 

I know this because my child plays on this team and has been with these coaches and this core group of kids since first year Flag, so there are some [b]facts[/b] versus [i]speculation[/i]  ::) .
[/quote]

So there is not really a draft for Beaumont?  If ALL of the returners go back on the same team, even though there are other teams in the same divison, that seems like stacking to me.
[/quote]Are you retarded?? Someone just said 15 returners returned from last year team and i think they have 13 NEW players who happen to be ALL 7yr olds.

[quote name="pngfan97" post="1300204" timestamp="1350189482"]
[quote author=HouseMama link=topic=104629.msg1300136#msg1300136 date=1350185056]
[quote author=youthinkyouknow link=topic=104629.msg1300112#msg1300112 date=1350184372]
From the STJFL Bylaws:

SECTION 1:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

SECTION 1:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Read the rule......It's not that difficult to understand.... Png G last year was all 8 y o, because the coaches basically drafted all 7 y o the year before.  My boy was one of the kids drafted onto Png G last year, as a first year player at 8.  Png G coaches didn't break any rules drafting and neither is Bmt B.  That team was almost all 7 y o last year so all those kids go back to the same team.  Period.  That's the rule.  And another thing about Bmt B, no offense to WOS, but they were the second best team in the league last year.....To be honest, the Png G Bmt B game could have gone either way, it was back and forth all game.  Had we not stopped them on the last play of the game, Bmt B would have been defending champs coming into this year.  They were beating up on teams last year left and right, so it is no surprise they are doing it again this year.  With what I saw with my own eyes last year, I'm not surprised this team put up 75 pts in a game.  And all you parents berating these coaches for scoring that many points, give me a break.  If they put in 2nd and 3rd stringers in, and are still scoring at will, that's just the way it goes.  If it's my son in there that's finally getting his chance to run the ball, I can guarantee you it will not be for the purposes of simply being a tackling dummy until our 4 plays are up and turn the ball over..... just because the other team can't stop us.  Stop hating on this team.  They are the most talented team in the division. To be talking about anything else about this team is simply a waste of time.
[/quote]Beautifully said

[quote name="pngfan97" post="1300204" timestamp="1350189482"]
[quote author=HouseMama link=topic=104629.msg1300136#msg1300136 date=1350185056]
From the STJFL Bylaws:

SECTION 1:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

SECTION 1:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Drafting a young team is just another way to stack and that is the problem with the stjfl right now. Both Beaumont and PNG have now admitted to using that method of stacking and proved the accusations of how these teams were made. Drafting all of one age group and taking your "lumps" for a year just to be able to come back and have your good year is not the way the stjfl intended it to be and any reasonable person can see that. I am guessing that the 60/40 rule was a way to deal with that problem and both groups found a way to break the "intent" of that rule too. The teams were not even in beaumont or the coaches wouldnt have come on here complaining of having to move players just before the games started. I just went and read the rules and they say players only return if they stay in the same age group so how do these coaches keep the same team all the way from flag? I guess while all other towns are building their teams the right way Beaumont and PNG are busy building their "special group of boys" to cheat their way to the end.

When y'all are done gripping about who stacked which team and so on, can someone get an update on the injured player?  I just got back from having mine checked at the ER and a kid had just left, but I couldn't get a status...HEPA rules...praying they are all ok,

[quote name="bwl4335" post="1300240" timestamp="1350193708"]
[quote author=pngfan97 link=topic=104629.msg1300204#msg1300204 date=1350189482]
From the STJFL Bylaws:

SECTION 1:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

SECTION 1:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Drafting a young team is just another way to stack and that is the problem with the stjfl right now. Both Beaumont and PNG have now admitted to using that method of stacking and proved the accusations of how these teams were made. Drafting all of one age group and taking your "lumps" for a year just to be able to come back and have your good year is not the way the stjfl intended it to be and any reasonable person can see that. I am guessing that the 60/40 rule was a way to deal with that problem and both groups found a way to break the "intent" of that rule too. The teams were not even in beaumont or the coaches wouldnt have come on here complaining of having to move players just before the games started. I just went and read the rules and they say players only return if they stay in the same age group so how do these coaches keep the same team all the way from flag? I guess while all other towns are building their teams the right way Beaumont and PNG are busy building their "special group of boys" to cheat their way to the end.
[/quote]

Whatever "intent" you may gather from the rules is your opinion.  If these programs are following the rules as written, then they are playing fair.  But I don't know what "intent" can be taken from a rule that states all players on a team that qualify for the same division the following year come back to the same team other than those boys stay on the same team the following year.  I don't understand how drafting a young team the first year in the division is somehow not following the "intent" of this rule.  What other reason could that rule have been written for?  As long as I've been involved in youth sports I've never seen or heard of a coach purposely passing on players so they can end up on another team so that team can be "stacked".  And speaking of taking lumps, if I'm not mistaken, the Png G team I referred to made the playoffs their first year in the division (mostly 7 yo) and the Bmt B team last year (mostly 7 yo) was one play away from playing in and probably winning the Super Bowl.  Talk about taking some lumps!!!

First of all, none of these guys should be referred to as coaches.  Coaches coach on Thursday night, Friday night, or on TV on Saturday and Sunday.  They should be referred to as instructors at best, even wanna-be would be a better description.  If you constantly run your mouth every Saturday on the sidelines, run up the scores on a bunch of KIDS, pound your chest at work and tell your co-workers how great of a "coach" you are, and allow every jack@$$ parent on the sidelines to do the same, then you are asking for someone to exact revenge.  Is it right? NO.  But, there is nobody else to blame but these wanna-be's themselves.  You can't help but to feel sorry for their own kids as well.  Imagine what they deal with at home.  Did I also hear that some of these "coaches" were suspended for a few game?  Really? In Junior league football?  And your supposed to be in it to help the kids and teach them football?  Great job men!!!! You are great role models and should be very proud.  Hopefully the guys who run this league will wisen up and prohibit them from coaching further teams.

[quote name="jackdad" post="1300446" timestamp="1350237787"]
First of all, none of these guys should be referred to as coaches.  Coaches coach on Thursday night, Friday night, or on TV on Saturday and Sunday.  They should be referred to as instructors at best, even wanna-be would be a better description.  If you constantly run your mouth every Saturday on the sidelines, run up the scores on a bunch of KIDS, pound your chest at work and tell your co-workers how great of a "coach" you are, and allow every jack@$$ parent on the sidelines to do the same, then you are asking for someone to exact revenge.  Is it right? NO.  But, there is nobody else to blame but these wanna-be's themselves.  You can't help but to feel sorry for their own kids as well.  Imagine what they deal with at home.  Did I also hear that some of these "coaches" were suspended for a few game?  Really? In Junior league football?  And your supposed to be in it to help the kids and teach them football?  Great job men!!!! You are great role models and should be very proud.  Hopefully the guys who run this league will wisen up and prohibit them from coaching further teams.
[/quote]
[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/images/graemlins/default/stirthepot.gif[/img]

[quote name="jackdad" post="1300446" timestamp="1350237787"]
[/quote]

By reading your post, it sounds as if you're not even a wanna be.  So where does that leave you?  GET FOR REAL!!!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder