Nuevo Leon at Barbers Hill Game Thread/The Hill wins 37-13!

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1257376" timestamp="1346471465"]
They had cool uniforms and the buses were nice too! ;D

Seriously, BH will be one of the playoff teams this year.
[/quote]I was suprised at how easy BH beat this team. When the Tigres were warming up before the game they looked huge, almost like a college team. But when they started playing you could tell they had not been playing football since they were little, like our boys do. They were a class act though, coming over to our sidlines and waving to our fans. I wish them luck in their future games but it will take more than luck to win in Texas.

Still can't tell how good we are yet. A good win anyway.

The learning curve is going to get better for the Tigres.  While we hate to lose, the Mexican teams still take losses as learning opportunities. 

As for the comments on another thread...most of us know each other, understand that we pick on each other in fun...but I noticed that there was a new poster on that thread called "mexfootball" giving information on their team.  He didn't make any comment on the comments he may have seen.  However, imagine going to Mexico with your soccer team, and there being a site like ours that you can access, and you see the thread involving your team is not just discussing the game, but making it seem like your players fit every negative stereotype about Americans there is...

As you can see from my post on that other thread, I like to play as much as anyone...but what image do we portray to guests that travel a long way to play the game we all love?

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="elhector1" post="1257876" timestamp="1346514393"]
The learning curve is going to get better for the Tigres.  While we hate to lose, the Mexican teams still take losses as learning opportunities. 

As for the comments on another thread...most of us know each other, understand that we pick on each other in fun...but I noticed that there was a new poster on that thread called "mexfootball" giving information on their team.  He didn't make any comment on the comments he may have seen.  However, imagine going to Mexico with your soccer team, and there being a site like ours that you can access, and you see the thread involving your team is not just discussing the game, but making it seem like your players fit every negative stereotype about Americans there is...

As you can see from my post on that other thread, I like to play as much as anyone...but what image do we portray to guests that travel a long way to play the game we all love?
[/quote]

Moderators have the right, and the responsibility, to remove any posts deemed offensive.

[quote name="elhector1" post="1257876" timestamp="1346514393"]

[/quote]

Ok you post this yesterday

"As a result of today's game, BH city officials hope to see meth production go down, as well as incidences of random multi-shootings.  Officials are worried about inter-family birth rates, which could go either way depending on a win or a loss.  A win is expected to increase the amount of inter-family births in the city after 9 months. 

There...scales are balanced...start laughin' boy!"

El hector go get a yob and a life ;)

I went to BH since pre k-12th and being Hispanic going to a school with 90% of the kids being white. Comments about hispanics were made almost routinely, it never got to me, but there was once where it crossed the line and I took care of it quickly. It's sad to see kids do say things and try and be funny because its really not close to being funny, and then to come on a website and see it be done by some grown men is even worse. I know people have a right to say whatever they want, but this team was a guest at our stadium.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1257946" timestamp="1346517787"]
[quote author=elhector1 link=topic=102362.msg1257876#msg1257876 date=1346514393]

[/quote]

Ok you post this yesterday

"As a result of today's game, BH city officials hope to see meth production go down, as well as incidences of random multi-shootings.  Officials are worried about inter-family birth rates, which could go either way depending on a win or a loss.  A win is expected to increase the amount of inter-family births in the city after 9 months. 

There...scales are balanced...start laughin' boy!"

El hector go get a yob and a life ;)
[/quote]

See...this is an example of funnin'...bhfan is a good dude, and knows about taking as much as giving...

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1257344" timestamp="1346470711"]
[quote author=StarlessTexas link=topic=102362.msg1257314#msg1257314 date=1346470221]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=102362.msg1257187#msg1257187 date=1346468450]
I cant beleive this team is playing tyler john tyler next friday. I hope the tyler coach is nice. Also I want a heart felt apology from bhfan thinking I was full of it. Told you bh by 28.
[/quote]
I don't think those kids care who they play as long as they are playing football. They are given such an opportunity to come play over here for a limited amount of games. It's a cool thing to see knowing that their main sport is soccer yet they want to play American football. And your right I wish then the best of luck maybe they will rake it easy on them  ;D overall it was a good game bh defense sure isntwhat it was last year and it shows.
[/quote]

I didn't think the D was that bad. The only reason the Tigres scorred was because they got great field location after some bad plays/penalties from the offense. Both times they scored they got the ball around the 40 yardline. BH's kickoff team scared me a couple of time as the tigres got some good returns! that has to get shored up quick.
[/quote]Christian Thames(the kicker) had to make at least two of the tackles on the Tigres returns.

[quote name="bh15" post="1258683" timestamp="1346573644"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=102362.msg1257344#msg1257344 date=1346470711]
[quote author=StarlessTexas link=topic=102362.msg1257314#msg1257314 date=1346470221]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=102362.msg1257187#msg1257187 date=1346468450]
I cant beleive this team is playing tyler john tyler next friday. I hope the tyler coach is nice. Also I want a heart felt apology from bhfan thinking I was full of it. Told you bh by 28.
[/quote]
I don't think those kids care who they play as long as they are playing football. They are given such an opportunity to come play over here for a limited amount of games. It's a cool thing to see knowing that their main sport is soccer yet they want to play American football. And your right I wish then the best of luck maybe they will rake it easy on them  ;D overall it was a good game bh defense sure isntwhat it was last year and it shows.
[/quote]

I didn't think the D was that bad. The only reason the Tigres scorred was because they got great field location after some bad plays/penalties from the offense. Both times they scored they got the ball around the 40 yardline. BH's kickoff team scared me a couple of time as the tigres got some good returns! that has to get shored up quick.
[/quote]Christian Thames(the kicker) had to make at least two of the tackles on the Tigres returns.
[/quote]

Not good :-[

Finaly found the stats for the game! 417 yards rushing on the night! Denny rushed for 145 and Oneal rushed for 167. the eagles for a team averaged 8.45 yards an attempt

Total Yards -BH 433 NL 217
First Downs - BH 17 NL 137
Rush yards - BH 49/414 NL 22/104
Pass Yards - BH 19 NL 113

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33