Kountze vs. Woodville

Kountze vs Woodville  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Kountze vs Woodville

• Kountze
    • Woodville

Kountze(4-0) vs Woodville(1-3)
Kountze won quite possibly the sloppiest game i've seen all year over the Hardin Hornets last week. Woodville took a hard loss at the hands of EC. Both teams have something to prove. On paper, looks like an easy win for Kountze. But Kountze disappointed alot of people last week with their sloppy play. Woodville has a bitter taste in their mouth and, with the Kville loss to Anahuac last week, could put themselves in a great position for that third playoff spot going into the third week of district play. This game should be crazy. Possibly SETX small school game of the week, local, state, and national media attention with all of the legal stuff surrounding Kountze. It sets the stage for the continuation of the "Kountze magic". But I believe Woodville will win this one...

Woodville 32
Kountze 21

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kountzemania
Ok, when Kountze beats woodville and kirbyvile, will the Lions get just a little respect. What's a bunch of bull is Kirbyville and woodvill get more respect with a lesser record and one with no better record than Kountze last year. Oh well y'all just put your orders in for how you like your crow prepared. Yes the Lions had a rough week, a?lot of guys back in game after weeks of no play due to sickness or injury...they were a bit rusty and the bi-week does not help a teams rythem, but it is worth the rehab time. The Kountze Lions are for real and it does not matter how much the rest of this district is in denial. The talent in Kountze is unrecognized but it will be! Coaches will have our guys ready to go come friday night. woodville I hope y'all show up with the same old attitude y'all always have towards Kountze, if you do it will be a tough night Woodville. My case for this is simple. In the years past Kountze has had one maybe two guys to prepare for and no passing game. All you had to do is control the outside because that was our only real threat. Now do you prepare for the running game and if you do is it interior or outside. Maybe prepare for passing attack, short or deep threat. How do control special teams attack. How so you stop a defense that swarms and punishes. How do you stop the multiple backs with speed and some with size and power. How stop quarterbacks with scramble capability that can through on the run with accuracy. How do you stop receivers that can go up and get balls that defender can't get near. Look at the big picture folks. The only way Woodville beats Kountze is if Kountze beats themselves and our coaches are better than that and I feel our boys are too.

I've known the Kountze coach since he was playing PeeWee ball and he'll have his club ready.I think Woodville has played the tougher schedule so far with both clubs beating Shepherd (there only common opponent by 8).That being said I like Woodvlle in this one.

Woodville-24
Kountze- 20

[quote name="kountzemania" post="1287266" timestamp="1349029495"]
Ok, when Kountze beats woodville and kirbyvile, will the Lions get just a little respect. What's a bunch of bull is Kirbyville and woodvill get more respect with a lesser record and one with no better record than Kountze last year. Oh well y'all just put your orders in for how you like your crow prepared. Yes the Lions had a rough week, a?lot of guys back in game after weeks of no play due to sickness or injury...they were a bit rusty and the bi-week does not help a teams rythem, but it is worth the rehab time. The Kountze Lions are for real and it does not matter how much the rest of this district is in denial. The talent in Kountze is unrecognized but it will be! Coaches will have our guys ready to go come friday night. woodville I hope y'all show up with the same old attitude y'all always have towards Kountze, if you do it will be a tough night Woodville. My case for this is simple. In the years past Kountze has had one maybe two guys to prepare for and no passing game. All you had to do is control the outside because that was our only real threat. Now do you prepare for the running game and if you do is it interior or outside. Maybe prepare for passing attack, short or deep threat. How do control special teams attack. How so you stop a defense that swarms and punishes. How do you stop the multiple backs with speed and some with size and power. How stop quarterbacks with scramble capability that can through on the run with accuracy. How do you stop receivers that can go up and get balls that defender can't get near. Look at the big picture folks. The only way Woodville beats Kountze is if Kountze beats themselves and our coaches are better than that and I feel our boys are too.
[/quote]If Kountze does beat Woodville I would say yes. The only reason they are not getting a lot of hype is they need to beat someone better than they have played. Thats all. nobody hatin on yall at all. Matter of fact leave Kville out of the conversation. People are already putting Kountze above them. kool.

Guest Pay the piper
History will repeat its self and Kountze will suck in district just like they always do. They always get hyped up over beating up on 1A teams and then they suck in district.

[quote name="Pay the piper" post="1287322" timestamp="1349037152"]
History will repeat its self and Kountze will suck in district just like they always do. They always get hyped up over beating up on 1A teams and then they suck in district.
[/quote]
We played one 1A school...Shows what you know..

Guest kountzemania
So piper who is proud to own your support or are just another on if these guys that just like to stir the crap pot! Or are you one of those lack luster high school athletes that did not leave it on the field. What ever you are refering to any team full of effort giving kids should not be described as sucking. These kids have put blood sweat and yes tears into what they have and are trying to accomplish. SO DON'T! In addition,  don't try to laugh it off say chill out not buying it!

[quote name="kountzemania" post="1287340" timestamp="1349038318"]
So piper who is proud to own your support or are just another on if these guys that just like to stir the crap pot! Or are you one of those lack luster high school athletes that did not leave it on the field. What ever you are refering to any team full of effort giving kids should not be described as sucking. These kids have put blood sweat and yes tears into what they have and are trying to accomplish. SO DON'T! In addition,  don't try to laugh it off say chill out not buying it!
[/quote] ;D he sounds a lot like kvillecats in disguise ;D

[quote name="CATS80" post="1287276" timestamp="1349031214"]
[quote author=kountzemania link=topic=103911.msg1287266#msg1287266 date=1349029495]
[/quote]If Kountze does beat Woodville I would say yes. The only reason they are not getting a lot of hype is they need to beat someone better than they have played. Thats all. nobody hatin on yall at all. Matter of fact leave Kville out of the conversation. People are already putting Kountze above them. kool.
[/quote]

OK....... ;D

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1287344" timestamp="1349038739"]
I think WV is better than they showed Friday night.
[/quote]

I'm assuming that you are talking about defense, right?

Guest ECBucFan
Overall, I think WV has pretty good athleticism. I think they were mistake prone especially on the "O" line. A missed block led to numerous sacks (or RB stopped for a loss), which kept them back on their heals and in 2nd and 3rd and long situations, and a QB forced to scramble. If WV could block, they could be a better team, IMO.

If Woodville holds onto the ball and doesn't make the mental mistakes that Hardin did, they will win.  A couple of years ago, Hardin started out 4-0 but finished the season 5-5.  I want the best for Kountze but there's alot of ball to be played.  If Hardin could have kept turnovers to a minimum they would have won the game.  Too many mistakes for any team to overcome.  Some credit needs to go to the Hornet defense as they are very much improved over the past couple of seasons.

[quote name="kountzemania" post="1287266" timestamp="1349029495"]
[/quote]
You sir, have been balled up in Kountze way too long. First off, Woodville knows very well that this is not the same Kountze team as last year. Do not doubt that. They have a very good coach in there. I would say there's alot more respect for Kountze than in years past. And if you're expecting people to treat y'all like a state contender or even a DISTRICT TITLE contender, then you're very naive. I think it will be a great game on Friday, but I think Woodville will win. They have played a tougher schedule, do have more athleticism, and have more football IQ from what i've seen. And i've seen both teams, so don't think I'm speaking on a subject I know nothing about. Woodville's o-line is their problem. In fact, Kountze has a lot better chance because of that. And you better pray they don't get that fixed, because if they do, I believe Kountze will be in for a long long night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder