NEWTON VS. ORANGEFIELD BROADCAST/NEWTON WINS 40-14!

WOSgrad

The Newton Eagles make their final preparations for 10-2A-I play as they travel to Orangefield to take on the Bobcats.  W.T. Johnston's Eagles come into the game 2-0 on the season after defeating Liberty last week 64-13.  Meanwhile, Josh Smalley's Bobcats are still in search of their first victory on the young season after falling to Jasper last week 55-14.

Join Bobby Fillyaw and Donnie Meek for all of the action from F.L. McLain Stadium in Orangefield beginning with the pregame at 6:30 pm and the kickoff at 7 pm by clicking on the following link:

http://www.legacysportsnetwork.com/Audio/2012-2013/Football/SETX/Newton.htm

Bringing you Newton Eagle Football on The Legacy Sports Network and Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports!

Bobcats played great the first half .Keep your heads up yall played a great and tuff team every year

Now as far as the Bobcat pride the fans used to have at Orangefield thats gone .....
I love my bobcats and will bleed orange forever ,Parents , fans who ever else is there to watch the bobcats, stand up cheer for them kids it my be your kid playing are you nephew grandson who ever it my be support them kids thats the worse fans ive ever seen in them bobcats stands.....

As a team Orangefield came out and played tough, physical football. Youth on the line for Newton showed as Orangefield continually handled Newton on both sides of the ball. Newton's athletic backs were able to break a few plays to score, but it was mainly their individual efforts that allowed them to do so. Orangefield drove the ball on offense, but turned it over too many times. Congrats to the Eagles on getting the win, but also good luck to the Bobcats and keep playing hard like tonight and good things will come.

OF fumbled twice driving when it was still a game.  Had two 4th down plays end up disastrously.  OF is very young.  Will only lose a few seniors, so they have several kids on Varsity for the first time.  Funny someone should mention the fans.  My sons were discussing that at home, it holds true for all of our sports.  It's gonna take Smalley a while to turn things around, but he's on the right path! The boys just need a lil break in the schedule.  If we quit putting the ball on the ground it will help immensely.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86