How in the world did former #1 CUJO lose to Lancaster?

Don't know if you watch track very much but Lancaster has won like 5 straight track championships. In the off season maybe somebody showed those guys how to [b]catch[/b] and block to run the ball. They have had the talent, some might be playing football this year. I'm guessing they found a decent coach with that talent......
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/high-school/post/_/id/1165/lancaster-keeps-state-track-field-titles-coming
With senior hurdlers Tyler Stephenson and Kendall Hayes leading the way, Lancaster scored 72 points in the 4A state meet Friday in Austin, 34 more than second-place Angleton.

Stephenson, a Baylor football signee, won both hurdle races. Hayes, who has signed a football scholarship with Louisiana Tech, was second in the 110s and fourth in the 300s. Both hope to mix track with football in college.

this^^^^^

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1268177" timestamp="1347438325"]
Don't know if you watch track very much but Lancaster has won like 5 straight track championships. In the off season maybe somebody showed those goes how to [b]catch[/b] and block to run the ball. They have had the talent, some might be playing football this year. I'm guessing they found a decent coach with that talent......
[/quote] wow, didnt know they were still that good in track. I know CUJO is a very fast team from what i saw, lots of athletes.

And that's why they play the games!!!!!! Any given night that can happen to anyone!!!!

Now, being from East Texas, I know there was much shock about the upset... I don't think John Tyler saw it coming... I follow Coach Holmes on Twitter, and here is his tweet from Friday night... If you don't know anything about this guy, he is greatness.... He truly believes they didn't get beat, they beat themselves....

Friday: "In the end, beating John Tyler is all that matters, we can never lose to John Tyler and tonight John Tyler beat us #JTU"

I feel sorry for Tyler Lee on Friday night....

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1268531" timestamp="1347474459"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=103000.msg1268524#msg1268524 date=1347473740]
I saw lots of pre-season talk saying Lancaster would be good and would surprise some teams this year.
[/quote] are they in a tough district?
[/quote]

Not sure.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder