WO-S @ Central

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1266069" timestamp="1347215826"]
Last state title appearance...  Almost 2 decades ago...  Fact
[/quote]

Actually, it was 12 years ago which is closer to one decade ago vs. two decades ago.  We lost to Ennis in the 2000 State Championship game. 

I don't care what the score is as long as the Mustangs are +1 on Central. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigd92" post="1266137" timestamp="1347219220"]
:P that's hilarious. Y'all can't stomp with the big dogs, I hope Central beat the brakes off of the Stangs.
[/quote] The funny thing is Memorial has [b]never[/b] played WO-S to even have the option of taking them off of a schedule LOL  ;D ;D

I find it rather amusing that the fans of 4A teams the the size of Vidor, Nederland, PNG, and Central all like to trash talk about beating a barely 3A school like WOS. My personal opinion is that (most of the time) a 4A school should be able to beat a small 3A school, and a 5A school like West Brook or PA Memorial should be able beat  a smaller school like Central.  I expect Vidor to beat Bridge City or Silsbee. It wouldn't really surprise me if Nederland or PNG beat WOS.  Those bigger schools have way more players and can rotate in players to keep them fresh, while small schools like WOS have quite a few playing both sides of the ball and by the end of the game these kids are worn out. You Central fans keep talking about how good you are and how you are going to run though WOS, even if Central wins the game by the score on the scoreboard, it still won't be much of a victory beating a barely 3A school. Beating WOS does not count in your own district and WOS is not certainly not Ozen, Nederland or Vidor.  These are the teams Central has to get past before you fans start trash talking anybody. I think Central is 0-2 right now.

BTW, some of you need to check you sig, it is not West-Orange Stark (W-OS), it's West Orange-Stark (WO-S).

[quote name="Wonderboy" post="1266149" timestamp="1347219888"]
I find it rather amusing that the fans of 4A teams the the size of Vidor, Nederland, PNG, and Central all like to trash talk about beating a barely 3A school like WOS. My personal opinion is that (most of the time) a 4A school should be able to beat a small 3A school, and a 5A school like West Brook or PA Memorial should be able beat  a smaller school like Central.  I expect Vidor to beat Bridge City or Silsbee. It wouldn't really surprise me if Nederland or PNG beat WOS.  Those bigger schools have way more players and can rotate in players to keep them fresh, while small schools like WOS have quite a few playing both sides of the ball and by the end of the game these kids are worn out. You Central fans keep talking about how good you are and how you are going to run though WOS, even if Central wins the game by the score on the scoreboard, it still won't be much of a victory beating a barely 3A school. Beating WOS does not count in your own district and WOS is not certainly not Ozen, Nederland or Vidor.  These are the teams Central has to get past before you fans start trash talking anybody. I think Central is 0-2 right now.

[b]BTW, some of you need to check you sig, it is not West-Orange Stark (W-OS), it's West Orange-Stark (WO-S).[/b]
[/quote]

;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1266148" timestamp="1347219846"]
[quote author=bigd92 link=topic=102792.msg1266137#msg1266137 date=1347219220]
:P that's hilarious. Y'all can't stomp with the big dogs, I hope Central beat the brakes off of the Stangs.
[/quote] The funny thing is Memorial has [b]never[/b] played WO-S to even have the option of taking them off of a schedule LOL  ;D ;D :
[/quote] :o :o ;D ;D

[quote name="Wonderboy" post="1266149" timestamp="1347219888"]

BTW, some of you need to check you sig, it is not West-Orange Stark (W-OS), it's West Orange-Stark (WO-S).
[/quote] Please show me where I or any Central fan stayed that we would 'run through' WO-S...  I'll wait..

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1266174" timestamp="1347221364"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102792.msg1266148#msg1266148 date=1347219846]
[quote author=bigd92 link=topic=102792.msg1266137#msg1266137 date=1347219220]
[/quote] The funny thing is Memorial has [b]never[/b] played WO-S to even have the option of taking them off of a schedule LOL  ;D ;D :
[/quote] :o :o ;D ;D
[/quote]im still trying to figure out when Memorial took them off of a schedule. Bball maybe? Soccer? ???

we are one big happy familey here at wo-s the few proud and leave everything on the field each and every friday night win are lose .these a just young kids playing there hearts out for the pride of there school and hope for the best at the end.over the 30 plus years watching the mustangs i never seen any kid  are kids back down from no one no matter who thay are playing .year in year  out the presser on these kids  at wo-s has been on them to win win win and thay have not let there fans down eaven in loseing thay still give it all thay got,so in closeing i wish both teams the best and pray god watches over each and every kid on the field on both teams

WOS is a 3A Team who actually have 2A #'s...  For them to even compete with these 4A teams is impressive.  As for the Vidor SCRIMMAGE, there are players who played roles in that PRACTICE that didn't even make VARSITY.  Also, remember WOS strength is Field Position, which is often set up through their Defense, Great Special Teams Play, and Return Game.  In a SCRIMMAGE there are no RETURNS, no rushing the punter, etc... It is a PRACTICE.  I also recall in that PRACTICE, WOS got a pick or a fumble recovery (can't remember) that was blown dead, because it was a SCRIMMAGE..  Lots of backup players got reps, that they wouldn't normally get (for both teams), so I put absolutely no stock in a FINAL SCORE of a SCRIMMAGE.  With that being said, I will not predict a score, but I will say this will be a very physical, hard hitting game, it always is.  Central is battle tested, and they always play physical.  They can match WOS with athletes, but I think a strong edge goes to WOS Coaches in this one.  I have attended several Central games, and I can figure out some of the coaches decision making.  JMO..  Should be a good one.  My wife is a Jaguar & I am a Mustang..  Gon be Interesting.. lol

As for playing Memorial, WOS is too small, and would get beat up front.  As far as Athletes, WOS can match them.  As far as quality lineman, sheer size, and depth, it aint close.  Memorial is not as stong as last year tho, they were senior heavy, so I think WOS would at least compete with this years team, and make things interesting, but the Titans would be hard to beat.  Best time to catch them is early tho, because they are inexperienced right now.  I think that has alot to do with why Ozen & Central were able to make it a good game. JMO

Lol.  I agree with everything you said...  And im glad to hear you decided to marry a Jaguar.  We have that in common.  Lol[quote name="BigD 95" post="1266265" timestamp="1347228097"]
WOS is a 3A Team who actually have 2A #'s...  For them to even compete with these 4A teams is impressive.  As for the Vidor SCRIMMAGE, there are players who played roles in that PRACTICE that didn't even make VARSITY.  Also, remember WOS strength is Field Position, which is often set up through their Defense, Great Special Teams Play, and Return Game.  In a SCRIMMAGE there are no RETURNS, no rushing the punter, etc... It is a PRACTICE.  I also recall in that PRACTICE, WOS got a pick or a fumble recovery (can't remember) that was blown dead, because it was a SCRIMMAGE..  Lots of backup players got reps, that they wouldn't normally get (for both teams), so I put absolutely no stock in a FINAL SCORE of a SCRIMMAGE.  With that being said, I will not predict a score, but I will say this will be a very physical, hard hitting game, it always is.  Central is battle tested, and they always play physical.  They can match WOS with athletes, but I think a strong edge goes to WOS Coaches in this one.  I have attended several Central games, and I can figure out some of the coaches decision making.  JMO..  Should be a good one.  My wife is a Jaguar & I am a Mustang..  Gon be Interesting.. lol
[/quote]

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1265816" timestamp="1347195976"]
[quote author=friendswoodkid link=topic=102792.msg1265778#msg1265778 date=1347189306]
Stangs too much it will get ugly WOS would run thru district 204a
[/quote]Didn't WO-S scrimmage Vidor, a 20-4a team?  Did that get 'ugly'.  I heard it did...  But not in your favor.  Hmmmm.  Run through? I think not.  Now that I'm thinking, did you 'run through' Nederland last year?  I believe their a member of the same district you you would 'run through'.  ...and trust me, you wouldnt want to see them this year...
[/quote]You want to chew that up for me?  Didn't WO-S scrimmage Nederland this year?  Were you at the WO-S - Vidor scrimmage, were you at the WO-S - Nederland scrimmage?  I don't know who's feeding you info but I would fire him.  If you go to the game Friday bring your flask, you'll need it.  WO-S by 20.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1266320" timestamp="1347234105"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102792.msg1266317#msg1266317 date=1347233844]
i sure thought wo-s scrimmaged NED then the next week Vidor. hmmmm
[/quote] didnt scrimmage them?

here's the thread

http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=101698.0

[/quote]

My bad.. :o.....first mistake I've made all yr. ;)

[quote name="incognito" post="1266335" timestamp="1347234999"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102792.msg1266320#msg1266320 date=1347234105]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102792.msg1266317#msg1266317 date=1347233844]
i sure thought wo-s scrimmaged NED then the next week Vidor. hmmmm
[/quote] didnt scrimmage them?

here's the thread

http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=101698.0

[/quote]

My bad.. :o.....first mistake I've made all yr. ;)
[/quote] :D

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1266074" timestamp="1347216004"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=102792.msg1266069#msg1266069 date=1347215826]
Last state title appearance...  Almost 2 decades ago...  Fact
[/quote]

When was Central's or even PAM's last one?
[/quote]

Trying to figure out why you are so infatuated with PAM?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty