1. 1. Who wins?

• Nederland
    • Angleton

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="outanup" post="1264787" timestamp="1347119189"]
Win, lose, or draw matchups like this make you better. On the other hand, Cupcakes.......Well, they just make you fat!!!!
[/quote]

I agree, this is a win win game. Rankings are fun, but meaningless come playoff time... Playing a great team win or lose on the scoreboard is beneficial.

Got to pull for the dogs, always like a good physical defense, but my gut tells me they are gonna get a loss on the road trip. I will be listening to it on the radio while I'm at the rez watching a nightmare matchup lol. Good luck to the dogs, I'm sure there will be some barking going on for sure.

[quote name="tdavis9" post="1265414" timestamp="1347155624"]
[quote author=Daytonfan link=topic=102781.msg1265394#msg1265394 date=1347155070]
[quote author=tdavis9 link=topic=102781.msg1265254#msg1265254 date=1347147332]
angleton number in the state....nederland number 8 in the state.....whoeveer wins should be number 1 in the state......nederland takes it by 21
[/quote] Nederland is good I'll admit, but do you seriously think that Nederland is the #1 team in the state? Come on now!!! Let's be real
[/quote]
[glow=red,2,300]if they beat angleton whon is number 4 in the state then they deserve to be number 1[/glow][/quote]VIDOR They beat B.C ;)

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1268191" timestamp="1347449920"]
[quote author=tdavis9 link=topic=102781.msg1265414#msg1265414 date=1347155624]
[quote author=Daytonfan link=topic=102781.msg1265394#msg1265394 date=1347155070]
[quote author=tdavis9 link=topic=102781.msg1265254#msg1265254 date=1347147332]
angleton number in the state....nederland number 8 in the state.....whoeveer wins should be number 1 in the state......nederland takes it by 21
[/quote] Nederland is good I'll admit, but do you seriously think that Nederland is the #1 team in the state? Come on now!!! Let's be real
[/quote]
[glow=red,2,300]if they beat angleton whon is number 4 in the state then they deserve to be number 1[/glow][/quote][b]VIDOR They beat B.C ;)[/b]
[/quote]

;)

Hey these are 2 good programs. Nederland is almost the new kid on the block playing so early in a game that's getting state wide attention..If Ned. wins this game the will put themselves on the Tex. high school football map for a while. Two real good offenses face off and both have shown they can score points. Both defenses have forced turn overs, both will have to play great defense. Home field advantage goes to Angleton...Defensive advantage goes to Nederland. If Neds. defense can put points on the board I think they can win, besides I don't know if Vidor will get another shot at em this yr. so it's time Angleton gets a good 20-4A whupping.  ;)

Two more days and we'll know for sure. I can say personally tho, that after speaking with some of the players (and seeing them play every game last year and this year) that the Wildcats (and I) believe that they are already a much better team at this time than at any point during their last season playing both sides of the ball ... Time will tell.  :)

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1268598" timestamp="1347480473"]
Two more days and we'll know for sure. I can say personally tho, that after speaking with some of the players (and seeing them play every game last year and this year) that the Wildcats (and I) believe that they are already a much better team at this time than at any point during their last season playing both sides of the ball ... Time will tell.  :)
[/quote]

I believe that also. The way they manhandled BWood's dline was very impressive. Bwood's strength was their dline and linebackers and is supposed to lead them into earning a playoff spot in 24-5A. Plus they were huge. One tackle was 6'2, 340 and the other 6'2 285 with their mlb at 6'1 225. They were totally dominated. Some people would say they were overated, but I think the Cat offense and their line is just that good. I just hope they don't come in too overconfident because Nederland's dline is very strong and talented and may be better than BWood's.

Also it may be a wet one Friday night with a 40% chance of rain.

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1268627" timestamp="1347483193"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=102781.msg1268598#msg1268598 date=1347480473]
[/quote]

I believe that also. The way they manhandled BWood's dline was very impressive. Bwood's strength was their dline and linebackers and is supposed to lead them into earning a playoff spot in 24-5A. Plus they were huge. One tackle was 6'2, 340 and the other 6'2 285 with their mlb at 6'1 225. They were totally dominated. Some people would say they were overated, but I think the Cat offense and their line is just that good. I just hope they don't come in too overconfident because Nederland's dline is very strong and talented and may be better than BWood's.

[b]Also it may be a wet one Friday night with a 40% chance of rain[/b].
[/quote] ah cmon and say it, you guys are gonna soak the field before the players hit the stadium for warm-ups LOL  :D

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1268598" timestamp="1347480473"]
[/quote]P/S/W I can also say I have talked to some of our players also, they are ready for the battle. And you are right 2 more days and the team who controls the ball and the clock with out turn overs will be the victor. But, win or loose both teams will know they have been in a battle. I would love for Nederland to come home with the win but, as long as both teams walk away with no serious injuries thats my main concern before district play starts

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder