18-4A Standings & Playoff Picture- 11/3/12

BrenhamFan

[b]18-4A              District    Overall
                          W-L          W-L[/b]
[color=green][b]**Brenham[/b][/color]        7-0          8-1
[b][color=purple]*Montgomery[/color][/b]    6-1          6-3
[color=green][b]*Huntsville[/b][/color]        5-2          6-3
[b][color=maroon]  Magnolia [/color][color=yellow]West[/color][/b] 4-3          5-4
[b][color=maroon]  Waller[/color][/b]              3-4          4-5
[b][color=green]  Rudder[/color][/b]            3-5          3-7
[b][color=maroon]  Caney[/color] [color=yellow]Creek[/color][/b]    1-6          2-7
[b][color=maroon]  Magnolia[/color][/b]          1-6          2-7
[b][color=purple]  Willis[/color][/b]                2-5          2-7

[b]* - Clinched Playoff Spot[/b]
[b]** - Cliched District Title[/b]

Hey, Brenham Fan, now that your Cubs have shut down both Willis and Rudder, do you have a prediction for that game this weekend?  Also, if Mag West, Waller, and Willis all finish 4-4 in the District, and they are all 1-1 against each other, what is the tiebreaker?  Is it some kind of point spread deal or something?  I'm still thinking the Mag West-Waller winner would advance with the 4th spot.

[quote name="Eazy" post="1306584" timestamp="1350860409"]
Hey, Brenham Fan, now that your Cubs have shut down both Willis and Rudder, do you have a prediction for that game this weekend?  Also, if Mag West, Waller, and Willis all finish 4-4 in the District, and they are all 1-1 against each other, what is the tiebreaker?  Is it some kind of point spread deal or something?  I'm still thinking the Mag West-Waller winner would advance with the 4th spot.
[/quote]

I'm gonna say Willis just becuase Rudder's defense is so bad.  I mean, we put up 35 with our back up QB.  Both of Rudder's TD's came after we turned the ball over inside our own 10.  Willis didn't look much better, but that was also by far, the best game we have played.  It's all going to to depend on if Willis can slow Guyton down.  The game decider will be the Rudder offense VS the Willis defense.

As for the tie breaker, I'm not sure, but I think it goes by point spread.

[quote name="UHFALCON" post="1306829" timestamp="1350910316"]
there is a +18 point spread for 3 way ties or even 4 way ties...so they will use head to head scores with 18 being the most(either way-win or loss) as the spread and go from there.  The team closest to 0 or on the + side will advance.
[/quote]Ok.  Well Willis lost to Mag West by 11 and beat Waller by 1, so Willis is sitting at -10.  So they would lose any 3 way tie.  So, I guess Waller would have to defeat Mag West by at least 6 to catch Mag West.  I don't know.  All these districts seem to break ties in different ways, so who knows.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1306916" timestamp="1350918032"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=103552.msg1306826#msg1306826 date=1350909814]
So wehn 19-4A sweeps 20-4A, guess BH or Crosby get's Brenham?????
[/quote]

Likely, but we have to get by one of those Austin area schools first.
[/quote]And they will have to get by Livingston first. ;D

I looked at this some more.  I can't see that Willis or Rudder have any path to the playoffs.  Both of those teams would lose all tiebreakers.  Pretty much it's going to be the Waller-Mag West winner.  One exception is if Willis can win out against Magnolia and Huntsville, and force a 3 way tiebreaker.  Because of Willis's win over Waller, Waller would have to win by a TD over Mag West, or Mag West still advances.  I think. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder