Tarkington at Cleveland Game Thread/Cleveland wins 51-2!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="UKCats" post="1285387" timestamp="1348887203"]
Well this has answered all questions . . . Coldspring, huffman, cleveland. Tarkington is just one year premature and no one else in this district will play with the indians (excluding coldspring and huffman of course)
[/quote]

ALL questions huh? Oh what a can or worms.......anybody got a final?

[quote name="TeamJag-US" post="1285570" timestamp="1348889170"]
[quote author=UKCats link=topic=103834.msg1285387#msg1285387 date=1348887203]
Well this has answered all questions . . . Coldspring, huffman, cleveland. Tarkington is just one year premature and no one else in this district will play with the indians (excluding coldspring and huffman of course)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes questions. . .are you saying that Cleveland would be a sure thing after Liberty hung 20 on them in the fourth quarter last year? Just saying that Tarkington is a better team than last year and for Cleveland to put 51 on them it just legitamizes the caliber of their team for me. I guess you are entitled to your own opinion, but for me it put some clarity on the district standings.

[quote name="UKCats" post="1285639" timestamp="1348890165"]
[quote author=TeamJag-US link=topic=103834.msg1285570#msg1285570 date=1348889170]
[quote author=UKCats link=topic=103834.msg1285387#msg1285387 date=1348887203]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes questions. . .are you saying that Cleveland would be a sure thing after Liberty hung 20 on them in the fourth quarter last year? Just saying that Tarkington is a better team than last year and for Cleveland to put 51 on them it just legitamizes the caliber of their team for me. I guess you are entitled to your own opinion, but for me it put some clarity on the district standings.
[/quote]

This ain't last year for Lib or Cleveland. I don't know diddly about Cleveland except who they've played and what I read on here but there was never doubt in my mind they would be the second or probably third spot barring alien intervention. Tarkington has a [i]better record[/i] than last year, kudos to them for winning the predistrict games they should have been winning the last 10 years, those young men are out there taking care of their business best they can but I didn't think the Horns defense would be a measuring stick for Cleveland.

[quote name="UKCats" post="1285387" timestamp="1348887203"]
[/quote]Tarkington doesn't need to make any plans next year either. It's important to note that Cleveland only starts three seniors total. 3-defense, 0-offense  ;)

Tarkington lacks the speed to compete with a good or even average 3A team. This is not a knock on the kids. Maybe the coaching staff should look into a speed and agility program. I know you cant teach speed, but you can improve it some. Size is always an issue with Tarkington, so as a coach why not try to improve the speed and strength?

[quote name="sports fan 9" post="1287681" timestamp="1349090847"]
Tarkington lacks the speed to compete with a good or even average 3A team. This is not a knock on the kids. Maybe the coaching staff should look into a speed and agility program. I know you cant teach speed, but you can improve it some. Size is always an issue with Tarkington, so as a coach why not try to improve the speed and strength?
[/quote]

Wow you should be traveling around to all the area schools pedaling your wealth of knowledge about speed and agility programs you would make a killing!! You are a clown every coach in the state has strength and agility programs as well as speed training programs Takrington is no different they have some kids with speed but you probably wouldnt know that since you have never seem them play. Go back to your cubicle and continue being just a "fan" and let the professionals take care of football.

You are right. I should let the " professionals" handle the football because i am just a "fan". As it looks, the "professonals" are doing a great jod! Sorry for me being so uneducated in the world of high school football and speed and agility programs. 

I missed getting on Friday night, BUT, I see its all quiet out in Tarkington, I'm glad to see Cleveland ''PROVE'' themselves to a very mouthy Tarkington Fan Club, go back to the drawing boards folks! These boys have heart and have spent many years playing together, Not saying there the best, but your gonna have to pack a pretty big lunch when it comes to these boys.

[quote name="cat001" post="1287715" timestamp="1349095468"]
[quote author=sports fan 9 link=topic=103834.msg1287681#msg1287681 date=1349090847]
[/quote]

Wow you should be traveling around to all the area schools pedaling your wealth of knowledge about speed and agility programs you would make a killing!! You are a clown every coach in the state has strength and agility programs as well as speed training programs Takrington is no different they have some kids with speed but you probably wouldnt know that since you have never seem them play. Go back to your cubicle and continue being just a "fan" and [b]let the professionals take care of football.[/b]
[/quote]

Ok so I've got a question, your apparent bitterness at someone making a suggestion ASIDE (I don't know if you've just got an axe to grind with sports fan or what), be objective. You say "Tarkington is no different they have some kids with speed". Then you say "let the professionals take care of football". There's obviously a "problem" when the score is 51-2. Which is it? Lack of talent (speed, strength, training, genetics, work ethic?) or "the program" the professionals have in place? Outside of one of those things 51-2 can only be attributed to bad luck, does T-town just have bad luck alot? Is Cleveland just that stinking good, that much better year after year?

Some real competition in the district would help ALL the teams. It's alright for one team to be mostly dominate in wins, but geez 40-50 points spread is ridiculous (look at CS vs. Shep. same thing).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298