East Chambers at Hardin-Jefferson Game Thread/H-J WINS! 14-13

WOSgrad

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Castor27" post="1278978" timestamp="1348328362"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=103483.msg1278968#msg1278968 date=1348327364]

They won't!  But I give you credit for the "high" that you're on after a one point win over a 2A school. 8)
[/quote]

First, the guy that said that isn't an HJ person, he is an Anahuac person.

Second, this so called one point win over a 2A school is apparently a big game for HJ. If you don't think that go revisit the prediction thread where almost no one felt HJ would be within 20 points of a "2A" school, who by the way, has already beaten several 3A schools. In fact several of the posters in there are Silsbee supporters.

Not sure where that came from, but trivializing a win by someone is not your usual style TV.
[/quote]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1279031" timestamp="1348331591"]
[quote author=Castor27 link=topic=103483.msg1278978#msg1278978 date=1348328362]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=103483.msg1278968#msg1278968 date=1348327364]

They won't!  But I give you credit for the "high" that you're on after a one point win over a 2A school. 8)
[/quote]

Second, this so called one point win over a 2A school is apparently a big game for HJ. If you don't think that go revisit the prediction thread where almost no one felt HJ would be within 20 points of a "2A" school, who by the way, has already beaten several 3A schools. In fact several of the posters in there are Silsbee supporters.

Not sure where that came from, but trivializing a win by someone is not your usual style TV.
[/quote]

Sorry, I didn't know what a "wackpack" was/is?  Had I known, I would have left the statement alone.  But since we are "Close competitors" with H-J, I was not going to let a loose, cheap shot get by - you know, the smack stuff?  And, I did not trivialize the Hawks' win.  I was just taking a stand on a grandiose statement and attempting to put it in proper perspective.  OK? 8)
[/quote]

Yep why I added that wasn't your usual M.O. You are usually one of the more reasonable Silsbee guys ;). AFAIK HJ feels they have to beat 4 teams to make the playoffs. Doesn't matter which 4, and this group of boys is fairly confident that they can do it.

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1279031" timestamp="1348331591"]
[quote author=Castor27 link=topic=103483.msg1278978#msg1278978 date=1348328362]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, I didn't know what a "wackpack" was/is?  Had I known, I would have left the statement alone.  But since we are "Close competitors" with H-J, I was not going to let a loose, cheap shot get by - you know, the smack stuff?  And, I did not trivialize the Hawks' win.  I was just taking a stand on a grandiose statement and attempting to put it in proper perspective.  OK? 8)
[/quote]  lol.  All I said was I hj could beat Silsbee. If you want to take that as smack talk go ahead..... Done with it.  Good luck hj on your season.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1278842" timestamp="1348301168"]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103483.msg1278753#msg1278753 date=1348289115]
HJ came out fighting and never stopped till the end. Great job HJ you played a good game. Everyone has an off night and tonight it was EC, not taking anything away from HJ because they have improved. It just did not look like the same team I've seen the last few weeks. Good luck to both teams with the rest of the year and play on the top end of your game. Prayers for Mr. Trent as he recovers from all of his injury's. God Bless Everyone.
[/quote] An off night???? Dude Really?? Y'all just got beat by a better team and its gonna get worst in district play  ::)
[/quote]You’re just mad because you lost 53 to 13. Which made you go insane and get kick off this site for 7 days. Everyone has a bad day, you have one every day. Look at your karma, you can tell your comments are unintelligent with no data to prove your comments and everyone shows what they think of your comments by giving you -Karma. You would think a normal rational person would figure this out. Heck even your own people tell you to shut up.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1279118" timestamp="1348336578"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=103483.msg1278842#msg1278842 date=1348301168]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103483.msg1278753#msg1278753 date=1348289115]
HJ came out fighting and never stopped till the end. Great job HJ you played a good game. Everyone has an off night and tonight it was EC, not taking anything away from HJ because they have improved. It just did not look like the same team I've seen the last few weeks. Good luck to both teams with the rest of the year and play on the top end of your game. Prayers for Mr. Trent as he recovers from all of his injury's. God Bless Everyone.
[/quote] An off night???? Dude Really?? Y'all just got beat by a better team and its gonna get worst in district play  ::)
[/quote]You’re just mad because you lost 53 to 13. Which made you go insane and get kick off this site for 7 days. Everyone has a bad day, you have one every day. Look at your karma, you can tell your comments are unintelligent with no data to prove your comments and everyone shows what they think of your comments by giving you -Karma. You would think a normal rational person would figure this out. Heck even your own people tell you to shut up.
[/quote]

I do not think 7 days was long enough ;D on the bright side it could be a total implosion if EC beats Kville and he gets the perma ban  ;D ;D

In spite of many confident predictions of an easy win over HJ, the Hawks came out playing with heart.  They never gave up on themselves, and played hard every quarter.  The best offensive play of the game: when the HJ QB kept the ball over the right side and encountered 3 EC players at the defensive end position.  He broke away from all three and bounced outside like a pin ball.  Scrambling down field he broke another tackle and dove into the end zone!  That was great football....  Congratulations HJ.

[color=red]Sorry to disappoint y'all, but for the Hawks, it's all about the team this year, not individuals.  Hardin-Jefferson is learning that it takes a team effort to win.  The Hawks have a lot of young players that are learning "on the job" so to speak.  The team is learning to come together and persevere through adversity as a unit.  There are some athletes that are proving themselves as leaders on the field, but they are letting their actions speak for themselves and in the coming weeks, you will hear about them. But for now, the Hawks are concentrating on working as a team for a common goal......Success on the Football Field.[/color]

This was my posting on the EC vs HJ thread from yesterday.  If you were at the game, you saw exactly what I had described, on the field.  HJ played as a team.  Not taking anything away from #27, he had a good game but the HJ defense was able to contain him (he didn't score at will like some had predicted) and they did it through team work.  Those players that are leading this team on the field showed that this team has come together and encouraging each other to give it their best effort when on the field.  Gone is the negativity and it's been replaced with an urgency to win.  The most amazing thing I saw last night was the excitement from the HJ coaching staff for the the teams performance. Watching the coaches, they were "in the moment" with their team.  Everything they asked those young men to do, the team gave it their best to perform for their coaches.  I might not always agree with the coaches' decisions, but they have helped this team of young men find that spark within themselves to perform on the field.  Whether they make the playoffs or not, who knows?  There is still a lot of games left.  But there is a change at Hardin-Jefferson, the stands are filling up more with every game that is played. The players are noticing it and are striving to give the fans a team that they can be proud of whether they win or lose.  HJ might have won by only 1 point, but the win was worth a lot more to the Hawks after they read they were supposed to lose by 30 or more.  IMHO they like being the underdog who has to prove themselves every week.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1278970" timestamp="1348327465"]
EC still had their #1 back and he got contained!!!!
[/quote]

From the Bmt. Enterprise:

"[i]Roberts finished the game with 20 carries for 205 yards and two touchdowns. [/i]"

"Contained" for 200+ yards and a 10.25 ypc. 

Turnovers were the biggest issue for EC. They kept our "D" out on the field too much and eventually they got tired. 

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1279419" timestamp="1348361222"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=103483.msg1278970#msg1278970 date=1348327465]
[/quote]

"[i]Roberts finished the game with 20 carries for 205 yards and two touchdowns. [/i]"

Turnovers were the biggest issue for EC. They kept our "D" out on the field too much and eventually they got tired. 
[/quote]

Wasn't taking away from his ability.....if you read my statement, I defined "contained" as not having the ability to score at will.  There was a statement made in another thread that EC would score as many times as #27 wanted to cross into the end zone.  HJ respected his ability and had a game plan to "limit" his impact on the game.  They accomplished that goal.  The ability that he has to break tackles and cut back against blocking makes him a threat at all times.  He could have had 5 or 6 TDs against the Hawks if they had underestimated him and the rest of the Bucs.  Sorry if you took my statement in the wrong light, but I was meaning no disrespect to the young man or his abilities.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1279419" timestamp="1348361222"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=103483.msg1278970#msg1278970 date=1348327465]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Didn't seem like Roberts had that many carries for that many yards.  Very surprised EC threw it as much as they did especially with the early interceptions. 

[quote name="bmrm" post="1279537" timestamp="1348366408"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=103483.msg1279526#msg1279526 date=1348366006]
I dunno. I can't vouch for it. I just got it from the Bmt. Enterprise website.
[/quote]
Not doubting you - just didn't seem like Roberts was as productive as reported.
[/quote]
I think the 75 yard run helped most of this.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder