angletons visitor side

chorizo

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1265921" timestamp="1347204710"]
Texas Bob has the capacity at 8800. How much of that is for visitors? Any Wildcat's care to give us the heads up? Thanks
[/quote]

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1280

It's a new stadium opened in 2009, so I would doubt the visitor side would be that small. 

The visitor seating capacity is 3200. Home side is about 5000-5500. Kind of like the Pearland stadium but a bit smaller. When they first built the stadium they realized that the visitor side was too small so they added 1000 more seats and had them installed and finished right before the opening game.

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1265966" timestamp="1347208839"]
I didn't think you could do that by the UIL rules.
[/quote] Ever been to a game in Abilene? Large student sections every game on the visitor side with the band and drill team on that same side as well, its quite intimidating for the visiting team

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1266429" timestamp="1347242208"]
[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=102834.msg1265966#msg1265966 date=1347208839]
I didn't think you could do that by the UIL rules.
[/quote] Ever been to a game in Abilene? Large student sections every game on the visitor side with the band and drill team on that same side as well, its quite intimidating for the visiting team
[/quote]

I went to a game in Plainview a few years back and it was that way, about 1/3 of the visitor stands were Plainview fans. We sat on the visitors side thinking it would be less crowded, no such luck.

Posted by: 85' HUSKER
« on: September 10, 2012, 09:25:05 AM » Insert Quote

All I know, I have have season tickets and already have tickets for Angleton. If there isn't a seat when I arrive there will be a few tuba's and players going over the backside, cause I'm a grouchy old man.   

Ha ha .... love it!  I'm with you on that 85'  ;)

You should've been @ the Angleton vs. Dawson playoff game last year. It was played @ The Rig in Pearland, and Angleton filled up the entire visitor's side, half of the HOME side, AND some small (temporary) stands that were placed outside one end zone. The rest (PART of the other half the home side) was filled with Dawson fans. It was GREAT!... Except for the part when Dawson won.  >:(
I Hope we meet up again this year. If so, this time there will likely be a different outcome. :P

[quote name="BigDog007" post="1267533" timestamp="1347379313"]
Well its going to be tight it sounds Just Neds band has around 280+,  westernaires 36, plus flags and twirlers. So thats one whole section filled. From the buzz around Nederland it sounds like the last one out of town will need to turn the lights out.
[/quote]
Dang! Nearly 20% of the student body is in the band? That's a lot.

I'm sure that will make for a sweeeet halftime show too! I want to wish everyone who is traveling to Angleton a safe and careful drive to and from the game. We're looking foreward to a packed house! Also, we should pray for an Injury-free game for both teams because we know that this one will be a hard hitting playoff type game / atmosphere, and we will need all of our players to stay healthy for as much of the season as possible. Just a couple more days and it'll be on! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder