Dayton at C.E. King Game Thread/Dayton wins 24-6!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BroncQB7" post="1286181" timestamp="1348932477"]
I've been lurking on here for a little while now, and I figured I'd make my first post this morning.

I really enjoy reading the game threads. It helps me keep up with the Broncos from Louisiana. As a former player, I'm glad this was not around when I played. Y'all would've ripped me apart. Lol

The difference between good teams and average teams, good teams find a way to win when they aren't there best. They win 2 out of the 3 fases of the game. Whether it be offense and defense, special teams and offense, or like last night defense and special teams. Only the really special teams win all 3 every Friday night.  Remember these are kids, and they are going to have off nights. Finding a way to win is what matters, especially in district play. Survive and move on.

Remember this offense is relatively young. First year QB, and a crop of sophomores at different skill positions. The passing game will come. Right now you won't see a lot of timing routes, ie. comebacks, curls, and out routes. What you are see is a QB making one read and if it is not there he is trying to get out of the pocket to scramble. He is not keeping his eyes downfield for the play to develope. Once his first read is gone his eyes seem to immediately look at the rush coming at him. This will come with experience. Unfortunately he is a senior, so the development will have to be quick as we move to the playoffs.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to get my point across. This team will be fine, and they should make a good run. A lot can be said for confidence and swagger. When a team goes out knowing they are going to win, more often than not, they do.
[/quote]YAY!!!!! finally some good common sense...

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="1286229" timestamp="1348935537"]
It is also possible that the coaching staff kept it [b]"vanilla"[/b] last night----Dayton does not have a personal grudge against Mr. Price. I suspect some other folks just can't help themselves.
[/quote]lol.... and a really good point... I suspect maybe there was some trying to keep everyone healthy going on last night too... 

[quote name="octfeb" post="1286239" timestamp="1348935745"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=103845.msg1286229#msg1286229 date=1348935537]
It is also possible that the coaching staff kept it [b]"vanilla"[/b] last night----Dayton does not have a personal grudge against Mr. Price. I suspect some other folks just can't help themselves.
[/quote]lol.... and a really good point... I suspect maybe there was some trying to keep everyone healthy going on last night too...
[/quote]Sure hope that was it last night octfeb.......... Our offense stunk last night... Got to get it on tract soon.. Our defense actually saved us last night.. Plus those 2 bad snaps.......... :o

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1286049" timestamp="1348918487"]
It has always baffled me that when a fan posts an observation about their team that is not 100% homer positive, they get the "don't panic...breeeeeath" speech. Or the "get back from the ledge" talk. Give me a break.

Dayton's offense is not very good right now. I'm still breathing and very relaxed. Nor am I blind and deaf. Why is it like some taboo subject we as Bronco fans are not supposed to approach? Are we not here on a football forum (more than I should be) to talk about our teams strength and weaknesses?

Anyway, back to the point. The offense is flat. It has become very predictable. It looks to me like they just want to get the ball to a play maker the easiest way possible and hope he "breaks" one. Counter, bubble screen. Counter, jet sweep. Repeat if necessary. How about a pass play that's designed to get only 8 - 10 yards for those third and longs. A simple curl for gosh sake! Why does it always have to be a 40 yard bomb? I said it was sad because I believe this offense has enough weapons that they could be scary good. I hope they work the kinks out soon so I don't have to kill myself!  ::) ::) ::)

P. S. Don't come on here and be captain obvious and tell me about how we're undefeated. My sights are set a little farther down the road. And yours should be too.
[/quote]I was telling those folks who were ready to jump ship,not to panic. You dont sound like  you are ready to mail it in like them. Our offense looked pretty good against Crosby and will continue to improve, IMO.

Daytons defense looked good and that was without barton or jackson. Neither one played at all. Daytons offense thats another story. Had some dropped passes that we normally catch but to me chambers either still isnt healthy or is very injury prone. In either case I hope our backup plan isnt to just hike the ball to ryan and have him run left then right. Kenner was a great qb as a freshman and I wonder why he hasnt been getting snaps. I will say for some reason last night felt like the team was very flat. I looked at alot of the scores around the area and it looks like dayton wasnt the only team just giing through the motions.

Congrats on the win last night, I decided to go watch SC and Crosby. After watching SC play, I feel pretty confident as a Bronco fan. I was not overly impressed with SC, not sure what the BH fans saw. Maybe they aren't used to watching a good football team every Friday night. Dayton and SC are the only two teams not playing for second in my opinion.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1286239" timestamp="1348935745"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=103845.msg1286229#msg1286229 date=1348935537]
[/quote]

Reach.....reach......reach........awwww, eventually justification....... ;D ;D

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1286421" timestamp="1348944405"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=103845.msg1286239#msg1286239 date=1348935745]
[/quote]

Reach.....reach......reach........awwww, eventually justification....... ;D ;D
[/quote] Oooooo I love the ole bait and hook...

[quote name="dayton" post="1286318" timestamp="1348939641"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=103845.msg1286049#msg1286049 date=1348918487]
It has always baffled me that when a fan posts an observation about their team that is not 100% homer positive, they get the "don't panic...breeeeeath" speech. Or the "get back from the ledge" talk. Give me a break.

Dayton's offense is not very good right now. I'm still breathing and very relaxed. Nor am I blind and deaf. Why is it like some taboo subject we as Bronco fans are not supposed to approach? Are we not here on a football forum (more than I should be) to talk about our teams strength and weaknesses?

Anyway, back to the point. The offense is flat. It has become very predictable. It looks to me like they just want to get the ball to a play maker the easiest way possible and hope he "breaks" one. Counter, bubble screen. Counter, jet sweep. Repeat if necessary. How about a pass play that's designed to get only 8 - 10 yards for those third and longs. A simple curl for gosh sake! Why does it always have to be a 40 yard bomb? I said it was sad because I believe this offense has enough weapons that they could be scary good. I hope they work the kinks out soon so I don't have to kill myself!  ::) ::) ::)

P. S. Don't come on here and be captain obvious and tell me about how we're undefeated. My sights are set a little farther down the road. And yours should be too.
[/quote]I was telling those folks who were ready to jump ship,not to panic. You dont sound like  you are ready to mail it in like them. Our offense looked pretty good against Crosby and will continue to improve, IMO.
[/quote]

No. Lol! Not ready to jump ship yet. Haven't in 30 years so I don't think I will this year either.

The new poster "BroncQB7" came on here and said basically the same exact thing I did just in a different way. A way that doesn't make people feel the need to defend their team. Then he throws in some rah rah stuff about confidence and believing and everyone thinks it's a common sense good post. I'm not that nice I guess.

If an offense stinks I will say it stinks. No sugar coating. This is an age old difference in fans opinions that I see at every level. You have the homers that will never say one negative word about their team and will fight any one that does. Then you have the other side that will call "issues" out when they see them. Neither fan loves the team any more or less. Just different ways.

QB7 was dead on in his remarks. He sounded really knowledgeable about the bronco offense. Hmmmmmm...makes me wonder. Could it be? If it is you, we miss you 7. Welcome aboard.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1286336" timestamp="1348940511"]
Daytons defense looked good and that was without barton or jackson. Neither one played at all. Daytons offense thats another story. Had some dropped passes that we normally catch but to me chambers either still isnt healthy or is very injury prone. In either case I hope our backup plan isnt to just hike the ball to ryan and have him run left then right. [b]Kenner was a great qb as a freshman and I wonder why he hasnt been getting snaps[/b]. I will say for some reason last night felt like the team was very flat. I looked at alot of the scores around the area and it looks like dayton wasnt the only team just giing through the motions.
[/quote]
DOSENT WANT TO PLAY QB  ;) 

[quote name="octfeb" post="1286232" timestamp="1348935612"]
[quote author=BroncQB7 link=topic=103845.msg1286181#msg1286181 date=1348932477]
I've been lurking on here for a little while now, and I figured I'd make my first post this morning.

I really enjoy reading the game threads. It helps me keep up with the Broncos from Louisiana. As a former player, I'm glad this was not around when I played. Y'all would've ripped me apart. Lol

The difference between good teams and average teams, good teams find a way to win when they aren't there best. They win 2 out of the 3 fases of the game. Whether it be offense and defense, special teams and offense, or like last night defense and special teams. Only the really special teams win all 3 every Friday night.  Remember these are kids, and they are going to have off nights. Finding a way to win is what matters, especially in district play. Survive and move on.

Remember this offense is relatively young. First year QB, and a crop of sophomores at different skill positions. The passing game will come. Right now you won't see a lot of timing routes, ie. comebacks, curls, and out routes. What you are see is a QB making one read and if it is not there he is trying to get out of the pocket to scramble. He is not keeping his eyes downfield for the play to develope. Once his first read is gone his eyes seem to immediately look at the rush coming at him. This will come with experience. Unfortunately he is a senior, so the development will have to be quick as we move to the playoffs.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to get my point across. This team will be fine, and they should make a good run. A lot can be said for confidence and swagger. When a team goes out knowing they are going to win, more often than not, they do.
[/quote]YAY!!!!! finally some good common sense...
[/quote]

TRUE DAT  ;D ;D ;D    THE O WAS OFF LAST NIGHT BUT IT WAS GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS KINDA OF GAME. WHEN KYLE LEFT AT HALF TIME I WAS HOPING TO SEE MORE OF THE PONY OUT OF THE BACKFIELD BUT COACHES JUST TRYIN TO STAY HEALTHY IN THIS ONE AND WE WILL TAKE THE W UGLY OR NOT.  ;D

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1286336" timestamp="1348940511"]
Daytons defense looked good and that was [b]without barton or jackson[/b]. Neither one played at all. Daytons offense thats another story. Had some dropped passes that we normally catch but to me chambers either still isnt healthy or is very injury prone. In either case I hope our backup plan isnt to just hike the ball to ryan and have him run left then right. Kenner was a great qb as a freshman and I wonder why he hasnt been getting snaps. I will say for some reason last night felt like the team was very flat. I looked at alot of the scores around the area and it looks like dayton wasnt the only team just giing through the motions.
[/quote]

WAS WONDERING WHY THEY DIDNT PLAY. HAVENT HEARD IF THEY WERE KNICKED UP OR WHAT ???

Hawkeye,

It's not really rah rah stuff when you're talking about confidence and believing. It's just the way it is. That's the way it's been ever since Jerry Stewart arrived in Dayton.

There is no question Dayton had talented players prior to his arrival, but he instilled a certain confidence in players. We believed we were going to be successful, even before some of us had taken a single snap as varsity players.

That swagger and confidence has carried over through the years. Even with him "retiring", that level of confidence still remains. There are times when a team is beat as soon as they see the horseshoe on the helmet.

Also, a lot can been said for the fear of defeat. I guarantee no senior class wants to be the one that breaks the playoff streak.

Finally, I'm not sure if another QB has worn #7 since I graduated. I think a Carranco (sp?) has been #7 since I left. Thanks for the welcoming words. What I would give to strap it up one more time.

[quote name="BroncQB7" post="1286861" timestamp="1348971421"]
Hawkeye,

It's not really rah rah stuff when you're talking about confidence and believing. It's just the way it is. That's the way it's been ever since Jerry Stewart arrived in Dayton.

There is no question Dayton had talented players prior to his arrival, but he instilled a certain confidence in players. We believed we were going to be successful, even before some of us had taken a single snap as varsity players.

That swagger and confidence has carried over through the years. Even with him "retiring", that level of confidence still remains. There are times when a team is beat as soon as they see the horseshoe on the helmet.

Also, a lot can been said for the fear of defeat. I guarantee no senior class wants to be the one that breaks the playoff streak.

[b]Finally, I'm not sure if another QB has worn #7 since I graduated. I think a Carranco (sp?) has been #7 since I left.[/b] Thanks for the welcoming words. What I would give to strap it up one more time.
[/quote]

Cody Green wore #7..... Your location is the giveaway. Good points on the mentality of the Broncos.

[quote name="bronco1" post="1286089" timestamp="1348925496"]
[quote author=DaytonBaseball101 link=topic=103845.msg1285283#msg1285283 date=1348886047]
I have been a bronco fan for many years , never have u seen the broncos not take a knee for an injured player . I have seen it tonight . I am embarrassed to be a bronco fan at this point . [b]Broncos deserve what ever it is they get .[/b][/quote]

What we deserve?
Please go to your mirror, look at that person and tell him, "I'm an idiot".
You are the embarrassement. Please remove the word [b]Dayton[/b] from your screen name.
[/quote]
I wouldn't worry too much about Dayton's players, they are only doing what their coach tells them to do. After the C.E. King game at BH, Price and none of his other coaches were allowed to shake any of the BH coaches or players hands. What does that tell ya? Not exactly good sportsmanship on their part. I do wish the C.E. King player a speedy recovery.

I wouldn't worry too much about Dayton's players, they are only doing what their coach tells them to do. [b]After the C.E. King game at BH, Price and none of his other coaches were allowed to shake any of the BH coaches or players hands. What does that tell ya? Not exactly good sportsmanship on their part.[/b] I do wish the C.E. King player a speedy recovery.

BH15... this is the dumbest post that I have EVER read by a poster from BH. You give anyone from BH a bad name. There is absolutely no truth to this horse sh*$ what-so-ever...!!!! Were you even at the BH vs. King game? If you were, you would have seen a current King coach ( former BH coach ) talking to and congratulating the BH players on a game well played.

It's complete dumb a**es like you that ruin this forum. Tell the truth and stop blabbering your idiocy...!!! Your making false claims on a man's character and integrity.... I'd be careful if I were you. I know some of those King coaches - that's a good way to get you a trip to a medical facility.

everyone can read what they want to about this game.. When the coaches are not blowing up on the players when the score was not dayton by ALOT... IMO just says that they (the coaches) wanted a win with no injuries... Like someone else mentioned.. a couple of key players weren't even playing.. and a couple players that don't start were in the game..

[quote name="bandgeekforlife" post="1287385" timestamp="1349042869"]
[quote author=BroncQB7 link=topic=103845.msg1286964#msg1286964 date=1348976257]
I didn't realize, or remember Cody wearing #7. Hope no one is dissapointed I'm not Cody. Lol.
[/quote]

I think Dakari Pearson wore it.  Not sure about Calvin Davis.
[/quote]

Dak was #8 or 9...Ric Davis was #7

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder