Nederland-Vidor showdown looms

AggiesAreWe

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1274357" timestamp="1347904755"]
Great article!  This game will be the best game of the season.  It may very well come down to who has the ball last.  Both teams are great and Sept 28 can't come fast enough!

GO PIRATES!!
[/quote]

I dont think it will, I  think it comes down to least crucial turnovers!

[quote name="Blackbuc" post="1274361" timestamp="1347904982"]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=103301.msg1274357#msg1274357 date=1347904755]
Great article!  This game will be the best game of the season.  It may very well come down to who has the ball last.  Both teams are great and Sept 28 can't come fast enough!

GO PIRATES!!
[/quote]

I dont think it will, I  think it comes down to [b]least crucial turnovers[/b]!
[/quote]

I agree with you on that.  That plays a huge factor no matter what game during the season you are playing.  ;)

Nice article but do believe Coach Mathews is blowing sunshine at Nederland. Trying to get the DOGS a little more confidence so as not to focus on Vidor. Well it is not going to work as the DOGS are solely focused on going to The Bone-yard and leaving with a win that will be hard earned for sure. Vidor is definitely not the underdog in this one as they are 3-0 and Nederland is 2-1.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1274567" timestamp="1347915781"]
[b]Nice article but do believe Coach Mathews is blowing sunshine at Nederland.[/b] Trying to get the DOGS a little more confidence so as not to focus on Vidor. Well it is not going to work as the DOGS are solely focused on going to The Bone-yard and leaving with a win that will be hard earned for sure. Vidor is definitely not the underdog in this one as they are 3-0 and Nederland is 2-1.
[/quote]

I think Coach Mathews quotes in the article are a fine example of good sportsmanship.....giving credit where credit is due.

[quote name="incognito" post="1274613" timestamp="1347919047"]
[quote author=phunter308 link=topic=103301.msg1274567#msg1274567 date=1347915781]
[b]Nice article but do believe Coach Mathews is blowing sunshine at Nederland.[/b] Trying to get the DOGS a little more confidence so as not to focus on Vidor. Well it is not going to work as the DOGS are solely focused on going to The Bone-yard and leaving with a win that will be hard earned for sure. Vidor is definitely not the underdog in this one as they are 3-0 and Nederland is 2-1.
[/quote]

I think Coach Mathews quotes in the article are a fine example of good sportsmanship.....giving credit where credit is due.
[/quote]
I don't think Mathews is blowing no smoke, he has a great deal of respect for Nederlands football program.

I think you may be confusing gamesmanship for sportsmanship. Mathews is a smart coach who has been around enough to play head games. Believe me we appreciate all the praise but if you think that that is all it is you are not reading between the lines. I mean no disrespect at all. Coach Mathews is a great coach. Ne may need to pass a little more but we shall see.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1274687" timestamp="1347925671"]
[b]I think you may be confusing gamesmanship for sportsmanship.[/b] Mathews is a smart coach who has been around enough to play head games. Believe me we appreciate all the praise but if you think that that is all it is you are not reading between the lines. I mean no disrespect at all. Coach Mathews is a great coach. Ne may need to pass a little more but we shall see.
[/quote]
And i think you may be reading too much into quotes in a newspaper.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1274702" timestamp="1347927108"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103301.msg1274689#msg1274689 date=1347925845]
I wont be losing my bet in this one. NED wins.  ;)
[/quote]

Mr. Garrity you sure sound confident:

A. Are you giving up the same 10 points with that prediction as some of the other puppy fans (I want some)?

B. Are you referee in this game?
[/quote] Thats between me and mytwocents  ;)

Actually,almost as many Pirate fans are picking Vidor by double digits as Ned fans are. I believe YOU picked Vidor by 10 and a score of 31/21 so why are you asking Buddy for 10 points now? I don't think the margin on this game will be double digits no matter who wins it. I also think it will be fairly low scoring.

Vidor by double digits: Robanadana, dustoff33, vidor96pirates, jmoore..

Nederland by double digits:thedogs1987, buddy Garrity, tdavis9, bulldog1984,mr. Happy, trocket, dmeast11111, png proud, dogs1988, godogs27.

I think it will be a close and low scoring game. I agree with a previous post saying that a big key in this game will be what happens the handful of times that Vidor throws it. I will take the Dogs 17/14.

[quote name="jake94" post="1274722" timestamp="1347928979"]
Actually,almost as many Pirate fans are picking Vidor by double digits as Ned fans are. I believe YOU picked Vidor by 10 and a score of 31/21 so why are you asking Buddy for 10 points now? I don't think the margin on this game will be double digits no matter who wins it. I also think it will be fairly low scoring.

Nederland by double digits:thedogs1987, buddy Garrity, tdavis9, bulldog1984,mr. Happy, trocket, dmeast11111, png proud, dogs1988, godogs27.

I think it will be a close and low scoring game. I agree with a previous post saying that a big key in this game will be what happens the handful of times that Vidor throws it. I will take the Dogs 17/14.
[/quote] Yessir, i do have it by double-digits (for NED), but i forgot the exact score i said before the season started, maybe mytwocents remembers??  :-\

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1274725" timestamp="1347929565"]
[quote author=jake94 link=topic=103301.msg1274722#msg1274722 date=1347928979]

[/quote] Yessir, i do have it by double-digits (for NED), but i forgot the exact score i said before the season started, maybe mytwocents remembers??  :-\
[/quote]
You said a ten point spread. And i assume we are still up for our wager?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1274741" timestamp="1347931028"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103301.msg1274725#msg1274725 date=1347929565]
[quote author=jake94 link=topic=103301.msg1274722#msg1274722 date=1347928979]

[/quote]
You said a ten point spread. And i assume we are still up for our wager?
[/quote]yessir  8)

[quote name="coach wade" post="1274692" timestamp="1347926153"]
Jeff has always had nothing but respect for all of vidors opponents.  I think he was giving credit where credit is due.  [b]Nederland is the defending champs and they return more starters then anyone else in the district.
[/quote][/b]

Exactly, Nederland is defending district 20-4A champs until proven otherwise, therefore they go into this game as the clear favorite. As for Mathews trying to get into Nederlands head...maybe, but he says the same types of things in the locker room to his players. With Mathews what you see is what you get.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder