Will Football EVER Come Back To Lamer

skipper

I-AA or FCS is a good start for 2 or 3 years, however fans in this area will not be supportive unless LU is playing FBS. No one wants to see LU vs SFA or Sam Houston.

LU would get better support playing UH or Baylor.

Recruiting will be a serious problem, unless they can land a big name coach to help sell the program. I am a LU fanatic, but I'm keepin it real

Guest bcofgsa

Has Lamar BMT added softball??? Softball brings in to much money for Lamar to add it.One good tournament could pay for a whole season. LU BMT keeps letting our girls leave to the likes of ULL,MCNEESE,LSU and the list keeps getting bigger. When the last time you saw a major soccer tournament in BMT? Softball is bringing millions to Bmt and the Golden Triangle every year. I miss football at LU. It gave a lot of LOCAL players a chance to play 4 more years and get a good education that they might not have been able to . WAKE UP LU. ADD SOFTBALL AND FOOTBALL TO LU BMT.

LU already approved softball. LU already released plans for a softball stadium. LU approved and hired a women's soccer coach. LU is now in compliance with title IX. Why would LU comply to title IX unless football is coming back.

I think LU will announce football plans soon. The big conference realignment is coming . LU needs a football program to get in a better conference.

Beaumont would support football if done correctly. A few years ago Cardinal stadium was packed with out of town college teams. The same can be done for LU if football was marketed correctly.

Sunbelt would take LU back. The Sunbelt is desperate for I-A teams. However the Sunbelt would not get SETX excited much. The Sunbelt is barely above the Southland. BTW, Southland schools are whipping Sun schools this year in bball.

I agree, scratch to I-A would be a disaster. Tubbs mentioned starting at I-AA then moving up. It would also be a disaster to start I-AA and remain I-AA.

I think CUSA will take a big hit in the realignment. CUSA will either dissolve the conference or invite Sunbelt schools. Sunbelt will dissolve or invite Southland schools. Southland would invite UTPA, Centenary, Delta st, aND Tar st. Not very pretty for any of the conferences.

LU should join other regional schools with large to mid-size markets to start a new conference.

With the exception of LA-tech, all markets must be MSA population +300,000.

results;

North Texas

La-tech

La-laf

Tulsa

Tulane

SMU

Lamar

Southern Miss.

Rice

UT-San Antonio

AM-Corpus Christi

other could include

UH.....i think UH might get the Big 12 invite if Colorado go Pac-10, well PAC 12

UAB...UAB might follow Memphis in joining Louisville and Cincy

Middle tenn st....join western kentucky in joining the MVC

South Alabama...join troy along with other Sunbelt Florida teams in a NEW florida conference.

Troy

Arkansas st....a 12th member is still needed.

Last I heard CUSA was pretty strong with its 12 members.  Of course UH is always looking to move up to a BCS conference, that said La. Tech is the next closest option, and logical.  You never know what will happen when reallignment rears its ugly head.  Man do I miss the days of the Southwest Conference.

I think you heard wrong.

Memphis wants out of the CUSA.

UAB wants to follow Memphis to another conference, I'm not sure they can.

UCF wants out. 

UH wants out...MWC or a long shot for Big 12

Marshall is looking.

Tulane sports department is struggling

East Carolina wants out.

that leaves

SMU

Rice

Tulsa

Southern miss

UTEP....then UTEP will want out if UH leaves.

I know it would never happen but it would be cool to see an all Texas conference.  We have 10 Div I-A teams now.  Can stay with that, or have two Div I-AA teams to move up, and create...

...the TEXAS 10  or  the TEXAS 12

or even something like the LONE STAR 10 (OR 12)

Just a thought...that's do-able.

If Colorado is stupid enough to go to the PAC 10 then I would think the league would want TCU before UH.  You can bet the Big 12 continuously kicks themselves for taking Baylor over TCU.

Why do you think it would be stupid to make the move? Pac has a much larger market. The PAC will go 12 in 2010. The question is who will be the two lucky teams.

here is the likely list of canidates.

Colorado

New Mexico

BYU

Air Force

Fresno s

San Diego

UNLV

Who would replace Colorado in the Big 12...

list:

TCU

UTEP

UH

Will Arkansas and Missouri do a Big 12/SEC switch?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder