Bridge City at Beaumont Kelly Game Thread/Bridge City wins 35-0!

WOSgrad

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Aggieallstar" post="1274891" timestamp="1347943121"]
Maybe Kelly should have hired him. He was a bystander on the sidelines after all. He might have actually watched some good football last year.  ;)
[/quote] believe me he is more than a bystander. He's been more involved with Kelly/St. Anne (where Hartsfield came from) than you think.

Aggieallstar do you honestly think that hartsfield went there for one year and just left? I am sure there are reasons behind him leaving that know one will ever know about. If the coaches where smart they adapt to the kida that they have and realize that the 3-4 defense is not going to work with the atheletes kelly has right now. Which i think 1,000 rushing yards in two games proves that point. i dont even think the 3-4 defense  would have worked last year with the athletes kelly had.  Just because Roger kroby and aggieallstar and gatorpie have an SETXsports account they think they can get on here and act like they know what they are talking about but in fact they are just by standers who thinks their opinion over powers evreyone elses opinion. I can honestly say everything out of your mouth is false. i will personally back kellybaseketball as well i know who he is and he knows who i am and we have been around for a while. with that said everyone else get your facts right before you come in here and bash on these boys.

Kellys main problem is they will not let some players play both ways Armondo kicked butt in houston at a camp with top flight 4 and 5A talent won defensive mvp now only plays on the offensive line. Ryan Bean is the best linebacker on the team (hes out right now) but he should be playing linebacker too. Taylor Jones is the nose tackle you need for the 3-4 doesnt even get in the game at nose guard. Kelly has 150 yards total in 2 games and gave up 1,000 rushing yards in 2 games. Playing both ways at Kelly is something all the good teams in the past have done from the state the two semi final teams in 2000 and 2003 even last years state runner up team. For 9 years Kelly has been building a solid football program and it takes one coach to come in a ruin everything we worked hard for. Let me repeat myself 1,000 rushing yards in 2 games...........

[quote name="Aggieallstar" post="1274779" timestamp="1347933149"]
Good point. I'm puzzled by the last two hirings though. Coach Stump and Long were proven coaches. Hiring a middle school coach, which happened to work out and I don't know what he actually did, and now a secondary coach. Hartsfield knew when to get out.
[/quote]
That "middle school coach" could take his 4 of his middle school teams and played west sabine and bridge city and they wouldnt have given up 1000 rushing yards. If you actually watched the games you would have seen that the 4-2 5 defense they ran put players in positions to make plays. For example the 2 defensive tackles took on the O-line so Brantley Wilson could run freely to make tackles I love Brantley but you cant expect your linebackers to take on guards and centers every play and make tackles without having any help from the nose guard position. The middle school coach as you put would have this team 2-0 right now

Goodness  It's still early but a year or two of them getting beat like this will hurt the football team. They were finally getting the numbers up after Eskue left  Kelly used to have a freshman team, jayvee and varsity. Now they barely have a jayvee but the numbers were increasing. Two years of this and there will just be a varsity. It's early though, things could turn around. I hope they don't continue to get beat like this.

Just putting it out there:
1)Kelly is NOT recruiting.

2)That list of players was ridiculous. Ledet has been injured. So let's let him be healthy enough to play before we make him an all stater. Bean, injured vs West Sabine, held out vsBC and is WAYTOOSLOW to be a linebacker, but the boy is one hell of a lineman, offensively and defensively. Jones has good size, but doesn't use it and is blown off the ball constantly so stop that.

3)Holmes is plugging in his defense for NEXT year, sorry, just REALITY. 3-4 is a gap responsibility defense, totally different from the 4-2-5 which is designed for the getting upfield NOW and freeing the 2 MLB and S . Give the man some time before you change his whole coaching philosophy. lmaoS at modern day logic.

4)Who cares what offense they run, that should be effective NOW, need patch that OLine quick.

5)They lost 18 seniors that were starters, there's going to be a fall off and usually a steep one at such a small school due to lack of experience. Give it more than two weeks like omgZzs

6)Hartsfield jumped off a sinking ship, he knew this was coming and at the first sign of any type of disagreement with school, parents or otherwise I'm sure he gladly saved his "STERLING ONE HIT WONDER" Head Coach resume and is now breathing down the neck of the poor guy at HJ, who Clint will prolly have his job at another opportune moment here in the near future...

So I guess what I'm saying is calm down! Yes the stats look bad, but in game 1 Kelly was outclassed in terms of athleticism(West Sabine will be playing in December with all their SENIORS/and watch next yr too, decline) and their offense was with out their leader in game 2 due to an injury and had a QB running an offense he'd practiced for 5 days... I think you'll be surprised by how things shake out here in the coming weeks once the injury bug leaves Kelly Drive and this group of boys start to become a team...

Realitysettingin hahahahahahaha your like everyone else a bystander who thinks you know everything but really your just an idiot. And let me clear something up Kelly has had 5 coaches in the last nine years if anyone was smart you would think about that so we can all thank the AWESOME administration for that work they are doing! Y'all are doing such a great job! Coaches just don't get up and leave if they are that close to the kids and really care for them sorry doesn't happen. I hope reality just sat in. O and reality read a book about defenses before you start commenting big dog

Hahaha go talk baseball or fishing trout man... None of what you just said was factual EXCEPT that about the coaches, there are 4 old geezers but didn't really say anything truthful about them when you went on lol I've been to a couple practices and Kelly is trying to install a gap control d. Do your hw noob. O and if you thought you got me by using my name in a post just quit life

I can tell you right now I'm not a noob we will just leave it at that...so I'll let you feel good about yourself and tell you man you really told me of and got me good. Good luck to Kelly highschool I mean it and for the whole next year thing yeah they will be better they will go from winning 0 to winning 2.

RealitysettingIn I never said anything about all state Ledet went to a showcase in Houston with the best talent in Texas and won defensive MVP and doesnt play one down of defense at Kelly if he was so hurt why did he play the whole game on offense??? All Im saying is at Kelly the best players play both ways its what we do we take pride in it 2nd you are saying Holmes is plugging his defense in for next year???? Really so what about the seniors and kids who have worked their butt off for for years just say ahh screw them i waiting for next season. 3rd since you are so close in the Kelly community you of all people should know what happened and why hartsfield left. Please spare with the West Sabine crap for goodness sakes its West Sabine 1A or 2A school who quite frankly wouldnt even have called to get on the schedule any other time than this year. Kelly has played great teams and NEVER gave up 600 rushing yards. Yes the QB was hurt but 150 yards total in two games is plain embarrassing

Enough already people!  Give it a break.  Keep these points in mind as you throw around accusations.

1.  The senior class from last year was probably one of the best football classes at Kelly over the past decade.  So comparing this year to last is not fair to this year's kids, or coaches.

2.  Kelly does not have the money to give out scholarships nor recruit.  Sometimes people switch schools simply because they feel there are better opportunities at their new school, both athletically and academically.

3.  Any coach, especially a new coach, wants to implement a system or scheme on offense that they feel will be most successful over the life of the program, not just this year.

4.  Add to the previous point that this coaching staff, at least half, are new to this team.  The Head Coach took over in late July.  He had no spring practice to introduce his systems and schemes.  So, in his month with these kids, not only does he need to assess and evaluate his players, he needs to introduce them to his offense and defense in a crash course month.  Hard to do for anyone to do and be successful.

5.  Coach Hartsfield did not leave because he saw a sinking ship on the horizon.  I spoke with him the week before he left Kelly.  Yes, he knew this year would be an off year for Kelly.  But he was very excited about the current sophmore and freshman class.  There is good athleticism in those grades.  I think his AD duties were the problem.  Furthermore, a guy wanting to coach for a year, then leave because he saw the ship sinking, does not go through spring practice with a team, actively seek coaches for baseball and softball during the summer, then leave at the end of summer.  If he truly felt he was a one and done coach, he would have secured his job by end of school, not end of summer.

Give Coach Holmes, his staff, and these kids a break.  He has only been with these kids a month.

I would argue that the 07 and 08 team had better players than the 11' team. 07 for sure. The 09 and 10' team were very close to this team talent wise, but were never beat like this. Still a lot of football left to be played though. New coaches, kids and system. I agree it takes time, hopefully not 2 years to see improvement though. I know everyone is trying hard, good luck.

[quote name="REALITYsettingIN" post="1276288" timestamp="1348096704"]
Thank you for restating everything I said... Except the Hartsfield business, he is a great guy, just think he recognized what was ahead personally...
[/quote]

You haven't a clue why Hartsfield left. He loved the kids at Kelly and he loved coaching there. I dont know you, but you seem to be the guy that thinks he knows it all and actually does not know anything. He is not the type of guy that would leave just becasue he knew his program might struggle for a year. WHy dont you ask him why he left or listen to the people that do know instead of trying to act like you know it all

[quote name="Aggieallstar" post="1276441" timestamp="1348111468"]
I would argue that the 07 and 08 team had better players than the 11' team. 07 for sure. The 09 and 10' team were very close to this team talent wise, but were never beat like this. Still a lot of football left to be played though. New coaches, kids and system. I agree it takes time, hopefully not 2 years to see improvement though. I know everyone is trying hard, good luck.
[/quote]

that was probably the most talented team to come out of Kelly, ever.

I think one of the reasons for Kelly's success was Clint working with these boys through the years at St. Anne...a tough task for Coach Falgout to duplicate.

As for Coach holmes.. I hope it works out...

I agree with you puddin. I think it was a combination of good coaching in the middle school all the way through the high school. The talent level can vary but the kids always had quality coaches. I'm not trying to imply that they don't now, the coaches are new and time will tell. I will say that Kelly does have some good players there currently, the quarterback is very tough and talented and there are a few others.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder