Deweyville vs. San Augustine

DP70

Who wins? Deweyville or San Augustine?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? Deweyville or San Augustine?

• Deweyville
    • San Augustine

Last year Deweyville held a strong San Augustine offense to it's lowest scoring game all season. One offensive touchdown and a defensive touchdown. San Augustine's predicted dominance in 1A is somethin to worry about, as well as the success they had in 7 on 7. But with a new HC and attitude, Deweyville might turn some heads.

Predictions anyone?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last 2 years both games have been super competitive and close fought affairs.  SA will possibly be the  best team on the Pirates schedule this year, they are that good.  The Pirates need to shore up their secondary, primarily the cornerbacks and cut down on the penalties.  Also the special teams need to be addressed, you need to have players on your special teams that are capable and have the ability to help your team.  The Wolves will be hungry after losing their first game so the Pirates better match that intensity they will bring come Friday night at Pirate Stadium.  Good luck to both teams and praying for a injury free game.

[quote name="JesseJames" post="1265547" timestamp="1347159113"]
The Wolves will be looking to make a showing after their loss to Grace! Not sure it will be a shutout like last year. But, I think the Pack should be able to at least figure out how to buckle their chin straps! ::)
[/quote]
Last year the Pirates got out coached not out played...  This year they will not be out coached or out played it will be A good game but PIRATES will upset the Wolves..............

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1265607" timestamp="1347160796"]
I have no respect for SA for the simple fact they walked off the field with a running clock in the 3rd quarter a few yrs ago against Kirbyville. We were up 56-0 and the whimps walked off the field and into the locker room and got dressed and left the game....WHERE THEY DO THAT AT??
[/quote]

Bud you gotta let that go.  It's a new regime in SA now.

As for this game SA is gonna have to show up and play good solid ball.  Last weeks loss doesn't look so bad knowing Tyler Grace just walloped a not terrible 3A school.  I think SA bounces back and gets a win this week, but it won't be easy by any means.

I have no respect for SA for the simple fact they walked off the field with a running clock in the 3rd quarter a few yrs ago against Kirbyville. We were up 56-0 and the whimps walked off the field and into the locker room and got dressed and left the game....WHERE THEY DO THAT AT??
[/quote]
New Coach, New Team! Get a life! SMH

[quote name="Piratesdad4410" post="1265579" timestamp="1347160063"]
[quote author=JesseJames link=topic=102800.msg1265547#msg1265547 date=1347159113]
The Wolves will be looking to make a showing after their loss to Grace! Not sure it will be a shutout like last year. But, I think the Pack should be able to at least figure out how to buckle their chin straps! ::)
[/quote]
Last year the Pirates got out coached not out played...  This year they will not be out coached or out played it will be A good game but PIRATES will upset the Wolves..............
[/quote]
I will say this.........you will start saying that about the new coach once a little adversity sets in for the Pirates.  I have always thought the pirates played tough but was short on speed and talent.  Ya'll have beaten a terrible Sabine Pass team and a young Evadale team.  Your schedule only gets tougher from here out.  I want to see what you say when the Pirates get throttled by Corrigan, Groveton, New Waverly, and Hemphill.  In the pirates defense, ya'll never get outplayed maybe outcoached....For once......why dont you guys support the coach when times get tough also and maybe someone will stay awhile.....thats how you build a winner.......support through thick and thin.
I hope ya'll beat SA but I dont see playoffs for the pirates until ya'll drop to 1A.  My pick SA 36 Pirates 22

[/quote]

Once again your ignorance knows no limit as demonstrated with your inability to use the English language in a grammatically correct way. You've been informed about this incident and yet you want to beat your chest about mighty Kirbyville on a topic not even related to Kirbyville. I could also bring up how many years Newton let lineman run with the ball and SCORE against very, very weak Kirbyville teams. But I won't. ;D

With any athletic team the key is keeping their offense off the field as much as possible....if the Pirates can get a solid running game going and control the clock then I think the Pirates can do well...they will also help their cause on the other side of the ball by being physical which they're fully capable of doing...Good Luck Pirates!

[quote name="88Warrior" post="1265947" timestamp="1347207069"]
With any athletic team the key is keeping their offense off the field as much as possible....if the Pirates can get a solid running game going and control the clock then I think the Pirates can do well...they will also help their cause on the other side of the ball by being physical which they're fully capable of doing...Good Luck Pirates!
[/quote]
Those same athletes play on the defensive side of the ball as well!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder