Week 6 Pee Wee Scores

I'm not going to say anymore about it, but I think of it like this...if you are dealt a winning hand in a card game....you going to fold? No, your going to PLAY! And yes I know and consider we are talking about young boys, as mine is one of those. There are rules we all must follow in these situations to protect our young boys. If the rules are being followed, let the boys PLAY and get every stinking bit they can out it!!! It's ok to say bmt b is a fine football team!!! I'm just sayin! ;)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bwl4335" post="1293747" timestamp="1349585385"]
Winning hand? A score of 75-0 is disgusting and anyone trying to defend it should get as far away from youth sports as possible.
[/quote]

So it's sportmanship, to tell a kid to lay down in the first half because you don't want to score.  GET FOR REAL, that would make the other kids feel even worse.  No matter what BMT B does its going to upset someone.  As I said before watch a game and don't ASSUME you know what you are talking about.  ;D LOL!!!!!!

Beaumont Peewee Blue Do Not have to cheat-

We are tired of coaches and opposing fans/parents trying to humiliate this team. All summer, every weekend and after every game someone has tried to bring them down. Coach Derrick Rivers and staff are getting tired of all this Drama. For now on Do Not ask for a running clock. Teams are throwing the towel in and then after the game they complain about a few (STUDS) playing the entire game or wanting to protest  because they feel like some players aren't getting their 10 plays. FYI, even with a running clock and our Studs, as you call them,  Do Not Play the entire game and ALL our players get their plays.. #1 has 4 carries for 4 touchdowns, #3 has 6 carries for 5 touchdowns and #10 has 8 carries for 6 td's. And thats thru 2 games. We only have 18 offensive plays so far this year. Don't you know that those kids run track and train very hard all summer. They are highly ranked in the Nation in several events. Sorry if we have them and you don't. Everyone knows this team was gonna be special this year. For now on, just ask the score keeper not to keep score because we're not doing the running clock anymore. Thank the complainers and whiners for this future opponents

^ reply from dawgsofgold says it all and forthelove you haven't a clue. You talk about letting them get every stinking bit out of it? Really how about the opposing team? What are they getting out of it? A little bit of humble pie? Give me a break this is about integrity, showing a little class I completely understand Bmt b is very talented, I also was apart of a team just a couple yrs ago that was very talented from top to bottom and we could have scored 75 on on most teams we played, our backups cold have run all over most teams first string including the team from Bmt. But we didn't, because our head coach had enough class and integrity not to do such a thing out respect for the opposing coach and players and FYI we played 10 min quarters. It boggles my mind the lack of understanding on this matter. And your not going to convince me that with a running clock after the score had gotten out of control that you can still put 75 points on the board, and you weren't trying to run up the score, thats ludicrous. It's not happening

It really doesn't matter if he's tired of the complaining, you get that when you sign up to coach.  No one on here that is complaining is saying that bmt-b is not talented and also we know all the stats.  Again they area a talented well coached machine.  I also know that the PNG coach said he was good with it.  But 75-0 is just to much.  Somewhere around 40-0 put your slowest weakest never have run the ball kid in the game and run up the middle every time, Every time.  Find some way, since they are great coaches to not run up the score.  75-0 is to much STJFL needs to look at this.  I have seen Bmt-b play they are good, or I'm sorry great, but they do have a couple of kids that if given the ball would not score every time or to a point of 75-0. 

Jusy to set the record straight, I knew it would be someone that would say we (BMT B) were not good sports about the game on yesterday.Americasteam88 I do not agree with you on putting in your slowest weakest kid and let them run up the middle. STJFL does promote safety, so you telling me to put in someones kid(s) thats not a runner and run him up the middle against the other teams ones? That will never happen because I would not have a response to the parents if he got seriously injured!!! Just saying :) I was holding my breath yesterday that no one got hurt while running our regular offense. We do not run a wedge so theres no reason to have my slowest kid run up the middle because we dont practice that play. We never said we were such good coaches we just have a bunch of kids that work hard and hard work pays off!! Just come watch one of the practices all of yall would see. Also there was a running clock in the second half for everyone who made a comment an wasnt at the game. This particular bunch has had some type of issue every week but we continue to coach our kids up, from the 60/40 rule: kids changing teams the day before a game, parents posting on this forum, and now the mercy rule. I am the head coach and i attempt to stay out of all the politics because i have my views and all of you sports fans on this forum have yours!! I was just informed on yesterday that the mercy rule was re-written, stating something about a premier player has to come out now. Who gives the titles to kids. The starting backfield is what i was familiar with, which consists of the 4 players that are no on the line. We are always hearing that a formal protest is going to made to the STJFL board about an issue thats has nothing to do with our kids nor coaches. If taken to the board we will not be able to participate in the playoffs!! Just letting everyone know, we can careless about winning a STJFL super bowl trophy!! Our goal is to develope kids that want to play this great game and Pee Wee winners does not mean sucess. Sucess is when you can see an Ivory Williams running professional track, Depauldrick Garrett, Branden Thomas currently playing for the Lamar Cardinals football team: Ex lamar players Andre Bevel and Ryan Clark and Jacoby Franks at Texas Tech, Londan Durham ex McNesse FB player, Chris Ragette current MSU players and  Earl Thomas an NFL Pro Bowl safety. Thats just to name a few of the good stories in this great game of football that I have had the plesure to coach!! Not bragging just making a point!! Lets just play football!

Jag86 i completely understand wanting to develope those kids, but at what cost? To humiliate a team that is obviously less talented, that is no challenge to your extremely talented team? Please  Tell me how that is making your team better and developing 7&8 yr old boys? It's pee wee football!!! The lesson you should be teaching your boys is its ok to be better than the other team/person but be humble in your accomplishments, thankful for the gift you have, set your goals high, but make them understand that it's going to take hard work an dedication to accomplish those goals. And Im not saying that those kids havent worked hard and or not dedicated but  Sportsmanship is part of the game at every level and in saying that your lack of in this paticular game is disturbing. I believe for some reason you and your coaching staff have a chip on your shoulder and are out to prove a point and have no regard for the collateral damage. And if you can hold your head up high and look at these young men on your team and say with a straight face that it was ok to score 75 points on a team that is less talented, than you have issues my friend and need to reevaluate your thought process.

First let me state that I am not a peewee division coach, nor do I have any ties to Beaumont. I have coached for several years, and have been on both sides of the scoreboard.  I do feel that to punish Beaumont for their success is wrong. When they started in this league, they took their lumps and lost their share of games, but they kept working and built a good program. Every team in every division of the STJFL has had up and down years. It's not like the same team wins every single super bowl. We stress that it's about the "kids" so teach good sportsmanship, but apparently that only means teach the kids who win to show good sportsmanship. What about teaching the other side of this lesson. It is ok to lose. It is ok to get your tail kicked in sports. Teach them to not be sore losers. Instead, if we lose or lose badly, we show them that "it was those darned refs that cost us that game" or "their second string was stacked." These kids don't go to school on Monday stewing over this stuff, it's the adults in the equation that do.  This is one of the life lessons that youth sports are supposed to bring. Sometimes things are tough, and you want to give up, but you have to keep on fighting.  90 percent of these kids will not go on to college ball, some not even into high school ball. Just let them play. If the league has modified the rules to accomidate complaints of underperforming teams then shame on them. That just goes to show that "safety" is not the real issue, it is the pride of the adults associated. If safety is the heart of the concern, then call a game at the end of the 3rd quarter, don't make kids who have no business carrying a ball go out there and get pounded by the first string of the losing team. Besides, who determines which players on your team are a "premier player." That's a joke. It is to subjective of a rule. Any upset coach who gets scored on by a second string is going to consider that player "premier."

1stdown you are clueless, this is not about how good bmts 1st, 2nd or 3rd string are. this simply put is a lack of sportsmanship on behalf of Bmt. What did they expect to accomplish scoring 75 on png-g ataboys? I don't think so... I believe they blatantly scored 75 to try and prove a point, and they clearly got their point across. But the reality is, all they proved was their lack of class, integrity and respect for the game. In this case the score showed they won the game, but lost thier focus on the big picture and what the stjfl represents and promotes.

[quote name="cantbeat23" post="1293939" timestamp="1349624613"]
1stdown you are clueless, this is not about how good bmts 1st, 2nd or 3rd string are. this simply put is a lack of sportsmanship on behalf of Bmt. What did they expect to accomplish scoring 75 on png-g ataboys? I don't think so... I believe they blatantly scored 75 to try and prove a point, and they clearly got their point across. But the reality is, all they proved was their lack of class, integrity and respect for the game. In this case the score showed they won the game, but lost thier focus on the big picture and what the stjfl represents and promotes.
[/quote]

I love going back and looking at peoples post to see how they love to point fingers.....Cantbeat you said it was all about fundamentals but yet I posted a quote from you (that you never responded to) that showed you talking about a peewee game and it was NOT about fundamentals.....  Then there was this quote:

[quote author=cantbeat23 link=topic=100778.msg1235514#msg1235514 date=1342148359]
Oldballcoach dont hate on BC because they took care of business Thursday and rapped up district 32 in a 3 gm sweep, it's not our fault y'all could'nt handle y'alls, it is what it is, [b][size=14pt]play better is all i can tell ya[/size].[/b] I watched y'all sat against WE and I have to say, i was very impressed with Jasper's bats, but hamstrung on pitching is not the reason y'all lost tue against BC, it was 2-0 let's give BCs pitching and defense a little credit. Besides last I checked you had to score at least 1 run to win a baseball game. Must of forgot those bats in jasper Tuesday. Good luck to y'all and "God Bless"
[/quote]

^^^^^^^^so...is this "fundamentals" you speak of????  ^^^^^^^^

First off, in that post I say nothing about its all about fundamentals. That was a response to a post that said they lost a 2-0 game due to their pitching being hamstrung and not giving BC any credit for their pitching and defense. 2-0 not 75-0,  that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. you can try and twist this all you want, but the fact of the matter is, it was not right....

[quote name="cantbeat23" post="1294007" timestamp="1349628427"]
First off, in that post I say nothing about its all about fundamentals. That was a response to a post that said they lost a 2-0 game due to their pitching being hamstrung and not giving BC any credit for their pitching and defense. 2-0 not 75-0,  that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. you can try and twist this all you want, but the fact of the matter is, it was not right....
[/quote]

The FACT is you said and I quote " at this level.. it's about instructing them on the fundamentals of the game, team concept, and good sportsmanship, they are 7&8 yrs olds." Then you post other comments claiming a victory  :o  Either its about the win or it's not. And by the way, I read all 31 one of your post, and only one post even mentioned fundamentals.......

Now spin that anyway you want, but that is what you said. I think 75-0 does seem a bit much....BUT I was not there (as you admitted you were not) and the opposing coach was fine with it.  If they did not break any rules, the opposing coach was fine with it, then we should be fine with it.  if you want to be Captain America, instead of griping on this forum, go to an STJFL meeting and stand up for what you think is right. That will help your cause WAY more that stirring the pot in this forum.....

[quote name="cantbeat23" post="1293939" timestamp="1349624613"]
[/quote]

I can tell a few of the adults here on this forum are wearing their feelings on their shoulder, but my question to everyone that are upset about 75-0 score were you at the game, did you see the effort the BMT B coaches were giving starting in the second quarter, to try to slow down or even stop there team from scoring.  I promise you that monday morning non of the kids from PNG-G will not even care about the score of this game.  At least the last three touchdowns that were scored in the game were scored by kids that never get the chance to touch the ball in a game or practice, and yes the clock was running while this was happening.

Those kids will remember. Kids will remember that score.  I don't care what effort was being shown 75-0 is way to much for this pee wee game.  Obviously it was not enough effort.  If your team wants people to stop crying then show some class with the score. People should be commenting, 75-0 is horrible in a pee wee game. STJFL is a great league, I know they will address this issue.

Like i said before it is about developing kids, but at no time was there any lack of sportsmanship during the game. So lets not get it that BMT B was acting  unsportsman like!! taking stuff the wrong way is a regular on this forum but no one should have to defend his team for preparing to be successful!! Someone mentioned I havent learned or should have learned how to not score points during my times of coaching!! They were right i have never learned that facet of coaching, telling a kid not to score. I have parents who want their kids to do their best, so i humiliate my players by telling them not to score. So if you put it like that i would rather my kids have success than the other teams. What are we really teaching, if your up by 28 or more let someone else play to make the losing team look good and the subs look like crap in front of their parents!! Not going to happen under my watch. I totally understand that its pee wee football and you really dont know what 7/8 going to show up so on any given Saturday anyone can lose, so we attempt to avoid that by preparing all of our players!! Like ive said before its all about competing the right way, we had no player on the team say or do anything outside the rules well we had a TD brought back for a blocking in the back. Thats what 7/8 yrs old do so if thats unsportsman like conduct I dont know what to say!!  BMT B will continue to be  classy in everything that we do according to STJFL rules and the way we as a coaching staff decide to handle matters that concern the team. Good luck to everyone on a safe rest of the season!!!

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1294024" timestamp="1349629929"]
[quote author=cantbeat23 link=topic=104263.msg1294007#msg1294007 date=1349628427]
[/quote]

The FACT is you said and I quote " at this level.. it's about instructing them on the fundamentals of the game, team concept, and good sportsmanship, they are 7&8 yrs olds." Then you post other comments claiming a victory  :o  Either its about the win or it's not. And by the way, I read all 31 one of your post, and only one post even mentioned fundamentals.......

Now spin that anyway you want, but that is what you said. I think 75-0 does seem a bit much....BUT I was not there (as you admitted you were not) and the opposing coach was fine with it.  If they did not break any rules, the opposing coach was fine with it, then we should be fine with it.  if you want to be Captain America, instead of griping on this forum, go to an STJFL meeting and stand up for what you think is right. That will help your cause WAY more that stirring the pot in this forum.....
[/quote]Well Said..

BMT-B is a good team but they are far from the best the STJFL has ever seen. I've got 2 kids in the league and I have seen teams in the last 4 years from PNG, WOS, Lumberton, and Bridge City that could have beat this team very easy. Any of them could have put 100 points on anyone they played but always found a way to never let it get over 50 because they all class. The STJFL needs to rid themselves of coaches like these and anyone else that thinks 75-0 is a resonable score.

[quote name="bwl4335" post="1294144" timestamp="1349644977"]
BMT-B is a good team but they are far from the best the STJFL has ever seen. I've got 2 kids in the league and I have seen teams in the last 4 years from PNG, WOS, Lumberton, and Bridge City that could have beat this team very easy. Any of them could have put 100 points on anyone they played but always found a way to never let it get over 50 because they all class. The STJFL needs to rid themselves of coaches like these and anyone else that thinks 75-0 is a resonable score.
[/quote]By you saying the Very Easy comment lets me know that you are a Hater and probably just trying to stir the pot.

[quote name="Gucci" post="1294172" timestamp="1349647133"]
[quote author=bwl4335 link=topic=104263.msg1294144#msg1294144 date=1349644977]
[/quote]By you saying the Very Easy comment lets me know that you are a Hater and probably just trying to stir the pot.
[/quote]

Hater=No
Tired of the arrogance by you and the coaches of this team saying you are too good to prevent a 75-0 score=yes

You need to realize that you are not the best team the STJFL history but this is the first time in history there has been a score like that. It is because of the size of your heads and not the talent of your team that makes that happen.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder