Happy or not with ray ray

Sorry hipster, but our votes do not count. From what I understand, the large donors to the program are very happy with Ray Ray. Those are the votes that count. I guess our votes would count somewhat if we chose not to support the football program, but I cant do that though... Win or lose, I'm glad football is back at LU.
Just for fun, lets compare apples to gooseberries. UL-M is a school half the size of Lamar with a fraction of the resources. They are having phenomenal success! The University of South Alabama is about the same size as LU, started a football program about the same time as LU and are on track to an FBS conference in 2013.
The only thing holding LU back is not fans, facilities or donors. It is coaches and their recruits. I'll be happy if Woodard steps up his game; otherwise, I'll be comparing LU to what could-have-been.

My problem with Wodard is after three years of playing, there is not much change from year one to year three. The offense still can't move the ball, special teams are still horrible, coahing calls still suck and the program seems stale. Woodard's scheduling is the biggest pitfall as well. It's hard to get excited about going to see Langston, McMurray and PVAM. There is no excitment in the air at the stadium from the crowd. It's not the fans fault, it's the product being presented on the field. I think Woodard is over his head. Lamar should have never brought in a coach with zero Div I HC expience to restart the program. If the right coach was in place and the right strides had been made, Lamar would be two years from FBS right now. As it stands right now, we are still at least 5 years from FBS, if we get rid of Woodard by year end.

"The best thing about getting fired is it makes you look at what you did wrong and what you should have done better," Knight said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger-college-basketball-blog/southland-preview-pat-knight-epic-rant-benefits-lamar-131526989--ncaab.html

The more I think about it, the more I like PJ to Lamar. His offense would be effective against SLC or a MWC style.
Even with a small OL. PJ situation reminds me of PK being unable to make a long term winning at weaker schools in a major conference. Ray is a good guy, just like Roc, but Lamar needs to do what is best for Lamar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Johnson_(American_football_coach)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder