Thoughts about Vidor/Ozen game

[quote name="coachdaddy" post="1292468" timestamp="1349498028"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=104221.msg1292441#msg1292441 date=1349497381]
Another heartbreaking loss to the Pirates.  Ozen needs to figure out how to hold the lead, and pull out the close ones.  This game would have pretty much sealed a playoff spot up.
[/quote]

I don't think Ozen will have any trouble making the playoffs
[/quote]
i agree. the only other team i see beating them is Ned. and that isn't for sure.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="coachdaddy" post="1292468" timestamp="1349498028"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=104221.msg1292441#msg1292441 date=1349497381]
Another heartbreaking loss to the Pirates.  Ozen needs to figure out how to hold the lead, and pull out the close ones.  This game would have pretty much sealed a playoff spot up.
[/quote]

I don't think Ozen will have any trouble making the playoffs
[/quote]

Nor do I. They are waaayyyyy too talented for that. I question their fitness.

This was a huge victory for the players, the coaches and the fans (I really needed it after my near suicide attempt this week). Extremely hard to come off a tough, emotional loss like the one to nederville. Savor the moment and lets get ready for Lumberton. Hats off to Jeff for some gutsy play calling and making the adjustments at halftime. Please get some new headsets...I'll buy them if y'all can't afford it.

As for my thoughts about the fans. I was proud to see Vidor bring so many people to an away game.

However I do believe too many are fair weather friends. Like last week all packed up and heading out and they are surprised that we onside kick, drive for first downs and make a white knuckle, toe curler out of the game. Then this week, I see grown men screaming at the boys after lets face intirely too many fumbles. These jerks can stay home. These are KIDS out on that field giving 112%. Kids make mistakes, and if we back 'em every play regardless they can feel it. And that it something they can use to keep the wind in the sails, and a 4quarter effort is something to be proud of win or lose!

[quote name="One4All" post="1292482" timestamp="1349498523"]
I question Ozen  defense, that  supposed to be so good
[/quote]

May not be good by your standards but they dang sure get on that ball quick and often. This Ozen team looks better than last years, I pitty the next group they face after a tough loss like this, they will have something to prove for sure.

Coach Matthews is what I consider a class act coach. He did what he had to do to turn the game around. What really got me was after I was finally able to move without wanting to tackle Ozen's coaching staff I saw him hug Jacobi Jones and saw him talking to him. I can only imagine what he told the young man after a tough loss.

[quote name="uandme08" post="1292515" timestamp="1349499356"]
Coach Matthews is what I consider a class act coach. He did what he had to do to turn the game around. What really got me was after I was finally able to move without wanting to tackle Ozen's coaching staff I saw him hug Jacobi Jones and saw him talking to him. I can only imagine what he told the young man after a tough loss.
[/quote]

Very cool!!!  8)

[quote name="coachdaddy" post="1292490" timestamp="1349498729"]
As for my thoughts about the fans. I was proud to see Vidor bring so many people to an away game.

However I do believe too many are fair weather friends. Like last week all packed up and heading out and they are surprised that we onside kick, drive for first downs and make a white knuckle, toe curler out of the game. Then this week, I see grown men screaming at the boys after lets face intirely too many fumbles. These jerks can stay home. These are KIDS out on that field giving 112%. Kids make mistakes, and if we back 'em every play regardless they can feel it. And that it something they can use to keep the wind in the sails, and a 4quarter effort is something to be proud of win or lose!
[/quote]
gotta agree with ya on this. i had some loud mouths behind me that i actually ended up telling to shut up or leave. people like to run their suck and don't consider that they may be yelling about a kid who's parent is sitting near by. my wife held on to me much of the first half. they left at halftime. good riddance to them. they weren't true fans.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1292533" timestamp="1349499799"]
[quote author=coachdaddy link=topic=104221.msg1292490#msg1292490 date=1349498729]

[/quote]
gotta agree with ya on this. i had some loud mouths behind me that i actually ended up telling to shut up or leave. people like to run their suck and don't consider that they may be yelling about a kid who's parent is sitting near by. my wife held on to me much of the first half. they left at halftime. good riddance to them. they weren't true fans.
[/quote]

Man, I'm hearing y'all. They had one like those mentioned at the Frosh / JV Thursday. I wish they would all pack up and move somewhere else...like nederville.

1 2 3 4 Total
Vidor         0 10 0 18 28
Ozen 0 21 0 0 21

Scoring summary
BOZ -- Kourtney Williams 61-yard pass from Jordan Ozen (Mamadou Balde kick), 10:58, 2nd.
VID -- Montana Quirante 3-yard run (Michael Tamayo kick), 6:16, 2nd.
BOZ -- Xavier Johnes 1-yard run (Mamadou Balde kick), 5:12, 2nd.
VID -- Michael Tamayo 36-yard field goal, 2:06, 2nd.
BOZ -- Jakobi Jones 18-yard pass from Jordan Ozen (Mamadou Balde kick), 0:43, 2nd.
VID -- Michael Tamayo 30-yard field goal, 11:58, 4th.
VID -- Justin Moore 3-yard run (Montana Quirante run), 9:10, 4th.
VID -- Montana Quirante 1-yard run (Michael Tamayo kick), 0:26, 4th.

Team Stats
                        Vidor           Ozen
Total yards.      311           217
First downs 18             11
Rushes/Yds 65/255   21/57
Average rush 3.92             2.71
Comp/Atts         3/6/0 11/24/0
Pass yards           56           160
Comp pct         50         45.83
Fumbles/Lost 7/1           0/0
Penalties-yards 4-32           6-35

OMG!! What a game..i have to say Vidor you did what you had to do to get a that win..Great job..As for Ozen we let it get away..But that was a great high school football game at it's best..The game was played with HEART and CLASS..I will say this, we here at Ozen don't mind rolling down I 10 west for the playoff with you guys from Vidor.Great game from both teams....GO PANTHERS 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was two years in arrow that Quirante scored a TD in the final seconds.  And it happened in the same end zone.  déjà vu!

Ozen kicked our butts in the 1st half.  Credit to the Panther players.

Vidor played better in the 2nd half.  But I think the coaching and Tom Foolery down the stretch was the difference.  They sold that fake punt SO well.

[quote name="pirate68" post="1293050" timestamp="1349552580"]
We've had issues with the QB center exchange all year. Have to get this corrected are it's going to bite us big time. To have [b]7 fumbles[/b] and to lose only 1 is as lucky as you get. Anyone know how many happened on 3rd down to kill a drive?
[/quote]

What Vidor did in the 2nd half was very impressive, but the naked truth is if they don't find a handle on the ball......it WILL hurt them in the near future. This game exposed some things that need work i.e. defensive penalties that keep the D on the field, that has already hurt them on the score board. I support the Pirates I just think they may have dodged a bullet with Ozen. IMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder