Santa Fe at Vidor Game Thread/Vidor wins 41-0!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jmoore" post="1257290" timestamp="1346469849"]
Does anyone know the individual stats for the game? Or where to find them? I live in Missouri (Misery) and my nephew is the FB. Thanks in advance!
[/quote]
Your nephew did very very well. Two TD's and if i'm correct he probably had most rushing yards. I'm trying to get stats right now but it might not be up till tomorrow morning.

Offense was solid. I was really impressed with our O-line. Only thing was we had a few illegal cut blocks. I don't know what are totals were but i'm sure we had over 300 yrds on the ground. We did have one botched snap that resulted in a turn over and one int. Our passing game was about like last season. we did complete a few passes and looked good doing it. I was hoping we would have taken advantage of a 35-0 halftime lead and put it in the air some in the second half.

Defense is as advertised. Nuff said.

Specail teams looked good. Brice Copper had well over 100 yrds in punt returns and came close to breaking some. Our kicking game is much better than last year. Our two fieldgoals were from 24 and 28 and would have made it from another 20 back. Kickoffs were deep and Santa Fe rarely started passed their own 20.

All in all. Vidor dominated their first group of Indians this year. ;D Great win and GO PIRATES!

Impressive that Sante Fe did not pick up a first down until the 4th quarter with the backup players in.  Still could not get anything going.  Running game looks good again with 4 or 5 players getting carries with the first team offense.
Tamayo has a strong leg as kicker, don't know about punting since Pirates never had to punt.

Santa Fe's projected finish in 24-4a.  Terrrific win for Vidor but keep it in perspective!!! ;)
DISTRICT 24-4A 
1 Pearland Dawson (1) 
2 Friendswood (2) 
3 Texas City (7) 
4 Goose Creek Memorial (4) 
5 Baytown Lee (6) 
6 Galena Park (3) 
7 Galveston Ball (5) 
8 Santa Fe (8) 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online