Crosby vs. New Caney Predictions

Crosby by 28, 42-14. Only 28 because Riordan is going to try and line out the passing game. Walter had 176 on 10 catches this week, Singleton had 121 on ten catches against Dayton but Crosby doesn't have the air raid clicking yet though. I think Riordan pulls Austin once he breaks 1000 rushing on the season and he probably pulls Aston once he breaks 1000 passing.

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1287910" timestamp="1349108564"]
Crosby by 28, 42-14. Only 28 because Riordan is going to try and line out the passing game. Walter had 176 on 10 catches this week, Singleton had 196 on ten catches against Dayton but Crosby doesn't have the air raid clicking yet though. I think Riordan pulls Austin once he breaks 1000 rushing on the season and he probably pulls Aston once he breaks 1000 passing.
[/quote]

Crosby NEEDS to be able to throw the ball. It kept them in the game against SC in the first half. I doubt Riordan gives a rip about their ydg totals though.  He'll pull them to keep them healthy when they have lead enough to win.

[quote name="dayton" post="1287917" timestamp="1349108873"]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=103995.msg1287910#msg1287910 date=1349108564]
Crosby by 28, 42-14. Only 28 because Riordan is going to try and line out the passing game. Walter had 176 on 10 catches this week, Singleton had 196 on ten catches against Dayton but Crosby doesn't have the air raid clicking yet though. I think Riordan pulls Austin once he breaks 1000 rushing on the season and he probably pulls Aston once he breaks 1000 passing.
[/quote]

Crosby NEEDS to be able to throw the ball. It kept them in the game against SC in the first half. I doubt Riordan gives a rip about their ydg totals though.  He'll pull them to keep them healthy when they have lead enough to win.
[/quote]Crosby piled up 330 through the air on SC, so they can definitely throw it, they just need to practice catching it. I don't think Creek dropped one ball, that's what makes them elite. Crosby can easily rush for 350 yards on New Caney and blow them out but I think Riordan knows he has a layup so he's going to put the ball in the air in preperation for the playoffs. Austin's probably at 800 and something yards so he could be pulled not long after the end of the first quarter. Expect at least 250 through the air and another 250 on the ground during trash time.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1288189" timestamp="1349122762"]
Have #15 dip his gloves in super glue and Crosby will have 400 yards a game ;D
[/quote]What's so sad is that Crosby should be averaging over 450 yards a game when the SC stats are put in, and that's with the boy dropping 3 a game. He's only a junior like most of the offense but if he can hold on to a few going forward I expect the scholarship offers to start piling up. In Riordan's system he's going to get every opportunity to put up numbers. It's not just him though, it's most of Crosby's receivers, he's just is the one that always seems to be dropping touchdowns. Got 5 practice games to get it right though.

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1288257" timestamp="1349127351"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=103995.msg1288189#msg1288189 date=1349122762]
[/quote]What's so sad is that Crosby should be averaging over 450 yards a game when the SC stats are put in, and that's with the boy dropping 3 a game. He's only a junior like most of the offense but if he can hold on to a few going forward I expect the scholarship offers to start piling up. In Riordan's system he's going to get every opportunity to put up numbers. It's not just him though, it's most of Crosby's receivers, he's just is the one that always seems to be dropping touchdowns. Got 5 practice games to get it right though.
[/quote]

Hope he gets better. The only thing he lacks is the catch. The kid runs routes very good and when the ball is in the air he gets himself in perfect position for the catch and then BAM it hits the turf! Hopefully he will come around because he seems to have Div I size and speed. oh and Crosby by whatever they want in this game.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1288760" timestamp="1349190097"]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=103995.msg1288257#msg1288257 date=1349127351]
[/quote]

Hope he gets better. The only thing he lacks is the catch. The kid runs routes very good and when the ball is in the air he gets himself in perfect position for the catch and then BAM it hits the turf! Hopefully he will come around because he seems to have Div I size and speed. oh and Crosby by whatever they want in this game.
[/quote]he will be great D1 rec.  yes he has size ,speed and he can catch(ask anyone who went against him or watched 7 on 7 this year). he is tring to make up a year from missing his whole SOPH season(quit and made varsity basketball). yes he has some drops but still has 20 receptions and 4 TDs.  He will come around.

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1288257" timestamp="1349127351"]
[/quote]

I actually thought #15 put himself  in great position to make a play. While our DBS watched him do it...we have good receivers but they drop a lot of balls too. They didn't that game though. Just like our Qb sometimes throw bad balls....so it's a work in progress....

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1289083" timestamp="1349209996"]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=103995.msg1288257#msg1288257 date=1349127351]
[/quote]

I actually thought #15 put himself  in great position to make a play. While our DBS watched him do it...we have good receivers but they drop a lot of balls too. They didn't that game though. Just like our Qb sometimes throw bad balls....so it's a work in progress....
[/quote]Yeah, just glad Crosby doesn't see y'all 'til next year. I'm picking Summer Creek and Dawson to play in the D1 quarterfinal round. Y'all are probably a little bigger than Dawson over all but Dawson seems to have a little more team speed from the times I saw Crosby play them. Should that matchup come to fruition it would be the game of the year in region 3.

[quote name="bandgeekforlife" post="1289355" timestamp="1349230654"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=103995.msg1288228#msg1288228 date=1349124952]
Crosby      49
New Caney 14
[/quote]

I'm with Brenham fan.  if it doesn't happenm there is something wrong in the cougar den.  Go Cougars!!!
[/quote]Crosby could definitely win by how ever many they wanted but they need to work on the passing game. Crosby trying to throw it all over the field might not produce as many points Friday night as just handing it to Austin would, that's why you probably won't see a Willis-like score. I think Riordan would rather call these next 5 games in preparation for Ozen or Livingston.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder