Who are Nederland's top players?

Vpirate

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Blackbuc" post="1272352" timestamp="1347720105"]
I guess I really want to know, [size=18pt][b]who do they have that vidor can't stop? 
Or who do they have that can stop vidor everplay[/b][/size]?
[/quote]

Here's your answer to both questions...

[move][size=24pt][b]the NEDERLAND BULLDOGS!!!!![/b][/size][/move]

[quote name="Blackbuc" post="1272352" timestamp="1347720105"]
I guess I really want to know, who do they have that vidor can't stop? 
Or who do they have that can stop vidor everplay?
[/quote]
they return alot of what we saw last year. very good players, very good defense and offense seems to be finding itself rather well and quickly.

the big question is, why is automatically assumed that they got so much better and we didn't at all.
some ned fans are gonna be in for a shock come 28 sept.

Vidor has just as many returning players and they are talented. Nederland does not underestimate Vidor at all. Vidor is on a roll and their defense is top notch. I think it will come down to execution and possibly the kicker, which I think Tanner gives us an edge. I mean he made a 36 yard in pouring and I mean pouring rain last night.

I think the better question is - Who does Vidor have that will be able to move the ball on Nederland?  The only two that made alittle noise last year are gone. (Clark and Plummer) I really love jeff, but he made a huge mistake last year when he pulled Plummer the 2nd half. This should be a low scoring close game, but it would not surprise me to see Ned win by 2 or more TD's.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1272444" timestamp="1347724661"]
[quote author=Blackbuc link=topic=103205.msg1272352#msg1272352 date=1347720105]
[/quote]
they return alot of what we saw last year. very good players, very good defense and offense seems to be finding itself rather well and quickly.

the big question is, why is automatically assumed that they got so much better and we didn't at all.
[/quote]

Dustoff, what you are talking about is referred to as "being a fan"...vidor does the same by assuming that they are dramatically improved and will beat a Nedeerland team that is status quo from last year...the only way to sette it is to play it...the Dogs will have to minimize turnovers to win...it almost cost them the vidor game last year (vidor had less than 200 yards of total offense)...if they can do that, I think they win in a tough, very hard fought game...both teams are really good and I expect a very entertaining game...others may have something to say about this as district progresses, but I figured these 2 be the two best teams before the season and nothing has happened to change my mind about that

[quote name="Razor" post="1272600" timestamp="1347731593"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=103205.msg1272444#msg1272444 date=1347724661]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Dustoff, what you are talking about is referred to as "being a fan"...vidor does the same by assuming that they are dramatically improved and will beat a Nedeerland team that is status quo from last year...the only way to sette it is to play it...the Dogs will have to minimize turnovers to win...it almost cost them the vidor game last year (vidor had less than 200 yards of total offense)...if they can do that, I think they win in a tough, very hard fought game...both teams are really good and I expect a very entertaining game...others may have something to say about this as district progresses, but I figured these 2 be the two best teams before the season and nothing has happened to change my mind about that
[/quote]Well said Razor.....

[quote name="Razor" post="1272600" timestamp="1347731593"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=103205.msg1272444#msg1272444 date=1347724661]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
as pointed out by Ned fans all spring and summer, last year has no bearing here and i agree with that. the point i was making(and not really a point but a statement) i have heard all summer(not neccessarily all on this forum) how much improved Ned was and no-one in 20-4a stood a chance. where i agree as fans you talk up your team and pick them to win(got no issue with smack talk, that's why we are here), i don't agree with constantly putting a team down(as some have done). and i agree top two 20-4a teams will meet sept. 28th and the better team will win. Good Luck to both!

I believe some pirate faithful are doing more saber rattling than Dog fans are barking...too bad because I really respect Vidor and their players and coaches...they have done a great job with their program and have a really good team...my respect is difficult to translate towards some of the pirate posters on here, though...no doubt this has game of the year potential written all over it

Blacbuc,I will be interested to see who you think are the best Bulldog players after the game.The Dogs know you can accomplish great things if you do not worry about who gets the credit!IMO to many great players on this team that shine at different times to name anyone as our best player.It called being a very good team.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1274265" timestamp="1347900095"]
Keep barking chihuahuas...you need to read your history books about the last time you played in Vidor. BTW, we returned the same amount of players as you including the best football player in this area.
[/quote]

Do you really want to bring up Ned vs Vidor history?  Or only the history that benefits your team.  LOL.

[quote name="Razor" post="1274276" timestamp="1347901158"]
I believe some pirate faithful are doing more saber rattling than Dog fans are barking...too bad because I really respect Vidor and their players and coaches...they have done a great job with their program and have a really good team...my respect is difficult to translate towards some of the pirate posters on here, though...no doubt this has game of the year potential written all over it
[/quote]

The respect is mutual Razor; it's all in good fun...if you didn't get respect know one would pay you any attention. You see much LCM talk on this board????

[quote name="robanadana" post="1274347" timestamp="1347904363"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=103205.msg1274276#msg1274276 date=1347901158]
[/quote]

The respect is mutual Razor; it's all in good fun...if you didn't get respect know one would pay you any attention. You see much LCM talk on this board????
[/quote]

While I am surprised at some of the things Robana says I know its all in good fun.... I sat right behind you at the Clear Brook game but I did not realize who you were til now haha... Its all good Dog fans, we are just proud of our boys!

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1274296" timestamp="1347902137"]
Blacbuc,I will be interested to see who you think are the best Bulldog players after the game.The Dogs know you can accomplish great things if you do not worry about who gets the credit!IMO to many great players on this team that shine at different times to name anyone as our best player.It called being a very good team.
[/quote]

While I have not seen Nederland play...From the highlights on the News, Yall have a defensive end that is scary....that will be Vidors weakness... Someone that the backs can not run through like him!!! What is his name...I think he was #82 but i dont remember very well

[quote name="Blackbuc" post="1274429" timestamp="1347908641"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=103205.msg1274424#msg1274424 date=1347908212]
Probably thinking of #90 Deshawn Washington. The kid is a beast.. Big and fast..
[/quote]

He was a big, white boy.... thats must be him. He looks like a beast and also looks like a problem for Vidor
[/quote]That would be Couron.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder